GDT: Bruins at Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Didnt know where to put this but the Leafs are 3rd in goals against.

1. Boston 55 GA in 23 games
2. Nashville 58 GA in 24 games
3. Toronto 62 GA in 24 games

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
This guy pisses me off when we play him(because he's very good) ...

And you can't argue with this. <<<<< Edit... when I say this.... I mean about his quote.

I want to hate him but it's hard too lol... in saying that... I hate Boston.

Last edited:

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
We're still bottom 10, almost bottom 5 in HDCA.

Boston is #1. They don't give up much.

Let's bury them with 8 goals tonight.
Without a lot of key players makes it even more impressive.

Shows how much is about the way you set up your team to attack/defend and general team defense rather than having stud defenders (McAvoy still out)

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
We're still bottom 10, almost bottom 5 in HDCA.

Boston is #1. They don't give up much.

Let's bury them with 8 goals tonight.
9th worst in HDCA, but still 52% in HDCF%.

Clearly we aren't a shut-down team, but consistently out-chancing our opponents will lead to more wins than losses considering our talent up front.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Good thing you didn't specify what you wagered exactly ;). Quick check shows that chara was a minus in 2/4 games last year meaning we scored against him at least once in those two games.

Might have been short handed! That's not 5 on 5!!

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Yes, but if we were in the bottom 3 we would need new systems and assistant coaches and Egocock must go. Works both ways. I'd add, there is no question our goalies have faced less pressure this year, our structure is better. Freddie has been fantastic, but he isn't working as hard as last year.

Reactions: stickty111

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Yes, but if we were in the bottom 3 we would need new systems and assistant coaches and Egocock must go. Works both ways. I'd add, there is no question our goalies have faced less pressure this year, our structure is better. Freddie has been fantastic, but he isn't working as hard as last year.
Agreed. The structure has been better than last year.

Reactions: stickty111

member 262271

This is the type of team that our Leafs need to beat on a regular basis, to really be in the conversation for Cup Contenders. Bruins seem to be able to exploit our weaknesses.
Moreso in the playoffs, they beat them plenty in the regular season in the last two years.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Oh dear God it's Marincin...

He would actually be really good for Gardiner. He's actually a natural defensive-defenseman so he should know how to deal with all of his mistakes, like he did when he was amazing with Rielly a few years ago. Zaitsev is not a natural defensive-defenseman, he's just forced to become one with Gardiner, and does a pretty good job at it considering.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Very interesting.....unless it's bogus. Which most stuff is these days.

Lack of playing time aside, seemed far fetched to me just because he's signed to a two year, one way contract. Don't see how Dubas does that just to turn around and cut bait this soon.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
God please win.

I do not recommend going over to the Bruins GDT. Its hilarious how much of a hate on they have for the leafs, they weren't even discussing the game. Fenway seems like a crotchety old man

its embarrassing last playoffs fenway kept on posting threads on leafs forum including posting the picture of rancourt absolutely trolling Leafs fans and leafs mods didnt do anything

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
God please win.

I do not recommend going over to the Bruins GDT. Its hilarious how much of a hate on they have for the leafs, they weren't even discussing the game. Fenway seems like a crotchety old man

I don't go over to that cesspool even to just lurk.

Beat these f***ers, please.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
He would actually be really good for Gardiner. He's actually a natural defensive-defenseman so he should know how to deal with all of his mistakes, like he did when he was amazing with Rielly a few years ago. Zaitsev is not a natural defensive-defenseman, he's just forced to become one with Gardiner, and does a pretty good job at it considering.

Marincin makes enough of his own mistakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad