Injury Report: Bruins Injury Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
try to watch this and not get touched by what he`s gone through and how grateful he is to be back

EXCELLENT video clip. I love to hear former teammates still checking in, like Acciari in this case. Some of the friendships are all over social media, specifically with the younger generation of players. It’s great to see

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Blidh skating (in Providence)

Looks like a good bet to see Moore tomorrow.

Thanks for the updates. Nice to see Blidh back on the ice, and it's been a pretty long road for Moore, longer than it probably needed to be because he sacrificed his body for the team in the playoffs, so hopefully he does indeed play tomorrow. Will be good to see him out there, and it'll give another nice little boost to the rest of the team.

Reactions: BMC

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
So, what do we do when Moore and Miller come back to play?
Chara, Zee, Krug, Big Mac, Carlo and Grizz all need to play.
We only room for one more dee.
Kamper can be waived, doubt if he gets claimed.
Cliffy has to go through waivers too, very likely someone picks him up.
Moore and Miller have to go through waivers too, if we want to send them to the AHL, which makes no sense to me, since they are NHL defencemen.

Hopefully DS is working on a trade?

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Moore and Miller have to go through waivers too, if we want to send them to the AHL, which makes no sense to me, since they are NHL defencemen.

If we every get fully healthy and they can fit it under the cap I think they'd want to carry 8 defenseman.

Reactions: Ladyfan

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

there have been reports that Clifton was extended, now how accurate those reports are is the prevailing question, Moore has already been through a conditional assignment and has cleared that by virtue of the game in Charlotte per the rules regarding conditional assignments....

I suspect Moore and Kampfer rotate as the 7th D if no further injuries to any of the existing 6 D. Miller isn't an option that needs to be decided upon until medically cleared just as Moore was and even then a conditional assignment can be employed

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
try to watch this and not get touched by what he`s gone through and how grateful he is to be back

"I was excited to go to Bojangles Arena and play in front of 400 people" :laugh:

And he really was! Not hard to believe when he hadn't played in so long.

I love how close this team is. That's what makes it so fun to root for them.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
there have been reports that Clifton was extended, now how accurate those reports are is the prevailing question, Moore has already been through a conditional assignment and has cleared that by virtue of the game in Charlotte per the rules regarding conditional assignments....

I suspect Moore and Kampfer rotate as the 7th D if no further injuries to any of the existing 6 D. Miller isn't an option that needs to be decided upon until medically cleared just as Moore was and even then a conditional assignment can be employed

He was undoubtedly extended: https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/br...agree-three-year-3-million-contract-extension

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You know what. I have no problem tossing either of Cliffy or Gryz a few games on the wing, Gryz has the chops and Cliffy hockey... who knows there?

I know it's been talked about on here at times, but I would even not mind trying Kevan Miller at RW as a 3rd or 4th line banger with some skill

Reactions: Salem13 and BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
"I was excited to go to Bojangles Arena and play in front of 400 people" :laugh:

And he really was! Not hard to believe when he hadn't played in so long.

I love how close this team is. That's what makes it so fun to root for them.

for sure, I can`t imagine what it`s like to be out as long as he has, often rehabbing away from the boys, can`t be remotely fun, especially for a guy who has essentially done nothing but be a part of a team for his entire life practicing, playing etc....good on Moore, good on the team for being there for the guy. Hope he gets a terrific reception tonight

Reactions: Bruinaura and BMC

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
With Moore activated, Bruins are at the 23 man roster limit, with Senyshyn, Ritchie, Kuhlman and Miller still on IR or LTIR.

Senyshyn is likely the next one to clear and will go to Providence (Waiver exempt) and today would clear $566k in cap space

Ritchie is likely next and a body will need to go to Providence, and my guess is Kampfer (needs waivers) and today would clear $524k in cap space

Kuhlman when cleared would also likely be sent to Providence (Waiver exempt) and today would clear $490k in cap space.

That gives the Bruins $1.58 million in cap relief.

Word is now they have placed Kuhlman on LTIR, so I have to start all over :(

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Might as well keep Miller on LTIR the rest of the season, don't see him helping the team this year
He can help the team if they have injuries on D. Its not Filenes Basement. They aren’t giving him away. I’m not saying you , I’m just saying it in general. I have extra depth and figure it out on the fly instead of dealing it away and clearing space. Trust me I know Miller is fragile as a porcelain doll. But I feel championships are won with ...

Good Ownership ✔️
Great Management ✔️
Great coaching ✔️
Great players ✔️
Great D ✔️
Good O✔️
Good PP ✔️
Good PK ✔️

Great depth ✔️

Bruins have all that. Will they win it . Can’t answer that one. Could they win it.. no doubt.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
He can help the team if they have injuries on D. Its not Filenes Basement. They aren’t giving him away. I’m not saying you , I’m just saying it in general. I have extra depth and figure it out on the fly instead of dealing it away and clearing space. Trust me I know Miller is fragile as a porcelain doll. But I feel championships are won with ...

Good Ownership ✔️
Great Management ✔️
Great coaching ✔️
Great players ✔️
Great D ✔️
Good O✔️
Good PP ✔️
Good PK ✔️

Great depth ✔️

Bruins have all that. Will they win it . Can’t answer that one. Could they win it.. no doubt.

Add great goaltending to that list too!

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

Good Ownership ✔️
Great Management ✔️
Great coaching ✔️
Great players ✔️
Great D ✔️
Good O✔️
Good PP ✔️
Good PK ✔️

Great depth ✔️

Lol that too. Could I include that with the D. You caught me on that one .

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Good Ownership ✔️
Great Management ✔️
Great coaching ✔️
Great players ✔️
Great D ✔️
Good O✔️
Good PP ✔️
Good PK ✔️

Great depth ✔️

He can't help them if he can't stay on the ice and thus far he can't stay on the ice
You can't count on him

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
for sure, I can`t imagine what it`s like to be out as long as he has, often rehabbing away from the boys, can`t be remotely fun, especially for a guy who has essentially done nothing but be a part of a team for his entire life practicing, playing etc....good on Moore, good on the team for being there for the guy. Hope he gets a terrific reception tonight
There will at least be extra....uhhh, Moore cookies in the GDT. :)

Reactions: Alicat

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.

Good Ownership ✔️
Great Management ✔️
Great coaching ✔️
Great players ✔️
Great D ✔️
Good O✔️
Good PP ✔️
Good PK ✔️

Great depth ✔️

Add to that a healthy dose of luck . We got some last playoffs by not having to play Washington or Tampa Bay but other than that, especially in the final officiating and bounces really went against us .

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Add to that a healthy dose of luck . We got some last playoffs by not having to play Washington or Tampa Bay but other than that, especially in the final officiating and bounces really went against us .
Forget last year . It’s irrelevant. I don’t care about Tampa or Washington. It’s what the bruins gotta do. This is the “all in “ year. The path was there for Tampa and Washington too. But all you hear bruins this and that. When was the last time Tampa won the cup or been there. I agree your right those teams should concern the bruins but no easy path of winning the cup. It’s the toughest trophy in all of sports of winning. It is. No byes. No one games . Games every other night. Injuries will always happen in a series, suspensions. I’m not ranting . But last year was last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad