Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects IX - Stay on Subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I know that you are obsessed with Montreal, judging by your posts, but that team has a strong prospect pool and is hardly irrelevant. They’re only gong to get better.

You must have a different definition of relevant than me. How is a team that has missed the PO's 3 of the last 4 years a relevant team? They'll be relevant when they start making the PO's and going for a run, until then they're irrelevant, regardless of who they have as prospects. Let's see them preform at the NHL level before we start handing out the awards.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I know that you are obsessed with Montreal, judging by your posts, but that team has a strong prospect pool and is hardly irrelevant. They’re only gong to get better.

Why haven’t they gotten better already with their top prospect pool for years? Irrelevant for years.

Meanwhile, the Bruins that can’t draft and with that 2015 draft that many like to bring on just roll in HOF 2nd rounder Bergy-Krejci, add late steals in Pasta-McAvoy, get value in Carlo-Heinen, sign undrafted steals like Krug, Lucic, greatest UFA signing ever in Chara, etc.

Who cares about prospect rankings? Teams who are bad and hope for better days. Bruins are already a top team with many good ELC in the sleeve to surround that great Cup winning core.

I take that over any HF prospect ranking.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I would hand the whole poll over to Dom and the Three Amigo's. They're objective, and hand out responsible opinions and give the analysis as to the "why's" no matter the level. Polls, fan polls are worthless IMO and not even worth the time it takes to read them. Leave it to the experts!

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I'd bet dollars to donuts that there are more Leafs and Habs fans on these boards than any other team. If that's the case , need I say more?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I would hand the whole poll over to Dom and the Three Amigo's. They're objective, and hand out responsible opinions and give the analysis as to the "why's" no matter the level. Polls, fan polls are worthless IMO and not even worth the time it takes to read them. Leave it to the experts!

Bruin fans are fortunate to have the Amigos but it’s also good to read varied opinions on prospects. The Buffalo prospects tournament allows some fans like myself to see bruin prospects against other teams top prospects. It’s very competitive and the arena is filled with team prospects, team management, coaches, and scouts.

We all have the opportunity to view prospects and form opinions. The polls allow us to see opinions and arguments. Why I enjoy reading neelyn s annual poll.

I think most of us vote based on viewing the players and draft position.

Would be great to see historical voting against those players who are playing or played in the NHL.

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
Why haven’t they gotten better already with their top prospect pool for years? Irrelevant for years.

Meanwhile, the Bruins that can’t draft and with that 2015 draft that many like to bring on just roll in HOF 2nd rounder Bergy-Krejci, add late steals in Pasta-McAvoy, get value in Carlo-Heinen, sign undrafted steals like Krug, Lucic, greatest UFA signing ever in Chara, etc.

Who cares about prospect rankings? Teams who are bad and hope for better days. Bruins are already a top team with many good ELC in the sleeve to surround that great Cup winning core.

I take that over any HF prospect ranking.
Point of argument, lucic was drafted 50th overall

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
I don't agree with this at all. You can have a good prospect pool and be a consistently good team at the same time. It's all about scouting.
Chicago did this very thing dating back to 2008 when everyone was all "how will they replace Byfuglein?" Then it was troy brouwer, then saad...remember when they snagged Panarin? I imagine the scout who was in on panarin got himself a few scallop dinners from bowman for that one.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Chicago did this very thing dating back to 2008 when everyone was all "how will they replace Byfuglein?" Then it was troy brouwer, then saad...remember when they snagged Panarin? I imagine the scout who was in on panarin got himself a few scallop dinners from bowman for that one.

You can chalk most of that up to cap circumvention. Also getting a player like Panarin for free didn't hurt anything either.

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
You can chalk most of that up to cap circumvention. Also getting a player like Panarin for free didn't hurt anything either.
did they ever get in trouble for the circumvention tho? Them and Detroit did it, outsmarting the nhl and now their are rules and recapture penalties in place. Dont be mad at them cuz they were smarter first albeit a little grimy ie hossa contract. As far as panarin for free? How you think they got him for free? Straight scouts homie. Boots on the ground in Russia

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
did they ever get in trouble for the circumvention tho? Them and Detroit did it, outsmarting the nhl and now their are rules and recapture penalties in place. Dont be mad at them cuz they were smarter first albeit a little grimy ie hossa contract. As far as panarin for free? How you think they got him for free? Straight scouts homie. Boots on the ground in Russia

I'm not mad at them, I'm just pointing out how they did it. It can't be done again with the rules that are in place. The Hossa thing, gimme a break. Panarin was a hot commodity that several teams were trying to acquire,he chose Chicago.

Last edited:

BruinsNetwork

Now that would be ridiculous.

I'm not his biggest fan, but to be fair, he didn't eviscerate any prospects or anything, it's just that they fall into "solid" categories more than "star" or "very good" from what I understood.

I do like some of the things he wrote in there though, to be honest. I still think No. 29 is extremely modest and also unfair, but that's just me. Had some good things to say about Hughes and also both Zboril and Senyshyn– especially that they still have a chance.

He also has Andersson at No. 16 in the Bruins' system, which to me, can go either way. I personally think I'd have him somewhere around there as well though.

Seeing Lauzon get basically just an honorable mention from him and being written as a "depth" prospect in the system puzzles me, though.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Now that would be ridiculous.
I'd wager hes invested a lot more time in watching the kids than people voting in a forum poll. If you read the article there isnt any real controversial assessments. Lots of graduates from the prospect pool and no players who project as more than "good" nhlers will do that.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Pronmans annual prospect rankings for The Athletic has B's at 29.

Pronman has always been higher on the highly-skilled, offensive-focused prospects. The Bruins don't tend to draft those types of players, so it should be no surprise that he wouldn't have them highly ranked. I think it's always important to understand the biases of the ranker, and then look at a number of rankings to have a better idea of the "consensus" from a variety of opinions.

I might be remembering incorrectly, but doesn't Pronman do most of his scouting via video versus in-person? I know @Dom - OHL has always talked about how you need to see the player in person in order to get a full evaluation.

Reactions: lxndr and pemulis

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We're all guilty of overrating prospects, myself included at times, but I think that's way off.

The Bruins had kids like Carlo, McAvoy, DeBrusk, Heinen and Grzelcyk graduate already.

Last season they saw reasons why Lauzon is an NHL-caliber defenseman who's capable of logging ~20 minutes per-night.

Connor Clifton graduated and proved he's ready for the NHL and has the upside of a second-pairing player, in my opinion.

Karson Kuhlman stepped into a middle-six role during a long playoff run and was pretty damn good at that.

They may not have many first-line or first-pair guys in the system, outside of Studnicka and Vaakanainen, but they do have some impressive depth. They have players that look like they'll have steady, solid careers as middle-six forwards and second-pairing or top-pairing guys.
They have 3 wingers who are top 2 line who should get 100+ goals

With health no worries for 3+ years

Same goes for top 4 D

We’ve seen them all play in June

If you set a short term goal 3 years and have signed Krug the worry is OMG-a third line wing

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Pronman had an size to his sack he’d have put them at 31

He made his prediction

Here’s mine - Anders Bjork going to have ATLEAST 40 points but more importantly solidify his skill as an NHL top 9

Pronman 29 Bjork 40

I’m locking in to that

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I'd wager hes invested a lot more time in watching the kids than people voting in a forum poll. If you read the article there isnt any real controversial assessments. Lots of graduates from the prospect pool and no players who project as more than "good" nhlers will do that.

His track record is no better than the average HFboards poster.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

If I was reading this without any knowledge of who you were referring to and in what league the player was in, the first name that comes to my mind is none other than Patrice Bergeron. So Im going to disregard the Matt Cullen Comparison. :laugh:

"You'd be hard pressed to find a more complete player. This guy really can do it all. In terms of ice time, he might have among the highest of any forward in the league. He's out there on the first powerplay unit. He's out there on the first penalty killing unit. If you need a goal or are protecting a lead late, he's on the ice. If you need a big faceoff win, he's on the ice. I mean, there really isn't anything that this guy can't do."

Reactions: wintersej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad