GDT: Bruins at Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Bruins 13-6-4. At Leafs 16-8-0

Bruins have more points from their losses than the Leafs.
Leafs have more wins.
Leafs have two generational spots open on the roster.
Bruins have none.

What are the chances we see another 0 penalty game?

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Been looking forward to this one, was hoping Matthews would be back though.

Shame Chara is out though, love watching him struggle to contain the Leafs speed.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This is the type of team that our Leafs need to beat on a regular basis, to really be in the conversation for Cup Contenders. Bruins seem to be able to exploit our weaknesses.

Reactions: OddyOh

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
This is the type of team that our Leafs need to beat on a regular basis, to really be in the conversation for Cup Contenders. Bruins seem to be able to exploit our weaknesses.

We swept the season series against them last year but they always have our number in the playoffs.....

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Given Charas track record of reliably shutting down Matthews and Kessel over the years, I’d put my wager on no :P
Good thing you didn't specify what you wagered exactly ;). Quick check shows that chara was a minus in 2/4 games last year meaning we scored against him at least once in those two games.

Reactions: mavis

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
But make no mistake, while many teams and players, especially older ones, struggle to contain the Leafs speed, Chara IMO has not been one of them. A Leafs killer in my books still.
I think that's because of his previous dominance against the leafs. Last year or so he hasn't been that great. Also becuase of his stupid long reach he doesn't need to be that fast. JMO.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Are you kidding me? Have the Leafs ever scored on Chara 5v5?
Well he had a grand total of 1 assist against us last season and his plus minus is 0. He had 3 assists against us the year before yet his plus minus was -2 for the season. So the answer is yes!

Reactions: mavis

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I think that's because of his previous dominance against the leafs. Last year or so he hasn't been that great. Also becuase of his stupid long reach he doesn't need to be that fast. JMO.

Yea he’s got a good stick, and good positioning. His brain and experience puts him one step ahead of the opposition, not his quickness. Fully ready to admit that my perception comes from a couple years ago and more mostly, but I haven’t really seen the Leafs roast him enough yet to shed it.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Bruins 13-6-4. At Leafs 16-8-0

Bruins have more points from their losses than the Leafs.
Leafs have more wins.
Leafs have two generational spots open on the roster.
Bruins have none.

What are the chances we see another 0 penalty game?

I think the Bruins are also missing 4 of their 6 starting d-men.

I really don't like Boston, ever since the Kessel trade but when an opposing player says this about your team:

I love beating Toronto.” - David Pastrnak - November 10, 2018

Kinda makes you hate their dirty arrogant cheating good for nothing players even more. That dirt ball Marchand, that WLB Krug ... really an easy team to hate.

This is a statement game for the Leafs, Boston missing 4 of their 6 top d-men. Missing Bergeron, time to feast on Bear steak.

I wonder how many missed calls the Refs are going to have?

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
We need to step up the game, we have been playing ridiculously lately. Then again Boston is just garbage if they can’t even win against a half dead pony then they don’t deserve to win a playoff round this year either.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

GAME DAY: Bruins at Maple Leafs
Lance HornbyMore from Lance Hornby
GAME DAY: Bruins at Maple Leafs

Monday, 7 P.M.
Scotiabank Arena
TV: TSN RADIO: Sportsnet 590

THE BIG MATCH-UP
G Frederik Andersen vs. G T. Rask/J. Halak
It’s a matter of pride for Andersen, who lost twice on the road last week and gets his first shot against the Bruins since last year’s playoffs. His regular-season record against them is 10-1 with a .935 save percentage. Rask has come through some off-ice issues with a big 32-save win Saturday in Montreal, but Halak beat the Leafs earlier this month.
KEYS TO THE GAME
1. NO MORE MR. NICE GUYS
Chances the Leafs post a third straight penalty-free game at home against this particular foe aren’t great. If Toronto does get the gate a few times, beware Boston’s third-ranked power play, which added another goal against the Habs on Saturday and is near 30%. Toronto’s group remains potent, but isn’t getting much work and must overcome an 0-for-10 drought.
2. CONTROL YOUNG CUBS
While they won’t see old antagonists such as Zdeno Chara and Patrice Bergeron, some new Bruins are getting added ice time because of injuries.
“The team’s growing in front of our eyes,” said coach Bruce Cassidy. “Young guys that need to learn how to win. I don’t want to call it playoff hockey in November, but we are in close games every night.”
3. THE TWO JOHNNYS
John Tavares had Toronto’s only strike in a 5-1 loss at TD Garden on Nov. 10, launching him on seven goals in the next nine games, including one on Saturday against the Flyers. Leafs scoring in that game was dominated by Andreas Johnsson’s first career hat trick.
4. CLOSE ENCOUNTERS
Boston has now been in five straight one-goal affairs, earning points in all (3-0-2). But this time, they’re the visitors and the Leafs aren’t coming off a back-to-back. Toronto could have been ahead in that first meeting last month, shut out on 20 first-period shots. Leafs are 10-0-0 scoring first this season.
5. SHOTS NOT FAVOURABLE
The Leafs are averaging 32.7 shots against per game, which is one of the highest in the league for a team that’s currently in a playoff position.
LEAFS GAME DAY LINES
LW C RW

Zach Hyman John Tavares Mitch Marner
Patrick Marleau Nazem Kadri Kasperi Kapanen
Andreas Johnsson Par Lindholm Connor Brown
Tyler Ennis Frederick Gauthier Josh Leivo
DEFENCE PAIRINGS
Morgan Rielly Ron Hainsey
Jake Gardiner Nikita Zaitsev
Travis Dermott Igor Ozhiganov
GOALIES
Frederik Andersen