Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Rick Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (rights) 2018 first, 2019 7th and Beleskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Wait till you see the butt move...

Also watch as he stares into your soul’s through the TV as he is interviewed.

Reactions: Kate08

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If they didn't retain on Beleksey, I would have loved the deal. Now, I think its OK. Spooner was gone for a 3rd anyway. Lindgren is the Bruins 4th or 5th best young LD (Krug, Zboril, Vaak, Gryz).

Nash will be a big upgrade over Spooner on this team. We all see that the Krejci line was better with Heinen and Backes. Guess what? Nash is like Heinen and bigger than Backes.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Until Nash actually plays for the Bruins I’ll reserve judgement. Players react differently under new systems and coaches. I think he is better than Spooner so I feel it’s an upgrade on skills. He is also not asked to go against the best defense of the other team either which may benefit him too.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Not happy about the first, considering the success Sweeney has had in recent drafts. Getting rid of the Beleskey albatross is a big plus.

Lindgren is just one of a large stable of LHDs, so one of Vaakanainen, Little Z Johanssen orvLauzon could step in. Maybe more.

Glad they didn't touch Bjork, Senyshyn, Cehlarik and Donato.

Reactions: Strafer

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I hate this. Rick Nash is lazy and straight up awful.
As a Rangers fan, this just isn't true at all. The guy works his ass off on both ends of the ice. He creates a LOT of chances and has looked very good this year. While the Bruins gave up a lot of value, I definitely think when you guys see him play you will be pretty excited to have him.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Nash is going to have to step his game up big time to make this worth it. He’s not that good anymore
think you should give him a couple games with better players first. i think he will be a great add.
wouldve rather hoffman or stone. but nash isbetter than the jagr move

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
As a Rangers fan, this just isn't true at all. The guy works his ass off on both ends of the ice. He creates a LOT of chances and has looked very good this year. While the Bruins gave up a lot of value, I definitely think when you guys see him play you will be pretty excited to have him.
I’ll believe it when I see it.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Correct me if I'm wrong but with Beleskey playing in the AHL, I don't think his cap hit actually went against the salary cap. I don't know if the salary cap rules changed recently so that could be wrong.

But now, between retaining 50% of Beleskey's contract, Seidenberg's buyout, and Hayes' buy out, Bruins next year have $3.9m tied up in cap space with players who are all playing for other organizations...

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Krejci gets a big power winger! Really happy about this deal. Just wish it was lauzon or senyshyn instead of Lindgren but not a big deal. Beleskeys money half gone. Spooner who was already probably gone is gone. 1st in a draft you don’t need a first gone. All...because it’s the cup

Reactions: HustleB

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
See :)

I thought this would happen

Better deal than giving up 1st and frederic. Plus you get rid of beleskey (even at 50 per)

Sweeney is prob not done yet i assume

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->