Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
That puts Krejci out until early October which coincides with the start of the season and Krug out until early November, about 10 games (as per last year).

Get healthy:handclap:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Well I know now why

Krug's had neither the velocity or accuracy

Krejci looked slow and pained the last third of the year

Beleskey had trouble finishing after scoring an aggregate 30 the previous year

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Well I know now why

Krug's had neither the velocity or accuracy

Krejci looked slow and pained the last third of the year

Beleskey had trouble finishing after scoring an aggregate 30 the previous year

I thought krug's issues were related to his broken finger not quite being right, this clears that up nicely.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Well if krejci is delayed in recovery I guess koko will get a pretty good chance baring some off season acquisition. The problem is see for krejci and especially Krug is that they'll be behind in terms of game shape. Without a camp for either that may slow they're respective starts in terms of production.

On another note. Does this injury prevent the B's from being able to trade Krug if they decided to?

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
The problem is see for krejci and especially Krug is that they'll be behind in terms of game shape. Without a camp for either that may slow they're respective starts in terms of production.
Not sure why you are saying "especially Krug" since he had shoulder surgery. Krejci's the one to be concerned with because his on-ice activities will be extremely curtailed while Krug's won't be. However, people will need to dampen their expectations for these two and not expect much at the beginning of the season. It always takes more time than folks are willing to accept for recovery from major surgery.

On another note. Does this injury prevent the B's from being able to trade Krug if they decided to?
I certainly hope so. With as poor a defense as this team is currently icing, the team doesn't need fewer top-4 dmen, it needs to add more.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Lot`s of offseason surgeries potentially opening up some spots for someone to show what they got to begin the season, I have officially hit the gym with rigor and you can anticipate my arrival in Boston for TC as a walk-on sensation:)

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Not sure why you are saying "especially Krug" since he had shoulder surgery. Krejci's the one to be concerned with because his on-ice activities will be extremely curtailed while Krug's won't be. However, people will need to dampen their expectations for these two and not expect much at the beginning of the season. It always takes more time than folks are willing to accept for recovery from major surgery.

I certainly hope so. With as poor a defense as this team is currently icing, the team doesn't need fewer top-4 dmen, it needs to add more.

I said especially Krug simply based on the extra month of recovery time. Guys will be in full swing by then. Krejci is likely harder to recover from but he Krug also won't be able to do too much in terms of stick work until he starts getting real close to coming. That is an obvious assumption on my part

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Well if krejci is delayed in recovery I guess koko will get a pretty good chance baring some off season acquisition. The problem is see for krejci and especially Krug is that they'll be behind in terms of game shape. Without a camp for either that may slow they're respective starts in terms of production.

Koko won't be in camp with the Bruins unless he decides to re-sign. All indications are he's going to the KHL.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Lot`s of offseason surgeries potentially opening up some spots for someone to show what they got to begin the season, I have officially hit the gym with rigor and you can anticipate my arrival in Boston for TC as a walk-on sensation:)

That would be fun to see ;)

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site

Finally!.

It's about time this team added some skill to the roster instead of always looking for grit and settling for the tough to play against mantra. Although you'll have tough competition if Kelly and Talbot show up for TC as walk on's. Don't forget to work on your faceoffs and locker room presence.

It's going to be a rough October for the Bruins with Krug and Krejci either out of the lineup or still coming up to speed. We'll see what kind of depth Sweeney brings in during the offseason, but those roles aren't easy to fill.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Koko won't be in camp with the Bruins unless he decides to re-sign. All indications are he's going to the KHL.

You don't think if he sees a chance to break camp with the Bruins he might gamble? Not being sarcastic just curious your feelings on it. I imagine the Bruins will offer him a contract. I know it's up to him either way.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
You don't think if he sees a chance to break camp with the Bruins he might gamble? Not being sarcastic just curious your feelings on it. I imagine the Bruins will offer him a contract. I know it's up to him either way.

The Bruins have said they'd like him back, but his agent says he's not going to re-sign. Sorry I'm on my phone and can't link, but you can Google it - there have been a couple of stories quoting Don Sweeney. Personally I'd like him back. Of course Koko could change his mind, but the odds aren't good.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._prospect_zach_senyshyn_undergoes_surgery_for

Senyshyn, the Bruins' 15th overall selection in the 2015 draft, underwent a successful appendectomy Sunday, the team announced today. Senyshyn will not participate in the Bruins' Sept. 15 rookie camp, but he will report to the team's main training camp on Sept. 22. In a release, the B's said that Senyshyn's participation level is undertermined at this time.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Krejci, the Boston Bruins center, needs more time to recover from hip surgery and will be replaced by Roman Cervenka of Swiss club HC Fribourg-Gotteron for the tournament, which starts on Sept. 17 in Toronto.

"David Krejci was supposed to be one of our key players, but his (surgery) makes it impossible for him to participate," Czech Republic coach Josef Jandac said in a statement on Saturday. "We have to respect that."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...f_world_cup_of_hockey_czechs_look_to_cervenka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad