Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Patrice Bergeron to sit out next two Bruins games with lower body injury - The Boston Globe

The Bruins, for at least two more games, will make do without Patrice Bergeron.
His undisclosed lower body injury, related to the groin trouble that has dogged him the last few years, will keep the top-line center home while the Bruins visit Montreal and Ottawa.

“Other than that, no timeline on it,” Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said. “We just want to make sure that when he’s in the lineup, he’s not going to put himself at further risk.”

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
From today’s Globe:

Wait and see

No telling when Bergeron returns to action. He will not be on the ice with the Bruins Wednesday night in Ottawa. The club has a day off Thursday, followed by Friday’s matinee on Causeway Street against the Rangers. About to play his 1,050th NHL game, Bergeron isn’t the typical case — but typically Cassidy would not want to activate a player who has missed two games and not been able to get in a full practice . . .

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Didn't see it posted but i was checking Cap Friendly and noticed Ritchie was on IR. Looks like he is out atleast through the Friday game.

Bruins' Brett Ritchie: Lands on IR
yeah he has that elbow infection.
i had one of those and it never went away until i stopped wearing elbow pads. the sweat in any elbow pad makes it worse. he woukd be better off not wearing one if he comes back.

Reactions: lopey

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I hope they don’t just put Backes back in the lineup when he is ready. Sub him in only if someone gets injured or isn’t playing well.
So, would you activate him and put him on the roster? If he's cleared to play, doesn't the team have to make a decision, i.e. 23 man roster, Providence, trade? What kind of an impact would that be on the cap?

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
So, would you activate him and put him on the roster? If he's cleared to play, doesn't the team have to make a decision, i.e. 23 man roster, Providence, trade? What kind of an impact would that be on the cap?
Don’t know about the cap but I would assume Gaunce gets sent down first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad