Bruins injury thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Kids get some experience... silver lining I guess. I would rather run into depth issues on the backend now than in the playoffs.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Eh, not good. Nothing new on McAvoy, Miller is still a few days away too. It's going to be a fun weekend for the Bruins . . .

Surprisingly think we can still take 2 of the 3 games, though it's going to be tough. Wouldn't rule out a decent loss streak here to be honest.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Surprisingly think we can still take 2 of the 3 games, though it's going to be tough. Wouldn't rule out a decent loss streak here to be honest.

Yotes are kind of hitting a stride. Dallas is not strong through and through and can be beaten. I'd be happy with 2 out of the 4, but maybe 4 of 4 points is possible if the boys take it up a notch.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Assessing the Bruins’ the defensive pairings after Zdeno Chara’s injury - The Boston Globe

DALLAS — He finished his shift, because of course he did
However serious Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara’s lower-body injury is — and it sure didn’t look like a day-to-day deal, given the way his left knee buckled — Big Z once again proved he’s tough.

After wrenching that knee when he checked ex-Bruin Carl Soderberg with 1:07 left in the first period of Wednesday’s 6-3 loss in Colorado, Chara doubled over. But briefly. He was on the ice to defend Nathan MacKinnon, Mikko Rantanen, and Gabriel Landeskog, so grimace all you want, but go, Z, go. Duty called.

The club — which canceled its practice Thursday — announced Chara was en route to Boston to be checked out by team doctors. Standard procedure for a wrenched knee is an MRI, which would reveal any damage to Chara’s ligaments.

Reactions: BMC

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
What happened to Carlo? We are down to 4 call-ups on the back end. Keeping an eye on the waiver wire... Hopefully someone is returning from injury on another team soon as we can pickup a journeyman type like Kampfer. Maybe time to kick the tires on some recently retired players. Wonder what Beauchemin or Seidenberg are up to.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
What happened to Carlo? We are down to 4 call-ups on the back end. Keeping an eye on the waiver wire... Hopefully someone is returning from injury on another team soon as we can pickup a journeyman type like Kampfer. Maybe time to kick the tires on some recently retired players. Wonder what Beauchemin or Seidenberg are up to.
That looks like desperation to me. We'd be stuck with their contracts when the wounded return. Miller could be back for the Detroit game. Vaakanainen is skating from reports I've read.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That looks like desperation to me. We'd be stuck with their contracts when the wounded return. Miller could be back for the Detroit game. Vaakanainen is skating from reports I've read.

McAvoy has been skating as well.

No need to be looking at recently retired players when you have three D that are likely within a week of returning.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Well, I don't know what to think - if the Bruins pull off a win with this defense I will be pleasantly surprised. WTH did the Bruins do to the Hockey Gods? I foresee Tuukka getting roasted unless he puts up a shutout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad