GDT: Bruins at Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
just go search HF Boards on urban dictionary. lol

Anybody pondered creating their own site though, until it gets to that point where a few of you get together to actually create a better option, people will have to just deal.

Though if some of you then hit me up, lol.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I have no clue what Holl must have done to make Babcock's dislike of him stronger than his love for having his defense have balanced handedness on each pair

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I have no clue what Holl must have done to make Babcock's dislike of him stronger than his love for having his defense have balanced handedness on each pair

Yeah gotta admit, you would think with a RHD potentially unavailable he’d put in Holl over Marancin, oh well, as long as they win

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Interesting take from Ray on Andreas Johnnson and how he might be the guy Babcock puts up with Matthews and Nylander once they return..i hope so..that would be a deadly line:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/what-d...and-nylander-return-mean-for-johnsson~1545414

Johnnson-Matty-Willy
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Kappy
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown
x GOAT and Ennis

And I like that Babs will sometimes put Kadri-Tavares-Marner to give Kadri a few more mins.
Id rather try out Kapanen on LW with Matthews before throwing Johnsson on the first line

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
That’s a difference between someone coming from a humble background and someone coming from a privileged background (Nylander)

;)

Yup... that's most likely true. In a way you can't fault Nylander if that's what his family (particularly his pops) is like.

Regardless of what has happened behind the scenes, I still want him signed.

I just don't think you would ever get a player as good as him in a trade.

This is the game day thread though so I don't want to ruin it with Nylander talk lol.

So... Go Leafs Go.... let's stomp Boston.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Interesting take from Ray on Andreas Johnnson and how he might be the guy Babcock puts up with Matthews and Nylander once they return..i hope so..that would be a deadly line:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/what-d...and-nylander-return-mean-for-johnsson~1545414

Johnnson-Matty-Willy
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Kappy
Leivo-Lindholm-Brown
x GOAT and Ennis

And I like that Babs will sometimes put Kadri-Tavares-Marner to give Kadri a few more mins.
Those lines are sex, exactly how I’d draw them up

Reactions: glue

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

Assuming Zaitsev doesn't play, Holl would just be replacing him anyway. There'd still be an imbalance between left and right shots. Unless injuries dictate it, don't think we'd play a right side of Zaitsev/Ozhiganov/Holl in the same game at this point for a few reasons (one or two of them would be too high in the lineup, don't see any of the left shots being a healthy scratch).

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
What kind of pisses me off is that without this injury, Matthews would probably be leading the league or at least top 3 in scoring right now.
I remember when Mario Lemieux used to be injured all the time and made up a lot of ground in the scoring race when he finally returned. He could miss 30 games and then be the best player on the ice the first game back. Wouldn't it be great if Matthews could do something similar? If he's going to have a hall of fame career this is what great players do.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Finally facing a team that has more key pieces missing than we do. We're missing our top line, they're missing their top pair and #1C.

Kind of a big game.

Good News: Kappy has replaced Marleau on the top PP, with Tavares moving back to the front of the net. (You're welcome)
Bad News: Leafs don't get any power plays anymore so it doesn't matter.

46755173_10161119743725029_5343072490274947072_n.jpg

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
What kind of pisses me off is that without this injury, Matthews would probably be leading the league or at least top 3 in scoring right now.

Yep it’s just another season where he won’t be able to reach his full scoring potential. But if the finishes the rest of he season strong and powers us in the playoffs all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad