Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Rick Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (rights) 2018 first, 2019 7th and Beleskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Ballsy, I will give Sweeney that.
Unloading a buyout? Good.
Trading Spooner? Not so happy about but I guess they made the decision not to sign him next year. They probably feel Donato or someone else is ready.
Lindgren? Bottom six prospect meh.
first round pick? Standard for a rental like Nash.

What would make this trade good- Bruins go deep in the playoffs and some kid next year takes Spooner's place. I am not sure I want to re-sign Rick Nash at 33.

What would make this trade horrible- Bruins crap out in the playoffs and the kids aren't ready next year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Took a beating from the Rangers, not even out of 100% of the Beleskey contract, just 50%.

Reactions: Critical

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Guess this means they weren't willing to commit to Spooner long term. Don't like they gave up that much and still have to eat 50% of Beleskey.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Can't wait for Nash to not fit with Krejci and Debrusk's production to fall off because he doesn't fit with Krejci either. This didn't solve any problems with our lineup or upgrade our talent, it changed the dynamic of the RW but I don't think it made us better in any way shape or form. I can't believe the haul NY got from us for a guy well past his prime, his season high goal total in the last 3 years is 23, the other two he didn't even break 20. He was elite a few years ago, I can't believe the haul we gave up for that.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Couple things;

Cap space is cap space, we have a lot of young guys that have already proven themselves and are going to get paid. I think management has had a lot of talks and they are very confident in this prospect group, I think they're done with Beleskey type signings and plan to pay quite a few young guys over the next few years. McAvoy alone will cost a pretty penny

Spooner hurts because he's a roster player having a good season but that second line blew and I doubt management was going to sign spooner in the off season (he'll could get 5 million from someone if it's not New York)

Lindgren is a solid character guy that probably could have been a really good middle pair maybe a ceiling of 2 way down the road that I would have liked to see in a spoked B but I'd rather it be him going than a donato or frederic...

The picks are whatever TBH

I like this deal today, you never really can expect a good deal not to sting a bit for what you give up, and I'll like this deal a lot more if it gives Nash a jolt and we actually make noise in the playoffs

If we get bounced by Toronto and no one steps up next year I'll be sitting in a puddle of tears :laugh:

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Love that the Bruins are going for it.
You call this going for it?
I am really not sure Rick Nash is even close to being better than Spooner. Especially going forward in the future.
Sweeney is just simply awful.
He really has no clue.
He can't seem to win any trade.
This one is simply pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad