Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I guess there's no chance he plays opening night in Columbus Thursday night??? I doubt management will allow it. They're pretty strict on players who had concussions no matter how mild they claim they were.. Czarnik could play Thursday and easily get banged up again and maybe miss substancial time.

I thought the NHL had a protocol that the player had to sit a week automatically. I'm probably wrong though.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Pissed to hear that Bergeron will miss the opener. Natrually, I look at the fact that he just participated in the WCOH and draw some connection - whether or not that was the cause of his injury, I still don't like the timing of the tournament.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Pissed to hear that Bergeron will miss the opener. Natrually, I look at the fact that he just participated in the WCOH and draw some connection - whether or not that was the cause of his injury, I still don't like the timing of the tournament.

Great minds Midship, great minds....

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I thought the NHL had a protocol that the player had to sit a week automatically. I'm probably wrong though.

That seems kind of silly. That's a totally arbitrary amount of time with I would assume no science behind it. There's been some work done recently that says that activity may help concussions, so Czarnik skating is a good sign. We'll see if he suits up on Thursday.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
TORONTO — Anton Khudobin was in net and took the 4-1 loss Saturday night at the Air Canada Centre. His backup, Tuukka Rask, was on the shelf with an injury, something the club didn’t make public until after the game.

“Tuukka was a little bit sore and Khudobin was scheduled to play one of the three games,’’ said coach Claude Julien, noting a three-game road trip that wraps up Monday in Winnipeg. “We felt it was the right decision to play [Khudobin] tonight.’’

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...lAFI/story.html?p1=Article_Recirculation_Pos2

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
bruinaura

To the starstruck fangirl: "dreamy"

To the Bruins fanboy: "nightmare"

Yes, "dreamy" was not my reaction to seeing a picture of Bergeron in an ankle boot. But I would dare to guess there are some female Bruins fans (me, for one) who are more concerned with the injury than his looks.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Update from the Bruins: Bergeron skating in Boston, not ruled out for tomorrow. Backes ok, optimistic on Rask.

Much as they need Bergeron, I'd say let him stay home and be good to go Thursday.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Update from the Bruins: Bergeron skating in Boston, not ruled out for tomorrow. Backes ok, optimistic on Rask.

Much as they need Bergeron, I'd say let him stay home and be good to go Thursday.

I would hope that the medical staff will clear Bergeron only if he is able to play without risking further injury to the ankle. The Bruins have missed the playoffs by 1 and 2 points in the last couple of seasons so every game and point is important to this team. Bergeron in the line up makes them a better team so I say send him to Winnipeg and let him play if he is cleared to play.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Much as they need Bergeron, I'd say let him stay home and be good to go Thursday

Me too. He is too important to rush back. B's need Bergy 100 %

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad