Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
No back to backs until the 13/14 of this month

And we start the month with 6 games in 14 days so no reason why Tuukka can't play the next 6 games and hopefully in 2 weeks Gus will be back but if not guess will find out what Malcolm is made of and hopefully goes just a little bit better than STL lol

Yeah, I did the math when Gustavsson was pulled out before the break, and came up with only 6 more games for the backup. One Buffalo this week, two Disney, and one each for the 3 back-to-backs in March. That's being moderately conservative in dumping games on the backup - I guess you could have Rask play until we leave on the long road trip, and have the backup do the first and third game of the road trip.

Either way, the good news is that Rask should be in the mid 60s for games played, assuming that he doesn't get pulled into a ****storm of a game multiple times like last year.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Welp, not surprised by this....

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=868282&navid=DL|BOS|home

Bruins said:
Malcolm underwent successful surgery on February 8 at Mass Eye & Ear Hospital in Boston to repair his larynx fracture. He is doing well and has been released from the hospital. While there is no definitive timetable for his return at this time, he is expected to be out a minimum of eight weeks.

I feel bad for the guy, but if Lundqvist took a couple of months off for a torn carotid from a similar issue last year, this makes sense. He's basically shut down for the regular season, pending a minor miracle.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm guessing nothing on Krug until Monday. They had to have been given Sunday off due to the six game road trip - and that probably includes players, coaching/management, and reporters. I imagine he saw the orthos in Boston today. A lot of people are saying it looks like a separated shoulder, but we'll see...

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Anybody if there is a chance Kelly could be back by playoffs or is that impossible. I thought originally we said it would have to be a deep run in the playoffs I was just wondering if there is any hope for earlier. After hearing the interview I am hoping . We could really use him on the 4th line.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
See Spooner hurt .Left game vs Leafs did not play in 3rd period.Was seen leaving dressing room though later under own power.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Per Mike Loftus, Spooner is not on trip to NJ and Eriksson may play center. They must really hate Koko unless he is injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad