Bruins injury thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Kevan Miller has been skating but I don't believe his hand is ready yet.

I hate hearing more bad news about Carlo.

Should have kept Quaider

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Looks like Lauzon will be back in.:thumbu:

I want to see the other guys get healthy but I like what Ive seen from Lauzon and wouldn't mind seeing it a bit more.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Carlo will be ok, it comes with the territory. Kids learning how to get his nose dirty and gaining man strength while he does it, what doesn’t kill him will make him stronger

And it’ll be good for Lauzon/Zboril to get some more reps in

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
McAvoy has been placed on injured reserve with a concussion and there is no timetable for return.....is this what they determine a concussion anybody got anymore news about McAvoy

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Carlo will be ok, it comes with the territory. Kids learning how to get his nose dirty and gaining man strength while he does it, what doesn’t kill him will make him stronger

And it’ll be good for Lauzon/Zboril to get some more reps in
yes I like to see these call ups...also like to see more of forwards get callED up like
Zack Senyshyn and Fredric.get there chance like JFK.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins defenseman Brandon Carlo will not play Wednesday vs. Colorado - The Boston Globe

That depth on the back line could be tested yet again on the upcoming trip. Top four defenseman Brandon Carlo was held out of Sunday’s win over Vegas, didn’t practice Tuesday, and will not play against the Avs. He remained home for therapy on whatever ails him.

As for the rest of the nicked-up defensemen, the concussed duo of Charlie McAvoy and Urho Vaakanainen did not make the early-afternoon flight to Denver. However, Kevan Miller, recovering from a hand injury, did accompany the team west and could return to the lineup next Wednesday for the trip closer in Detroit.

Reactions: BiGBear8

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
McAvoy has been placed on injured reserve with a concussion and there is no timetable for return.....is this what they determine a concussion anybody got anymore news about McAvoy
Where'd you see him go on IR? The roster on the Bruins has him as active still and I haven't seen any official reports on him.

Such a weird situation with him right now

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Moore looks a lot like a smart GM move everyday. He’s been good and a God send considering the insane number of injuries on D. Between this season and playoffs two years ago I’ll never complain about a crowded roster on D again. Jeeez!!!!

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Moore looks a lot like a smart GM move everyday. He’s been good and a God send considering the insane number of injuries on D. Between this season and playoffs two years ago I’ll never complain about a crowded roster on D again. Jeeez!!!!
Good problem to have indeed . Going to be a shame to see a couple guys out of the lineup though when the 3 regulars Mac,Carlo and Miller return . Kampfer has had sketchy moments but all others deserve a spot .

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Good problem to have indeed . Going to be a shame to see a couple guys out of the lineup though when the 3 regulars Mac,Carlo and Miller return . Kampfer has had sketchy moments but all others deserve a spot .
When everyone is healthy Miller may not have a spot

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
First Charlie, then Carlo, and now Chara. Can't we at least balance our injuries between the forwards and the defensemen? (No, hockey gods....wait. That does -NOT- mean injure 3 forwards.)

As for Chara, he's currently recuperating with the use of Schrodinger's Brace....

Reactions: Tampbear

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Zdeno Chara suffers lower body (knee) injury in setback at Colorado - The Boston Globe

DENVER — No Zdeno Chara.

The defenseman’s leg buckled as he hit former teammate Carl Soderberg with 1:07 left in the first period. He finished his shift, appearing to favor his leg for 27 seconds until DeBrusk took a Colorado turnover in for a goal that made it 2-1.

The Bruins called it a lower-body injury. A team spokesman said they would issue an update Thursday on Chara if appropriate. A scheduled practice and media availability in Dallas was canceled.

Coach Bruce Cassidy was unsure whether Chara. who walked out of the Pepsi Center with a slight limp, would be assessed before the Bruins’ date with the Stars on Friday, or be sent back home to Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad