Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
I can't imagine Gryz coming back this season. I'm just basing that on how hard he was hit, and the fact he had to spend at least 1 night in the hospital.

Did they ever say Wagners issue ? I know its his arm, but was it broken, badly bruised ?
He is out for the season too correct ?
They didnt give specifics... but it was his arm/hand and they said it "did not look good" after the game and Cassidy or Sweeney said it was doubtful he would play again this season.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Just watched part of a rebroadcast of the 2011 SCF game 3 -- specifically, the part where Aaron Rome launches into a defenseless Horton's head, knocking the B's player out of the series. In the TV commentary following the hit, Eddie Olczyk basically blames Horton, saying he should have been more aware of his surroundings. He doesn't go after Rome for the predatory, career-threatening injury.

Now we hear the same blame-the-victim crap from various commentators, including former NHL players, about the Grzelcyk injury. He somehow "put himself in a position" to get injured by Sundqvist, who was simply "finishing a check" and couldn't possibly be expected to ease up even a bit when he saw Grzelcyk in such a vulnerable position.

But what was Gzelcyk supposed to do, shy away like Dougie Hamilton and be mocked forever?

What needs to be taken out of the game is commentary that excuses predatory hits.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Just watched part of a rebroadcast of the 2011 SCF game 3 -- specifically, the part where Aaron Rome launches into a defenseless Horton's head, knocking the B's player out of the series. In the TV commentary following the hit, Eddie Olczyk basically blames Horton, saying he should have been more aware of his surroundings. He doesn't go after Rome for the predatory, career-threatening injury.

Now we hear the same blame-the-victim crap from various commentators, including former NHL players, about the Grzelcyk injury. He somehow "put himself in a position" to get injured by Sundqvist, who was simply "finishing a check" and couldn't possibly be expected to ease up even a bit when he saw Grzelcyk in such a vulnerable position.

But what was Gzelcyk supposed to do, shy away like Dougie Hamilton and be mocked forever?

What needs to be taken out of the game is commentary that excuses predatory hits.
Eddie Olxzyk is a buffoon.

The other night Boston had an extended cycle game going on in the O zone. Won puck battle after puck battle for a good period of time. Blues defender on last legs finally gets loose puck and flips it out of zone in desperate attempt to clear the zone.

Eddie -- "Blues did a fantastic job of winning that puck and clearing the zone there." Which would be fine if he'd made even the slightest reference to B's dominating O zone possession for extended length of time. He's a fool.

That said, thrilled to hear Griz is making progress. He hit the glass hard as hell. I was worried for him.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Sundqvist could have easily hit Grizs body but choose to target his head. If you can't see that you have no business being a commentator for this sport.

Imagine what would be said if it was a Bruin that delivered that headshot....

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
It was speculated by Ryan Whitney on spittin’ chicklets podcast chara broke his jaw. Only way he thought chara would be on the bench and not play. He thought you can’t sit on the bench if it’s concussion and if it was just stitches he would have gone back out

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
It was speculated by Ryan Whitney on spittin’ chicklets podcast chara broke his jaw. Only way he thought chara would be on the bench and not play. He thought you can’t sit on the bench if it’s concussion and if it was just stitches he would have gone back out

I feel like Carlo implied this to a degree as well by saying "he could barely talk".

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
in my opinion chara suffered a broken jaw. If he had a concussion he would not been allowed back on the bench. If it was stitches or missing teeth he would
have returned to play some shifts in the third period. The tell tale sign was he was not out for the penalty kill when bruins took that early penalty in the third.
As for his replacement lets all hope gryzlyck will be back for game 5 if not i would choose vaakainaen over kampfer based on the fact vaakainen is a left shot
defensemen and is a smooth skater. That is what the bruins need to have clean retrievals and break outs.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
in my opinion chara suffered a broken jaw. If he had a concussion he would not been allowed back on the bench. If it was stitches or missing teeth he would
have returned to play some shifts in the third period. The tell tale sign was he was not out for the penalty kill when bruins took that early penalty in the third.
As for his replacement lets all hope gryzlyck will be back for game 5 if not i would choose vaakainaen over kampfer based on the fact vaakainen is a left shot
defensemen and is a smooth skater. That is what the bruins need to have clean retrievals and break outs.
I really hope Gryz or Chara can play. Vaak played poorly in the second half at Providence and I doubt he is ready to step into this series. As much as I would dread seeing Clifton on the left side with Kampfer, it would probably be a better alternative than force feeding Vaak into the lineup.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
WHO would be the 7th man?

Code:
Moore - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Kampfer - Clifton

Who is 7th?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Holy moly - who do you sit? I think Acciari or Nordstrom?
If the Bruins are going to use 7 defensemen and with Grzelcyk out, in my opinion, it should be Backes. Six days of rest would do wonders for him. Fingers crossed Grzelcyk will be ready for game 6 if not by Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad