Dreger: Bruins could be in market for centerman

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
image_9fb9c17a91192cce160cefa6a0a35d5e.jpg

548c2e641ba474d22031857d0e234b33_400x400.jpeg

You can never win a Stanley with Bergeron and Krejci as your 1-2 Centres.
Although similarly aged... I'd argue Bergeron is better than he was then...

But Krejci... is not.

Reactions: wintersej

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Migi, you're one of my fav posters on the Hawks board - but no..

Bergeron>Toews (more selkes, and high point production the past 5 years)

Pastrnak>Debrincat (just a no brainer, Pastrnak is a more complete offensive player, Debrincat is younger however)

Marchand and Kane is a tie, Marchand is miles better defensively, but Kane is a better line-driver.

It literally blows my mind that 95% here dont understand jokes.

:popcorn:

Someone is still living in 2010, welcome to 2018 buddy.

Didn't one of those duos make the playoffs last year and the other didn't?

Must've been the better one in the Hawks, right?

Didn't Marchand outscore Kane last year in 14 less games?

Didn't Pastrnak outscore Debrincat by almost 30 points?

Didn't Bergeron outscore Toews in less games?

Damn which country legalized crack yesterday?

For you the same as for above.

Was in central Illinois last week so I saw enough corn for the rest of my life. Would move to Chicago in a heartbeat though.
Bergeron=Toews
Marchand<Kane
Pastrnak>>DeBrincat

I’m from Finland bro. I would definitely move to Chicago aswell.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He played 14:48 and according to this website (Alex Debrincat - Frozen Tools) his most common linemates were:

11.9DEBRINCAT,ALEX - HARTMAN,RYAN - SHARP,PATRICK
10.1DEBRINCAT,ALEX - DUCLAIR,ANTHONY - TOEWS,JONATHAN
8.2DEBRINCAT,ALEX - SAAD,BRANDON - TOEWS,JONATHAN
6.2ANISIMOV,ARTEM - DEBRINCAT,ALEX - SHARP,PATRICK
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Who lotta bottom 6 production he played with...and still potted nearly 30 goals with bottom 6 toi

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Alex DeBrincat is easily better than Pastrnak. And don’t get me going about Kane vs. Marchand. Toews vs. Bergeron is tie, last 5 years or so.

Hawks have easily better duo.

This post is some futuristic stuff cause all of this will happen this season

Reactions: migi

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Although similarly aged... I'd argue Bergeron is better than he was then...

But Krejci... is not.

It's just funny.
You can't say "you can't win a cup with that centre depth." when similar depth won a cup, was a cup contender last year, and is likely going to be a great team again this season.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
It literally blows my mind that 95% here dont understand jokes.

:popcorn:

For you the same as for above.

I’m from Finland bro. I would definitely move to Chicago aswell.
My bad, it's generally tough to tell who being serious or not, should've been more hyperbolic I guess. :laugh:

Reactions: migi and Rolo

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
It's just funny.
You can't say "you can't win a cup with that centre depth." when similar depth won a cup, was a cup contender last year, and is likely going to be a great team again this season.
You can if you state it ina thread about the actual team being unhappy with the centre depth and looking to trade.
The cup win was 2011.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Bryan Little (two way 2C 45-55 pts) Boston

Trouba to Leafs (contract agreed to first)

Nylander to Jets (contract agreed to first)

So Boston gives up nothing and get's Little for free? Wicked deal.

In no reality is Little in the conversation with the other two.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Alex DeBrincat is easily better than Pastrnak. And don’t get me going about Kane vs. Marchand. Toews vs. Bergeron is tie, last 5 years or so.

Hawks have easily better duo.
Are you high?

Pastrnak is a level above Debrincat. It's not even a close comparison at this point. Pastrnak is quickly becoming one of the elite point producers in the NHL. DeBrincat is closer to a William Nylander or Evgeny Dadonov. A very good, first line player. Not quite at Pastrnak's level though.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Oh God - this is so rich coming from a Leaf fan. Your parents probably put you to bed as a kid telling you about how Bobby Baun scored an OT winner after one of his legs fell off. Talk about living in the past. :laugh:
LOL we are talking about players who age after 8 years. We are not talking about a team from 1967.
You must think this article from Dreger is a lie then because if it's true then your management agrees with me.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
Chara himself played for 3 NHL teams...
Yes the last team being the Bruins, Boston has a long history of going back to Eddie shore to Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, Chara of building a team with a big Defensemen as the cornerstone of team. Now that we have our future #1 Denfenseman we are NOT going to let him go!!! You can forget any dreams of McAvoy playing for the Leafs it's Not going to happen.
"D the caliber of McAvoy don't come often, when you have one, you keep it." Powerstick

Last edited:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
So Boston gives up nothing and get's Little for free? Wicked deal.

In no reality is Little in the conversation with the other two.

There was multi follow up posts to this, guessing you didn’t read or see them. Specifically didn’t list return bc it’s open and flexible.

Little has nothing to do with the Trouba/Nylander conversation....not sure why you even mention it.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
You must think this article from Dreger is a lie then because if it's true then your management agrees with me.

I used to like Dreger and trusted his stuff but over the last few years he's drifting closer to the Eklund side of things. Pretty much the only guy I have complete faith in these days is Bob McKenzie.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
I used to like Dreger and trusted his stuff but over the last few years he's drifting closer to the Eklund side of things. Pretty much the only guy I have complete faith in these days is Bob McKenzie.
I've always thought he was hired to take insider info when McKenzie is on the phone or vacation or something. Plus Dreger has those "I've got nothing upstairs" eyes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->