GDT: Bruins at Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
The thing I hate most about Boston is how much they intentionally interfere. They are coached to interfere just enough to not get a penalty. They do it the entire game so the refs start to accept their cheating game. It's sickening. Watch closely in the offensive zone. They use their teammates like NFL fullbacks opening up holes for a RB.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Definitely isn't a more pretentious or stuck up group of fans on this site then Bruins fans. Just win.

giphy.gif

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Nothing would brighten my week more than if the Leafs put a stomping to the Bruins tonight. Absolutely obnoxious fanbase over there. I've never really enjoyed the failings of other organizations, but the better the Leafs have become - the worst the Bruins fans around here seem to be.

They always get up to play against the Leafs, will be interesting to see how they hold up without Bergeron in the lineup - because that top-line has torched us every game.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Leafs choked that series against the Bruins last year, no doubt about it.

With Tavares in the picture, and the kids a year older, I think we'd take a huge dump on the Bruins if play them in the playoffs this year.

The Bruins, particularly the Bergeron line did a fine job at shutting down the Matthews line in the playoffs, Tavares though is an entirely other element, I don't believe the Bruins have the depth to shut down a Matthews AND Tavares AND Kadri in a 7 game series, lets also not forget Kadri missed 3 games of that series.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
its embarrassing last playoffs fenway kept on posting threads on leafs forum including posting the picture of rancourt absolutely trolling Leafs fans and leafs mods didnt do anything
Isn't Fenway a mod too? If so, he should have been slapped silly for that.

I've noticed Bruins fans and randomly Kings fans are the most ruthless on these boards.

Reactions: PromisedLand

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think the Leafs have permanent PTSD when it comes to playing Boston.
They're the Pittsburgh to our Washington.

Look at Washington when they finally beat Pittsburgh last year. They dominated Tampa (don't be fooled by that series going to game 7, Washington was the far better team) and put a vicious beating on Vegas. When those demons get exorcised, Leafs will be unstoppable. It's why I'm half-ass wishing we get Boston in the 1st round, we beat them and we become the awakened giant.

It was similar to Vancouver in 2011 as well (granted they didn't win the cup). It looked like pending disaster when they blew their 3-0 lead to Chicago, but they got it done. After that, they looked insanely scary. Too bad they ran into Tim Thomas on crack in the finals.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This guy pisses me off when we play him(because he's very good) ...

And you can't argue with this.

I want to hate him but it's hard too lol... in saying that... I hate Boston.

That’s a difference between someone coming from a humble background and someone coming from a privileged background (Nylander)

;)

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Went to their GDT. Damn... one of the many things I saw was "they should shut their yaps until they win something." That isn't unique to Bruins fans, the whole league does it.

Kind of baffles me. Yes, we should stay quiet and be sad and depressed about our futile team. We cannot show excitement or passion until we've earned it! Its not allowed!

Well f*** that. To me that sounds like "I envy how passionate their fanbase is, cause if that were us, I wouldn't be a fan, our building would be empty and our city wouldn't care."

We go 0-82 I'm still cheering and showing passion if something good happens, even if it is small or doesn't prove to lead to anything substantial. Thats what a true fan does.

"Can't say anything and stay quiet til you win something." f*** off.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Went to their GDT. Damn... one of the many things I saw was "they should shut their yaps until they win something." That isn't unique to Bruins fans, the whole league does it.

Kind of baffles me. Yes, we should stay quiet and be sad and depressed about our futile team. We cannot show excitement or passion until we've earned it! Its not allowed!

Well **** that. To me that sounds like "I envy how passionate their fanbase is, cause if that were us, I wouldn't be a fan, our building would be empty and our city wouldn't care."

We go 0-82 I'm still cheering and showing passion if something good happens, even if it is small or doesn't prove to lead to anything substantial. Thats what a true fan does.

"Can't say anything and stay quiet til you win something." **** off.
Not to mention how they (there are Leafs fans in this thread guilty of it too) are so oblivious to doing the exact same thing they accuse Leafs fans of:

"LMAO Just went to the Leafs GDT and all they do is trash talk us. They're so immature and dumb!!! xD"

Is it possible to die of irony poisoning?

Reactions: DarylO

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Meh, problem with PP1 is that Kadri is on there imo. But we'll see. At least the coaches recognized a change is needed.

I expect Boston to play tight tonight. We're going to have to battle for this one. If we play soft in the 1st period again at home I am going to lose it...

Rielly is pretty much our equivalent to tea leaves. Just read him. If he is on, we're good to go. If not... well damn.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Not to mention how they (there are Leafs fans in this thread guilty of it too) are so oblivious to doing the exact same thing they accuse Leafs fans of:

"LMAO Just went to the Leafs GDT and all they do is trash talk us. They're so immature and dumb!!! xD"

Is it possible to die of irony poisoning?
The irony of them complaining about us mod bashing when said mod spent the time on like a 500 word post solely to bash the Leafs. While said mod will also cross over onto our board from time to time and ball lick. If you don't want to get shit thrown at you then sit down and be quite. Mod or not, I don't give a damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad