Chara
Carlo
McAvoy
Miller
Krug
Moore
Gryzlyck
Vaakanainen

Have all missed time this year and some of them significant. Something is wrong.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's just me but ever since Whitesides left injuries have been an issue
Do you think it is the rehab that's the problem? I ask because I have a hard time understanding that whether being in better shape would prevent the injuries that Chara, McAvoy and Vaakaneinen, to name three, sustained.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Do you think it is the rehab that's the problem? I ask because I have a hard time understanding that whether being in better shape would prevent the injuries that Chara, McAvoy and Vaakaneinen, to name three, sustained.

Kevan Millar is a hand injury from a puck (I believe) which is another that has nothing to do with conditioning. Carlo sounds like concussion as well but I don't think anyone saw when that happened. Maybe they are taking concussions a bit more seriously as well?

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
This is freak coincidence. How isn’t it? Maybe it’s the water in Boston.

I mean you can’t blame them for the concussions, but strength and conditioning plays a huge part in staying healthy (not just illness) for these players. Training the wrong way can cause serious disadvantages.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I’m going to walk back my insanity here a little bit. As it comes with being a reactionary Bruins fan.

I do think that the way the players are training could have something to do with the recent increase in injury frequency(2-3 seasons).

I do not however know which injuries specifically would be related to this, and what specific things they could be doing wrong to make them injury prone.

Call it a conspiracy theory at this point.

Reactions: HustleB

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I wonder if a team's entire top 6 D have ever all been injured at once before?! Would just take an injury to Krug now...

tenor.gif

Reactions: Bruinaura

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Last game I noticed Moore go down and yell. It caught my attention. I watched him get up slowly and skate to the bench. I was watching the Lanche feed so no news at all, maybe their audio on ice is better.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
All I know is that Chara has the diet of a manatee and Charlie McAvoy has a full-time nutritionist. I think diet is taken very seriously by most NHLrs at this stage.

An interesting idea is - hire Adam Oates. He is a skills consultant now and teaches many things include how to avoid getting injured. It's probably not a conditioning issue - but it could be a "play smarter" issue.

Reactions: Chief Nine

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
I blame the spate off Bruin injuries the last two years to the change of sock colours from gold to black in 2017. :skeptic:

Last edited:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
All I know is that Chara has the diet of a manatee and Charlie McAvoy has a full-time nutritionist. I think diet is taken very seriously by most NHLrs at this stage.

An interesting idea is - hire Adam Oates. He is a skills consultant now and teaches many things include how to avoid getting injured. It's probably not a conditioning issue - but it could be a "play smarter" issue.

I think I read something this week that Adam Oates just took a job with an NHL team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad