Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Courtesy of Emerz on the Krug injury thread:

VigilantAmusedAoudad.gif

Was there a plenty on that play? Damn it!!!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Was there a plenty on that play? Damn it!!!

Of course not. Boston has to be behind by at least 2 goals before anyone will consider giving them a power play.

Every time I see that, I can hear Krug shouting "OW, *******".

Here's a more complete video - it happened with 2 minutes left in the game:

According to the official play-by-play summary, he basically left the ice right after this happened, making him unavailable for the end-of-game rush. He probably would have done Trotman's brief job at the end.

I saw a nasty pic supposedly of his finger on twitter - linked from this forum, but can't find it with a google search right now. Either way, hope he gets patched up real soon.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Of course not. Boston has to be behind by at least 2 goals before anyone will consider giving them a power play.

Every time I see that, I can hear Krug shouting "OW, *******".

Here's a more complete video - it happened with 2 minutes left in the game:

According to the official play-by-play summary, he basically left the ice right after this happened, making him unavailable for the end-of-game rush. He probably would have done Trotman's brief job at the end.

I saw a nasty pic supposedly of his finger on twitter - linked from this forum, but can't find it with a google search right now. Either way, hope he gets patched up real soon.

He was one pissed off Hobbit. I did not see the hit but saw him throw off the glove at the end of the game....His hand looked wrecked (swollen).

Now that I see the replay that was quite a slash. :shakehead..no call.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Anyway, or any reason, for Bruins brass to send this to the league?

According to Jack Edwards, the NHL reviews every single play in every single game, whether or not it's called on the ice. No requests need to be made - they've got it handled.

According to the real world, meh. Nothing will happen. At least not until Looch gets a chance to reopen Parise's scar.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
According to Jack Edwards, the NHL reviews every single play in every single game, whether or not it's called on the ice. No requests need to be made - they've got it handled.

According to the real world, meh. Nothing will happen. At least not until Looch gets a chance to reopen Parise's scar.

Lucic only hits people in the nuts now.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Yeesh. It's too early to talk about a return. It's way too early to talk about surgery or not. We're 2 weeks into an obviously optimistic recovery time period of 4-6 weeks. So, yeah, when it comes to Haggs...I'd say....

I know he's gotta come up with SOMETHING to write, and people want an update on Chara, but frankly, there's nothing new here. Recovery is boring. It's amazing that he even talked a little yesterday - typically players go on the DL when they're on the LTIR.

The jaded pessimist in me thinks that they really think 6-8 weeks is a more realistic timeline if surgery isn't needed, and that he's got a somewhat decent chance of needing surgery. But who knows? That said, I get it - you don't want to demoralize the fan base (and, more importantly, the team!)

Chara did pop up at Walgreens today in Boston for Movember, according to the Bruins' site.

Darkavenger

Feb 5, 2013
Looks like another defenseman will be getting called up

@NHLBruins: David Warsofsky didn't practice due to injury. Julien believes it's more than just a day-to-day situation ^CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce