Dreger: Bruins could be in market for centerman

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
DeBrincat has played 87 games in the NHL with 34 goals, 27 Assists
Patrnak has played 259 games in the NHL with 101 Goals 111 Assists
for the last 2 season Pastrnak has 30+ goals with 7 in 5 games already this season

DeBrincat scored nearly 30 as a rookie playing 12-13min a night with no PP time and a Lance Bouma and Tommy Wingels as linemates. Pasta played with Bergeron and Marchand...Cat will be a better player than Pasta...

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Haven't caught the Bruins since their home opener but I'd assume Donato has not looked good? (Before this is interpreted as a pot shot, it isn't- I was high on him as a top prospect entering the season)

Bruins might waive him he's so bad, Anymore guys on the Bruins you leafs fans can give us your expertise on? After all you guys are known for watching winning successful players for the last forever years.

Reactions: easton117

member 290103

Sam Gagner available in Vancouver. Would not even charge you that much.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
DeBrincat scored nearly 30 as a rookie playing 12-13min a night with no PP time and a Lance Bouma and Tommy Wingels as linemates. Pasta played with Bergeron and Marchand...Cat will be a better player than Pasta...

Its like Kane making Toews the player his is. So I get it

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Donato is in a fight to secure a winger spot between him, Heinen and Anders Bjork, who is looking better this year. They are still looking at lines 2-4. Training camp was screwed up with half the team in China. Donato may be better off spending some time in the AHL to round out his complete game.

Studnicka I think makes the team next year, JFK and Frederic will make a push. Backes should be moved to make room, his salary goes down next year to 4 million and goes from a NMC to a Modified NTC. Kuraly is skating better lately after getting over an injury and could slide back to 3rd and give them more speed.

If its a trade then they have enough prospects and draft picks to dangle.

Not only does Backes salary go down to 4 million, but 3 million of it is a signing bonus on 7/1... meaning the Bruins can trade him so a team looking to pay 5 million total over 2 years. Which should be very easy to do.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Haven't caught the Bruins since their home opener but I'd assume Donato has not looked good? (Before this is interpreted as a pot shot, it isn't- I was high on him as a top prospect entering the season)

Yeah from the offensive blue line in he looks like how you would want. Probably needs more battle factor, but that is fixable.

In center ice and in the d-zone he is going to be a work in progress. Not shocking for a guy coming from a bad NCAA team where he was a one man show, but the overall package has been not good enough to separate from Bjork and Heinen. He isn't Phil Kessel being able to score 40 and not having to play D. Especially on a team thats hope against Tor and TB is going to have to be based around two way play. Having Donato, Bjork and Heinen all fighting for two spots is a good thing, but right now its Bjork more than the other two that has moved ahead.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
he played pp that year and had 12 ppp also played most year on the top 2 lines . Nice try

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
I liked Frederic a lot a couple of years ago, but he seems to have stalled a bit. Great size, has some skill, and is a better skater than a lot of people seem to think. Still WAY to early to predict what he will end up being. Could be a 4 th line C, or a 2nd line C. Not sure of his mental makeup and hockey IQ....not a dig, just don't know.
a couple years ago.. so as a senior high school player??.. if anything you have it backwards.. his last two years have seen him trend way up .. not stalled.. im hoping he turns into a heavy but skilled 2nd line center

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I saw on the Bruins site some people mention Zibanejed. Isn’t he kind of exactly what they should be looking for?

Good contract. Good number 2 guy. Team he plays for is in a full on rebuild which they’ve even admitted to.....

No brainer? No interest from the Rangers in moving him? Interesting guy anyways and one I hadn’t even thought of

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I saw on the Bruins site some people mention Zibanejed. Isn’t he kind of exactly what they should be looking for?

Good contract. Good number 2 guy. Team he plays for is in a full on rebuild which they’ve even admitted to.....

No brainer? No interest from the Rangers in moving him? Interesting guy anyways and one I hadn’t even thought of

I think the Bruins expect JFK or Frederic to be ready by next year at the latest so a stop-gap for one year like Filppula might be what they're looking for.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
a couple years ago.. so as a senior high school player??.. if anything you have it backwards.. his last two years have seen him trend way up .. not stalled.. im hoping he turns into a heavy but skilled 2nd line center
Two years ago he was a Badger, and had 33 points for WI. Last year 32. Not massively disappointing, but you'd like to see a college player get better in his second year. So far this year he has been quiet in the AHL.

Not seeing an upward trend, either on the stats sheet, or when I watched him last year.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I think the Bruins expect JFK or Frederic to be ready by next year at the latest so a stop-gap for one year like Filppula might be what they're looking for.
Ya I’m sure they hope that.

Hard to imagine any of the 3 they have on the minors making the jump right to the number 2 spot though which really is what they need.

As much as I appreciate what Krejci has done in the past, he’s been showing an inabilty to put up numbers consistently in that role any longer. As a 3 though I think he’d be a stellar option. If they can keep him interested anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00