GDT: Bruins at Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Leafs choked that series against the Bruins last year, no doubt about it.

With Tavares in the picture, and the kids a year older, I think we'd take a huge dump on the Bruins if play them in the playoffs this year.

Reactions: Al14 and glue

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
**** the Bruins. That defense is atrocious. I hope we kick their ****ing teeth in 7-0 and someone delivers a big hit to Marchand dirty or not I dont really care

I’d be happy if the Leafs lost 7-0, BUT laid a big hit on ANYBODY - although Marchand would be gravy

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Leafs choked that series against the Bruins last year, no doubt about it.

With Tavares in the picture, and the kids a year older, I think we'd take a huge dump on the Bruins if play them in the playoffs this year.
Most of the talk is about that 3rd period but with Tavares in the fold we dont come out and just lay an absolute egg in the 1st 2 games imo. Like we spotted them a 2 game handicap and still should have won that series.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Most of the talk is about that 3rd period but with Tavares in the fold we dont come out and just lay an absolute egg in the 1st 2 games imo. Like we spotted them a 2 game handicap and still should have won that series.

Even the Kadri suspension wouldn't have hurt as much with JT.

Then game 4 no Bergeron in the line up and we choked that game so hard, that ain't happening either with JT.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Marincin makes enough of his own mistakes...

He has not been that bad this year. Considering the alternatives are Holl or Ozhiganov, pick your poison. I would be willing to try out Ozhiganov with more minutes, and he likely will be getting a lot more minutes anyways (just with his normal partner rather than Gardiner), but Marincin makes a lot more sense than Holl.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
He has not been that bad this year. Considering the alternatives are Holl or Ozhiganov, pick your poison. I would be willing to try out Ozhiganov with more minutes, and he likely will be getting a lot more minutes anyways (just with his normal partner rather than Gardiner), but Marincin makes a lot more sense than Holl.

He's only played six games, and is extremely prone to bone headed lapses. I'd absolutely prefer giving OZ a chance if Zaitsev is out. Maricin with Gardiner sounds absolutely terrifying.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Well the PP has been pretty bad lately (no Matthews obviously hurts a lot), so glad they changed it up, Kappy over Marleau makes ton of sense, he's just flat out better right now and Marleau was actually scoring goals on that 2nd PP unit. Lets see, hopefully we actually get a PP lol

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Well the PP has been pretty bad lately (no Matthews obviously hurts a lot), so glad they changed it up, Kappy over Marleau makes ton of sense, he's just flat out better right now and Marleau was actually scoring goals on that 2nd PP unit. Lets see, hopefully we actually get a PP lol

It's in Boston so likely not.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Interesting take from Ray on Andreas Johnnson and how he might be the guy Babcock puts up with Matthews and Nylander once they return..i hope so..that would be a deadly line:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/what-d...and-nylander-return-mean-for-johnsson~1545414

Johnnson-Matty-Willy
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Kappy
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown
x GOAT and Ennis

And I like that Babs will sometimes put Kadri-Tavares-Marner to give Kadri a few more mins.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
The part that is funny is them posting news paper headlines and anecdotal experiences with fans and assuming that as a group we all think the same or even agree on it.

Most of us hate our media yet Bruins fans want to claim they represent us? They are just lucky they have the injury excuse locked up for when they get their asses kicked tonight and finish below Toronto in the standings.

Thank god they are incompetent in Boston and wasted 3 first round picks in a row because I wouldn't want to face Barzal / Connor / Chabot four times a season and in the playoffs on top of their roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->