Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Rick Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (rights) 2018 first, 2019 7th and Beleskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
In the salary cap NHL......This is a great deal for the Bruins.....And they are not done i think. This deal creates money for another deal.....

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Couple of things. First off, have always liked Nash's game, but he's definitely on the back nine at this point. Secondly, not happy about Spooner being moved, but the organization clearly didn't value him or see him as part of the core, so I get why. The best thing this does is give DK a big body that presumably fits better with his style than what's he's been playing with all season long. The worst thing about this trade is that they're getting the wrong types of players, IMO. The league is moving away from players with DK's slow down skill set, not adding them.

Either way, I'm more than happy to give them a chance to see how it looks.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
I was pretty ok with this.
A first to get rid of Beleskey
Spooner, Lindgren, 7th for Nash.

I'm less ok with this now that I see they retained half of Beleskey's contract. Quite a price to pay and I hope their pro scouts didn't let them down again.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm a Ranger fan. I come in peace. Nash was surrounded by struggling players on a struggling team and I think a change of scenery will do him good. Having better players on his line will help him a lot. I wish him luck in Boston.
From your lips to the hockey god’s ears.

My anger is that they overpaid for a rental.

If he does a decent job and re-signs at a reasonable price I’ll be happy to eat crow

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Don't like this. Nash isn't even close to the player he used to be, there were better options out there that probably would have been cheaper (Hoffman, Kane)

If Nash was this much, you think Hoffman or Kane, who are younger, make less, and in Hoffman’s case have term...are going to be cheaper?

Disagree.

Maybe we will find out.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Nash should be motivated for his next contract. I need more time to really mull this over, but I think this is a good deal, and could end up being a great one.

Mortimer finally sold on Spooner. wow.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Too much looking at Nash’s stat lines instead of thinking about on ice fit. Bruins also still have the Miller and McQuaid salary redundancy to clear more cap room. Say if the Rangers were willing to retain on McD. More Rangers trades please, lol.

Reactions: Trizz617

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Can we acquire another Nash?

All your Nash are belong to us!

Retain on bels for ever or just this season?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Can someone please explain the salary retention part of the deal . Cap friendly has the Bruins paying 1.9M for this year and the next two but also has the Rangers paying .875M this year and 3.8 for the next two. That can't be right.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Nash has been one of the best players in the league the last 30 games.....He is flying.......Speed, very good defensively and a dangerous scorer.....This is a great deal for us.
He’s been good. All while being THE focus of opposing teams top defensive unit. Now he comes in here and plays 2nd line behind Bergeron Marchand Pastrnak. And maybe having a playmaker like Krejci as his center helps? Contract year.. went from a crap Rangers team to a top-4 NHL team.

Lots to like here. Cap space opened up for next season. And I should be sour we moved Lindgren and Spooner? Color me unfazed

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I’m starting to really look at this deal and not hate it. How many of us we’re ready to give up Spooner to Vegas to take Beleskey money? It probably would of cost Lindgren and a first to take all of Beleskey. Nash fits that line better than Spooner with Krejci and Debrusk. Maybe the hate was knee jerk. I see both sides. This fence I’m sitting on hurts right now.

Marc Savard

06/15/2011. x3
Jun 23, 2008
Buchholz, Germany
I do like the deal somehow. But just thinking ahead.. what would a guy like Nash coming off such a big contract want for a new deal? Would that be some kind of number the Bs can afford?

Obviously we all don't know what the rest of the season will do or what happens with Chara, ... but all of that aside, what is a realistic number for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad