Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Rick Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (rights) 2018 first, 2019 7th and Beleskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Sometimes it's not about winning or losing individual trades; it's about making the team better for a Cup run. Sweeney had the resources to go for the NOW without damaging the future. If we're celebrating a Cup in June and still have loads of prospects and young, up-and-coming players, who cares what prices other teams paid at the TDL?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Bruins acquired Rick Nash and didn't give up Carlo, Heinen or DeBrusk, I'm happy with that.

If you look at it as a two-part trade, it doesn't seem as steep. Spooner + late 1st seems about right for Nash, and I'm ok with the B's giving up Lindgren and a 7th for taking enough of Beleskey's contract to make the first part work.
It’s a good reminder for Sweeney not to give out stupid contracts.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I never liked the trade from the beginning but seeing how cheap Kane went today, basically and 2nd rounder and a 4th, wow did we get screwed on this trade. The rangers are still rolling on the ground laughing

It shows you how little teams valued Kane. He is high risk, and potentially high reward. I can understand why Bruins were unwilling to add him

Reactions: Thrive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad