Bruins Prospects VI - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If Gabrielle becomes a 40 goal threat in the nhl I will literally eat my iPhone.

I mean literally.

I'd pay to see that :) Not saying how much, but it would be worth a bob or two. Hell, I wouldn't even mind paying because it would mean we got a 40 goal threat out of Jesse Gabrielle. Bettin' we don't see you eat your phone :laugh:

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Based on Mark Divver's tweet (which I can't post at work), it sure looks like JFK is on the 4th line for the P-B's at practice. Not good.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Concussion for Vaakanainen tonight. Krug a week away and Miller at least that much. Bruins haven't said what is wrong with McAvoy but the guess is concussion. Who's the next man up?

Mark Divver thinks Goloubef.

My guess is either Lauzon or Clifton.

Thoughts from those who have watched the prospects in Providence so far?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Concussion for Vaakanainen tonight. Krug a week away and Miller at least that much. Bruins haven't said what is wrong with McAvoy but the guess is concussion. Who's the next man up?

Mark Divver thinks Goloubef.

My guess is either Lauzon or Clifton.

Thoughts from those who have watched the prospects in Providence so far?

I really liked the physical game that Clifton brought during pre-season. I wouldn't mind seeing him get the nod.

Reactions: FanSince72 and 00BW

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think Goloubef will get the nod just on his NHL games played. Would like to see Lauzon but I think the staff up in Boston is worried about having rookies play their first NHL games in the patchwork defense we have now.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
i'm interested in what everyone's thoughts are on our goalie situation going forward. mcintyre or vladar ever be nhl caliber? swayman, keyser make it as a #1 ? personally rooting for swayman but goalies seem so tough to gauge

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
i'm interested in what everyone's thoughts are on our goalie situation going forward. mcintyre or vladar ever be nhl caliber? swayman, keyser make it as a #1 ? personally rooting for swayman but goalies seem so tough to gauge
To me McIntyre likely isn't going to make it, maybe a backup but I don't think he is a top end goalkeeper. Swayman is the guy I'm most excited for but I wouldn't write anyone off or guarantee any of the 3 can make it, but I do have high hopes for all 3.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Not sure Zane will be an NHL caliber goalie. Vladar has a lot of tools, but is still very raw. The upside of Vladar from his draft year was he had NHL starter potential. As for the rest, I'm a big Swayman fan (as evident by my profile picture), but Keyser has been just as amazing for his junior team.

BruinsNetwork

@BruinsNetwork I think this is probably the thread @LouJersey wanted a Senyshyn update in. If not it's as appropriate a thread as any. Tagged you myself because I really want to hear about Senyshyn too.

Thanks.

Similar to Zboril, I really like what I’ve seen from Senyshyn— looks like he’s ready to turn the page in his career.

Aside from scoring twice so far this season, he’s forechecking, playing well defensively and really throwing his body around down-low in the zone. He’s had a few chances in the slot that I would have liked to see him bury, but those goals will come. Playing alongside one of Cehlarik and Cave will help him even further.

I’ve always been high on Senyshyn and really think he’s going to be a top-six forward in the NHL one day.

My biggest takeaway from Senyshyn remains from last season— he’s frequently open and moving around, but the puck doesn’t find him that much. His teammates in the bottom-six just aren’t skilled enough to retrieve the puck and make the play all at once, so he’s left wide-open a lot.

As I said, now that he’s playing with more skilled players, and Cave has been awesome so far, the points and goals should begin to pile up.

Next step? Permanent top-six role and PP time in Providence will do wonders for his production and confidence.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Thanks.

Similar to Zboril, I really like what I’ve seen from Senyshyn— looks like he’s ready to turn the page in his career.

Aside from scoring twice so far this season, he’s forechecking, playing well defensively and really throwing his body around down-low in the zone. He’s had a few chances in the slot that I would have liked to see him bury, but those goals will come. Playing alongside one of Cehlarik and Cave will help him even further.

I’ve always been high on Senyshyn and really think he’s going to be a top-six forward in the NHL one day.

My biggest takeaway from Senyshyn remains from last season— he’s frequently open and moving around, but the puck doesn’t find him that much. His teammates in the bottom-six just aren’t skilled enough to retrieve the puck and make the play all at once, so he’s left wide-open a lot.

As I said, now that he’s playing with more skilled players, and Cave has been awesome so far, the points and goals should begin to pile up.

Next step? Permanent top-six role and PP time in Providence will do wonders for his production and confidence.

Interesting. I hope you are right. I didn’t see the games last weekend but I’m concerned about Senyshyn. He has excellent tools but doesn’t seem to process the game well. Either way, way too early to write him off. We will know a lot more at the end of this season.

BruinsNetwork

Interesting. I hope you are right. I didn’t see the games last weekend but I’m concerned about Senyshyn. He has excellent tools but doesn’t seem to process the game well. Either way, way too early to write him off. We will know a lot more at the end of this season.

I was very worried about Zboril last year, and so far he’s proving my doubts wrong.

Senyshyn is someone that I’ve yet to be worried about, in any sense. Actually, I think he processes the game very well.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
I was very worried about Zboril last year, and so far he’s proving my doubts wrong.

Senyshyn is someone that I’ve yet to be worried about, in any sense. Actually, I think he processes the game very well.

What part of his game would you point to when determining that he processes the game well? What concerns me about his decision making are what I see as his issues in making quick decisions with the puck when his time and space are limited. At times it seems to me he also hesitates to close on and compete for pucks in tight spaces. With that said, I really like the package. The kid can skate, he’s big and has good hands for his size and has a nice release. I also think he is trying to become more involved physically even if it doesn’t come naturally to him.

BruinsNetwork

What part of his game would you point to when determining that he processes the game well? What concerns me about his decision making are what I see as his issues in making quick decisions with the puck when his time and space are limited. At times it seems to me he also hesitates to close on and compete for pucks in tight spaces. With that said, I really like the package. The kid can skate, he’s big and has good hands for his size and has a nice release. I also think he is trying to become more involved physically even if it doesn’t come naturally to him.

For me personally? It’s a lot of things. What stands out most to me is watching him in the corners and behind the net. When he gets to the puck in the corners, he isn’t going around the net and holding it up— instead, he’s sending it through the crease or into the slot. That always stood out to me, especially since I thought he should have had at least 10 more points last year as a result of similar plays to that.

As far as how he handles limited space? He’s a big-frame and operating in close quarters isn’t always easy for players with size. I think that’s why it might appear he struggles with it sometimes. Realistically I always thought he was pretty good in those situations too, but I understand what you’re seeing and watching.

I’ve studied every single shift Senyshyn has taken from Day 1 until now and like I said, I haven’t been concerned once.

I appreciate and understand your input though, as it seems like you’re someone who actually gets out there and watches him. Kudos.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I’m so excited for the future of our Defense. Lauzon to me was our best dman this preseason(besides Carlo). He brings a lot of different elements. If we see him tonight I think you will all appreciate his well rounded game. Skates well (not as good as Urho) but has more offensive instincts and can be a physical defender when called upon.

Reactions: FanSince72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad