Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
From the Athletic today on Acciari:
After the Tampa Bay Lightning defeated the Bruins in the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, the Bruins revealed that Acciari had been playing with a sports hernia and would require surgery. The procedure was done on May 24.
Now, midway through the summer, his smile is back for numerous reasons.
“I’m feeling a lot better,” Acciari said. “I’m a new man from before the surgery and now I’m back to training and I feel good, really good. I can’t wait to get back out there.”
He’s hoping to be back on the ice in two weeks, which will still give him time to get ready for training camp in September. Because of the surgery, it’s been a completely different offseason for Acciari.
“I’ve had to be careful and make sure the incisions heal and everything heals before I start,” he explained. “I’ve got to do more functional stuff to make sure I’m in a good position body-wise. Not being on the ice is different for me, taking this much time off. But it probably will be good for me because of the way I play. The more time off, the better, and we’ll see during the season. This is all new to me, but it’ll be good come game No. 75.”

He also runs a weeklong camp for kids and just got married.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Bruins expect Patrice Bergeron to start camp on time - The Boston Globe

Cassidy said Monday that he expects his No. 1 center, who had groin surgery in early June, to be in uniform when training camp opens in Brighton in three weeks. It is Cassidy’s belief that Bergeron, who recently turned 33, also will be ready when the season opens Oct. 3 in Washington.

Cassidy also said that defensemen Torey Krug and Brandon Carlo, both of whom finished the year on broken left ankles, were skating and should be ready for camp. Same goes for forwards Jake DeBrusk (shoulder), Noel Acciari (groin), and David Backes (concussion).

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
More news in that article...sounds like while Bergeron will make camp on time, he may miss a few preseason games. Reading between the lines, it sounds like the team would be better served keeping him at home, and not sending him off to China. Might make sense to hold Bjork back in the US too: he hasn't played since January, and experimenting with a Bjork/Bergeron combo again (Bjork was on the right wing last year with him, right?) is worth exploring.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm looking forward to seeing Acciari back at 100%- I feel like the guy we got for the last third to half of the season wasn't the real player. If he is back with some better speed, more jam, he'd look good with Wagner and Kuraly, or Nordstrom whoever centers that line (Backes?)

Reactions: GloveSave1

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I'm looking forward to seeing Acciari back at 100%- I feel like the guy we got for the last third to half of the season wasn't the real player. If he is back with some better speed, more jam, he'd look good with Wagner and Kuraly, or Nordstrom whoever centers that line (Backes?)

I think he was struggling with it the entire season. I'm not sure we've ever seen him at 100% in a Bruins uniform. Management really seems to like him and maybe they know how banged up he was. He could be a real surprise this year.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I think he was struggling with it the entire season. I'm not sure we've ever seen him at 100% in a Bruins uniform. Management really seems to like him and maybe they know how banged up he was. He could be a real surprise this year.

i like acciari and agree, he seemed limited a lot of last year. but that's probably how it'll
be for him more often than not - the way he plays, he'll be banged up a lot. that said, i
see chris wagner as a faster/better version of noel so curious to see how he looks in a few weeks.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Hope Lauko is okay.

Every day Bergeron is not on the ice makes me a little nervous that it's more than just spasms, but I'm glad they're not pushing him, or rather that they're probably locking him in a room to keep him from pushing himself :laugh: :help:

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
It seems like every year Bergy is limping into the first game. What’s going on with his off-seasons? Back spasms sound terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->