Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Rick Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (rights) 2018 first, 2019 7th and Beleskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Would have preferred a LH wing prospect over Lindgren. Since there’s a mass amount of them.

But anyways- I like the deal. Wish all of Beleskey was gone. But either way, they moved most of him.

And Spooner is 25. He is what he is at this point IMO. A streaky player with a lack of nuts to be blunt. Like OGara, he was probably going to get phased out. Plus he was due again next year.

And plus, at the end of the season, they have even more cap space.

Anyways, well see how Donny did. Hope Nash can get some stability going on that second line

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
This deal was about one thing. A hot team that could go on a legit run for the cup. Feels like a bit of fleecing but if the Bruins can make a deep run then it will be worth it.

If I'm Chara, Bergy, and Rask I'm fired up they went for it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They brought up size without giving up too much on speed. The top6 should be very difficult to play with.

They can survive the Lindgren move with Vaakanainen/Lauzon/Zboril. Still that 1st added with Beleskey at 50% bothers me.

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
want to see how Nash and Krejci play together. if they mesh this could be a good trade. if not it was a total waste of assets.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Don't mind losing Lindgren as much, his ceiling seems like 3rd pairing anyway. But I don't think Spooner gets enough credit for the solid season he's had. Despite clearing Beleskey, it doesn't warrant losing a 1st round pick to get to get Nash in my opinion.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
They needed help on the wing, and went out and got the best available player. Nothing wrong with that. I get that you can quibble over what it took to get Nash, but prices have always been high at the deadline for the most case. Either way, I want to see how he looks playing with DK. That could be a really potent combo.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
They brought up size without giving up too much on speed. The top6 should be very difficult to play with.

They can survive the Lindgren move with Vaakanainen/Lauzon/Zboril. Still that 1st added with Beleskey at 50% bothers me.
Feels like you've come around quickly - understandable for folks to react with immediate emotion, it does seem a bit lopsided until one starts breaking it down with objectivity and under consideration of all the obvious and not-so-obvious elements.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Thing is they really didn't get rid of it. By retaining they're saying less than 1 million a year on the cap.

Using common core math?

Beleskey's cap hit is $3.8 mil per year. Half of that is $1.9, NOT "less than 1 mil".

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Bruins did not give up a single asset that was going to be playing for them next season, not one. Held on to all their kids and came away with a player that will be miles ahead of Spooner. Good deal and even with retaining 50% on Belesky they come out ahead of having to buy him out.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Not sure if Nash is better than Spooner, but at least they got rid of Beleskey. I was never very high on Lindgren, but losing 1st in a deep draft is a little painful.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Feels like you've come around quickly - understandable for folks to react with immediate emotion, it does seem a bit lopsided until one starts breaking it down with objectivity and under consideration of all the obvious and not-so-obvious elements.

When I consider the whole package they gave up I don't like it. I felt they gave up too much to get rid of Beleskey at 50%.

But I don't hate Nash as the player and he makes the top6 tougher to play against and better defensively, but again that price bothers me.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Huh, Nash is 50% retained too. I think there's another deal to be had somewhere, or why bother making sure they had 2 mil left in deadline space? Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad