Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Rick Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (rights) 2018 first, 2019 7th and Beleskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
don't know how to feel about this one. was really warming to Spoons, but he was going to be spendy to re-sign, Lindgren is a prospect, i'm not too worried about looking back at this trade and regretting moving him. the 1st is the cost of doing business, it should be pretty later (hopefully 31st) and there is a fair amount of risk at that point, so hopefully NYR whiff on it. Obviously would have preferred not retaining on Belesky, but that was never likely.

I wish we were getting 25 year old Rick Nash, not 33, but maybe a change of scenery, a contender and not having to be The Guy all help him turn back the clock a bit

Reactions: RI.B FAN

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I really don't mind this. Getting rid of Beleskey's contract is worth a pretty big asset in itself. Spooner was very likely gone at the end of this year anyway. We've drafted well enough and have enough prospects to be able to give up a first.

It's a bit much, but we have a real chance this year and it just got better.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Also that 7th round round pick seems out of place.

Gorton - "I dunno, I feel that value is pretty close. I'll think about it"

Sweeney - "f***ing hell. Fine. I'll add a 7th just to get this shit over with"

I really don't mind this. Getting rid of Beleskey's contract is worth a pretty big asset in itself. Spooner was very likely gone at the end of this year anyway. We've drafted well enough and have enough prospects to be able to give up a first.

Thing is they really didn't get rid of it. By retaining they're saying less than 1 million a year on the cap.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
So the Bruins get a 33 year old UFA Rick Nash ( 50% retained)who has declined over the years and presently has 18 goals and 10 assists for 28 points and who is -8 for:

1st rd pick in 2018
7th rd pick in 2019
Ryan Spooner ( 2nd rd pick in 2010) 9 goals and 16 assists for 25 points ans is a +10
Ryan Lindgren ( 2nd rd pick in 2016)
Matt Beleskey ( 50%) retained

Yikes.

Reactions: Ricklongisland

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I’ve watched a number of Rangers games the season and Nash has been decent or good in most. He’s playing for his next contract, of which I have zero interest. If you really don’t like him you might be pleasantly surprised. He’s still dangerous when he wants to be.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Bruins upgraded from Spooner to Nash.

Costed them a late 1st and a D years away from the NHL. Still two very good assets to give but the Bruins are now a better team and improved their chances for the Cup so worth it.

Is he in for tonight?

Reactions: HumBucker

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

Exactly! Spooner couldn't stay on last year's playoff team,and his clock was ticking,he was going to be replaced next year. Beleskey? Who cares who's paying him,it won't harm the quality of this team. Hopefully Nash can be a difference maker,mediocre playoff numbers notwithstanding.

pfw19

Oct 1, 2009
Wisconsin
I honestly don't mind DS taking a shot with this deal.

How long have we been waiting for Spooner to maximize his potential? Eating 1/2 of Beleskey sucks, no doubt. We would've sat here and complained about who DS took with his first rounder this year anyway, so I don't mind giving up a late first in this case. Lindgren is low on our prospect depth chart.

But...this better light a fire under Nash's rear end. If it does, I think we will be pleasantly surprised. If not, then most of you are right, it's an overpay.

Reactions: Strafer

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
People were gonna be mad no matter what.

Give up Spooner to be rid of half of Belesky’s contract people are mad.

Give up one of Donato, Frederic, Senyshyn, Lauzon people are mad.

There’s is A LOT of Rick Nash hate in here.

Reactions: Strafer

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Feel like this was an overpayment. Nash will need to play above what he has been to make this a good trade for both sides. Which is never a good prerequisite for a trade you push through.

To me, for that price he needs to be resigned at a good number.

Reactions: Tampbear and Alicat

37Bergenov14

Jul 14, 2016
Lindgren + 1st is a deal I can live with. Bruins are loaded with LHD prospects. But I hate the fact that they traded Spooner AND had to retain salary on Beleskey
This was my exact thought
... actually didn't mind it at all when it first broke as Lindgren and the first. But it all went downhill from there. I get that they wanted to move on from Spooner, but I think they should have gotten some sort of real value for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->