Dreger: Bruins could be in market for centerman

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Finding Cs is hard. Hayes does seem like a good option. They could also go big and target a guy like Borgstrom.
I think it would be an ideal option. The fact that he is on an expiring contract will lessen his value as compared to other youngish C's that have some term left, Boston doesn't have to take a huge risk, Rangers continue to load up the farm... seems like a win-win.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I think it would be an ideal option. The fact that he is on an expiring contract will lessen his value as compared to other youngish C's that have some term left, Boston doesn't have to take a huge risk, Rangers continue to load up the farm... seems like a win-win.
Question is who are they bidding against?

I would imagine Carolina, Winnipeg, maybe even San Jose would be interested in a guy like that, not to mention teams like Montreal which might want to take a run at signing him.

The rental price might still be hefty.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Question is who are they bidding against?

I would imagine Carolina, Winnipeg, maybe even San Jose would be interested in a guy like that, not to mention teams like Montreal which might want to take a run at signing him.

The rental price might still be hefty.

Truthfully, I don't know that San Jose even has the assets left to make a half decent offer, let alone be in a bidding war. Any player of that caliber will likely be coveted by more than one team.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
3rd line C is a definite need unless they're looking to blow up Krejci's role on the team.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
You want Brock Nelson

jedi-gif-10.gif

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Kevin Hayes seems like a perfect fit. Hes from Boston, IIRC. Good for 45 points. Only 26. On an expiring contract so the Bruins can decide if they want to commit long term or not.

Yeah, Hayes would be as a rental I am sure. All depends on price. Bruins will be loathe to move another 1st, especially for a rental.

They were really hoping that Studnicka (or JFK or Frederic) would make the leap next year. They LOVE Studnicka, but he just wasn't strong enough yet to play C in an unsheltered way... and unsheltered means more D zone starts for Marchand and Pastrnak...

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don’t know how much sense it makes, Bergeron, Krejci and Backes isn’t the worst group of Cs around. They’re definitely a top 5-10 group league wide.

Reactions: I am not exposed

The Garden

Oct 6, 2018
Not sure terrible is the right word. Hasn't really been used properly. He has always been more effective playing with better players and he won't be doing that with the Rangers.

What would you offer?

It's tough to make an offer because he hasn't been good in NY, and I would rather have someone else unless he doesn't cost much.

How about a 3rd + a prospect + 1st in 2022 if he re-signs with the Bruins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad