GDT: Bruins at Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Well what else is he gonna say? Its not like hes gonna say hes unhappy
I felt like he was surprised by the question. You could see he was stuttering, trying to gather up the 'right' words to answer it PC. He answered it honestly and I liked the Czech league example. It made it personable. Bruins have a great one in him.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Pairings aren't rankings. Pretty sure noone in the organization thinks Marincin is better than Dermott.
not sure what you mean. The pairing with Gardiner is the 2nd pair, and will play more than the 3rd pair. It doesn't mean Marincin is better than Dermott, but it's weird that they aren't switched

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Bergeron and Chara both out is big, two Leafs killers right there. Boston D in rough shape due to injuries. Although, Leafs obviously have some bigtime guys out too - Matthews, Nylander, and maybe Zaitsev.

Should be a tough, competitive game. If we can shutdown Pasta/Rat, we likely win, but that’s easier said than done, Pasta may be the biggest Leaf killer in the league right now.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
not sure what you mean. The pairing with Gardiner is the 2nd pair, and will play more than the 3rd pair. It doesn't mean Marincin is better than Dermott, but it's weird that they aren't switched
Why disrupt the chemistry of 2 pairings instead of one? That's why. We don't even know if Zaitsev is out for sure anyways.

Reactions: Lauro

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Why disrupt the chemistry of 2 pairings instead of one? That's why. We don't even know if Zaitsev is out for sure anyways.
hasn't Marincin-Ozhiganov been the 3rd pairing before anyway? The reason to play Dermott in the top 4 is he's probably a top 4 caliber defenseman, and Marincin isn't NHL caliber. No need to overthink things. I guess we'll have to see if Zaitsev plays or not

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

I just mean that just because Dermott is better than Marincin, it doesn't necessarily mean it makes sense for him to play with Gardiner on the second pair.

If you asked Babcock, he'd probably say something about the third pairing needing to be able to move the puck better than Marincin with Oz could, so that's why Dermott is there, or something along those lines.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Maybe it's just me, and I'm not usually a guy who promotes violence, but I'd love to see someone absolutely tune Marchand.

Reactions: La Masse

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'm loving there GDT, lol. They shook.
the weirdest part is they have pages and pages dedicated to shit talking the Leafs and Leafs fans, and they still have posters talking about how Leafs fans are childish and Boston lives "rent free" in our heads over Leafs fans talking shit as well. Do they not read their own threads?

Reactions: Kelly

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
the weirdest part is they have pages and pages dedicated to **** talking the Leafs and Leafs fans, and they still have posters talking about how Leafs fans are childish and Boston lives "rent free" in our heads over Leafs fans talking **** as well. Do they not read their own threads?

a simple glance at their GDT proves there isn't much self-awareness there

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
the weirdest part is they have pages and pages dedicated to **** talking the Leafs and Leafs fans, and they still have posters talking about how Leafs fans are childish and Boston lives "rent free" in our heads over Leafs fans talking **** as well. Do they not read their own threads?
Boston sports are just cancerous in general. WOAT fanbases, by far. In general the people of Boston are not exactly upstanding individuals either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad