Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Rick Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (rights) 2018 first, 2019 7th and Beleskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I’d feel better about this trade if the Bruins weren’t left with a weaker third line as a result. I love the way Riley Nash has been playing this year but I don’t think he’s the kind of guy you want getting 3rd line mins in the playoffs.

Aaannnd as I type this it looks as though Brian Gionta is the guy the bruins think will fill that hole.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Big Body, goes to the net, strong on the boards, lethal shot. Literally everything that Spooner isn't, and is exactly what this team needs.

qoGgZda.jpg

Reactions: Trizz617

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I am not a big Nash fan but the B's won this trade for now!
If they like and resign Nash it will probably be the best trade of 2018!
If they don't,all we really lost was Spooner who I believe was not being brought back next season anyway.
The only sticky point was the First Pick which will probably be late first so no biggy.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Does anyone else find it funny that there's a 7th round pick involved? Seems like such a HFBoards thing.
How does that conversation go? That they needed a seventh round pick to even the scales.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Haven't seen this posted yet, but the more I look at his situation in NYR, the more I think he's gonna thrive here. Krejci is gonna love having him and debrusk on the wings.

Right. I mean there's also the AV-factor. His coaching style sucks and he has no idea what he's doing, so it's hard to judge any of the players.

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
i'm gonna have to watch nash play to see how much he has left. i'm not sold sweeney and whoever their scouts are know what they're doing. long term david backes big contract looking like a joke. before that beleskey.

don't care about spooner anyways. lindgren meh probably won't be good. 1st round pick is the big loss.

Reactions: since76

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Think he gives the B's a sweetheart 1 year deal at 4m? Might be. Doubt they can do much more.

I'd hope a guy who's made almost $90 million in his career is more focused on winning a cup at this point than trying get every dollar he thinks he's worth in his next contract. I look back at Iginla signing for 3 years at $5 million per with Colorado, and I still have no idea what he was thinking. However, for Nash, it really depends on whether he wants to win a cup or make as much money as he possibly can.

Personally, I wouldn't be in favor of re-signing Nash unless he has an unbelievable end to the season. I'd rather give that spot to one of the young guys.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Right. I mean there's also the AV-factor. His coaching style sucks and he has no idea what he's doing, so it's hard to judge any of the players.
Thats a good point. Rangers are such a weird team to evaluate because their roster doesn't look as terrible as the results do.

Reactions: Mats Zuccarelli

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’d feel better about this trade if the Bruins weren’t left with a weaker third line as a result. I love the way Riley Nash has been playing this year but I don’t think he’s the kind of guy you want getting 3rd line mins in the playoffs.

Aaannnd as I type this it looks as though Brian Gionta is the guy the bruins think will fill that hole.

The only role the Bruins think Gionta will fill is as a spare depth RW down the stretch for that brutal March schedule.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
The cap dollars are a big deal here as well. I'm assuming an $80 million cap. If they can move McQ/Miller, you're looking at $23 million in cap space to start the off-season with 14 guys signed.

If you assume they get a back-up goalie, Chara, Gryz, and the 4th line at similar cap numbers, you still have over $13 million to play with. They will definitely have the money to re-sign Nash or even get involved with a big FA like Tavares.

Plus you add some other ELC guys like Donato/JFK and they're going to be in really good shape.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I liked Spoons on the PP and he was definitely upping his play this year but he is looking for a bigger payday come contract time. Once the ink was dry, he would go back to being soft. Glad Beleskey's gone too. No one in the solar system would take on his full hit for what he's worth.

Look at Marchy getting mugged almost every game without consequences. Look at how often Pasta is knocked on his butt. This isn't even the playoffs yet. We needed to add a better winger to Krejci's line to take the pressure off Bergy's line. Gives Krej another linemate to dish the puck to. Need 2 dependable scoring lines if you're going to make noise in the postseason.

I'm more pleased with the Nash rental than I was with the Kaberle rental at the time.

Reactions: Trizz617

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
The cap dollars are a big deal here as well. I'm assuming an $80 million cap. If they can move McQ/Miller, you're looking at $23 million in cap space to start the off-season with 14 guys signed.

If you assume they get a back-up goalie, Chara, Gryz, and the 4th line at similar cap numbers, you still have over $13 million to play with. They will definitely have the money to re-sign Nash or even get involved with a big FA like Tavares.

Plus you add some other ELC guys like Donato/JFK and they're going to be in really good shape.

Don't tease me

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
i'm gonna have to watch nash play to see how much he has left. i'm not sold sweeney and whoever their scouts are know what they're doing. long term david backes big contract looking like a joke. before that beleskey.

don't care about spooner anyways. lindgren meh probably won't be good. 1st round pick is the big loss.

Ummmm, Backes has been one of the Bs best players this season.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I'm still wondering what is going on inside a GM's mind when he gives away a 1st-rounder for a pending UFA
Our prospect pool is stacked and he wants to win the cup now.

I like this DK should be happy. Spooner is a good player but he probably wasn't going to stay, a center makes more money than a winger and he is a center being forced to play center

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
All I know is whenever the Bruins played the Rangers and the B’s were on the power play and Rick Nash was on the ice, he scared the crap outta me. Dude is absolutely a killer PK guy.

This now gives us 5 solid forwards on the PK:

Bergeron
Marchand
Rick Nash
Reilly Nash
Tim Schaller

Plus:

Krejci - Acciari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events