Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
It was speculated by Ryan Whitney on spittin’ chicklets podcast chara broke his jaw. Only way he thought chara would be on the bench and not play. He thought you can’t sit on the bench if it’s concussion and if it was just stitches he would have gone back out

He most definitely broke something if he wasn't playing.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
He most definitely broke something if he wasn't playing.

most likely. I didnt see a slow mo replay of the puck yet though. did it knuckle and hit his face flat, or did it ramp up sauced and catch him with the edge of the puck???

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Do the Blues even have anyone of consequence out with an injury right now? Unfortunately, this may tip the tables. Just brutal.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
im-not-a-real-doctor.jpg

And an expert in correctly diagnosing injuries from watching hockey games on TV :laugh:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
most likely. I didnt see a slow mo replay of the puck yet though. did it knuckle and hit his face flat, or did it ramp up sauced and catch him with the edge of the puck???

looked like a flat puck to me

I think his injury is in between. Stitches, broken teeth and superficial fractures of the jaw stemming from the broken teeth. I don't think he'll need it wired. Definite orthodontic surgery in the near future.

If he fractured his jaw needing it to be wired, i think he doesnt go back out.

My guess is they want their own doctors to make the decision, I don't know if it was just Donny Del Negro that checked him or if it was an in house doctor

I think he's questionable for game 5 but we will see him for Game 6. Question is...do you want to? Will the bruins be better off playing with more speed and a healthy line up? Or an in pain chara that's less speedy but can maybe give you more physical play and leadership?

I'll tell you one thing, if he's on pain killers I don't want him out there.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
If anyone sits it’s almost certainly Backes. He’s playing the least minutes as it is. On top of that, Acciari and Nordstrom have been very good

The first goal against last night was a total do nothing, sleep skating, error on Acciari. The Blues player came around the back of the net with the puck and Acciari just stood there. Then he moved forward but it was too late. The Blues got energy from that mistake .

The forwards have to play a better defensive game especially when they only have 5 D players.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
looked like a flat puck to me

I think his injury is in between. Stitches, broken teeth and superficial fractures of the jaw stemming from the broken teeth. I don't think he'll need it wired. Definite orthodontic surgery in the near future.

If he fractured his jaw needing it to be wired, i think he doesnt go back out.

My guess is they want their own doctors to make the decision, I don't know if it was just Donny Del Negro that checked him or if it was an in house doctor

I think he's questionable for game 5 but we will see him for Game 6. Question is...do you want to? Will the bruins be better off playing with more speed and a healthy line up? Or an in pain chara that's less speedy but can maybe give you more physical play and leadership?

I'll tell you one thing, if he's on pain killers I don't want him out there.

WOW

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Guys, Is Lauzon an option for a 7th D'man or is he still injured..He looked pretty good back in November, or was it October??

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Otherworld said:
Sundqvist could have easily hit Grizs body but choose to target his head. If you can't see that you have no business being a commentator for this sport.

Imagine what would be said if it was a Bruin that delivered that headshot....

I usually reject such claims of bias, but the more I listen to Olczyk and watch the broadcasts, the more I see it. Why, when they show a closeup of a Blues' player diving, do they not comment on it? Why, when Coyle's stick and arm are being blatantly held coming out of the zone, do they not zero in on it and speculate about Berube having successfully worked the refs?

Reactions: Chief Nine

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Guys, Is Lauzon an option for a 7th D'man or is he still injured..He looked pretty good back in November, or was it October??

If Chara and Matt G are both out I think Lauzon might be our best option. He is left-handed, big, physical and a decent skater. They would probably go with Kampher, but to me we need some size and physicality, albeit inexperienced.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Do the Blues even have anyone of consequence out with an injury right now? Unfortunately, this may tip the tables. Just brutal.
Robert Thomas was the most impactful forward in the Sharks series. In his absence the Bozak line has gone dead. But with Dunn's return last night, no one else is out with injury, although several players are known to be playing hurt (as is true for every playoff team).

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
We're all kind of wondering on the Blues board if Fauria is someone who is generally reliable? Obviously none of us know him and didn't know if he talks out his *** usually or is someone who could be relied on.
I would take it to the bank that he has a broken jaw on optics alone. Whether he plays though is not certain

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
He's done for the series. If they manage to overcome the losses of Gryz and Chara (Miller too) I will be shocked. This feels like fate kicking the Bruins in the balls.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Cool. I was just asking an innocent question.

Thanks anyway though.
To be fair, we're used to other fans coming here to troll and we're all pretty certain that the Bruins are gonna make life difficult. Not the best time to play the "here innocently" card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad