Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Rick Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (rights) 2018 first, 2019 7th and Beleskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Still feel like we need to bring in another forward in case of injury.

Love our top 9, but if someone gets hurt I don't like guys from our 4th player key minutes....unless they feel like Donato can be that guy

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I'll give Sweeney credit for showing some balls and making a push this year. I really don't care about losing Spooner or Lindgren (Kevan Miller 2.0) and we have enough prospects to forego a #1 this year.

End of the day it all comes down to how well Nash plays through the playoff run. In my opinion, our second line just became a lot more difficult to play against.

I feel like we finally got a legit 2nd line that scares teams.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Trust me you are in for a treat lol. Nash is Neely compared to what Spooner brings.

Spooner for us is a transitional guy.

At some point we need guys who can at least take a shift at the NHL level - warts and all.

Because by the time the dust settles, our roster is going be doing its best Swiss cheese impersonation.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
2) Spooner is a playoff ghost. I'd much rather not have the bad example. If you look at stuff like blocked shots stats, you can clearly see that Nash is the kind of guy that's going to give you way way more effort than Spooner on any given night. And that's contagious. Also love another high volume shooter on the team. 6'4 215 doesn't hurt either.

Spooner has played in 4 playoffs games with 2 assists in his career.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
I’ll be honest. Your early comment that started this was off the mark because I didn’t write the headline but you seem to be blaming me for whatever weird strange reason in your gourd for the media calling him “allstar”. 2). Generally, when some is an allstar in the past they are always considered an allstar by sport’s writers in the present, much like an ex-president is always referred to as Mr President. It’s a nod to their accolades of the past.

Lastly, I have no idea what your above post is trying to convey here. It’s a whole bunch of strawman and word vomit. I’ll see ya around.
Sorry don't blame you at all, i know media called him all star, not you, never wanted to point you. I just said he is not at all an all star anyomore, always overated so much.
That Said, about my recent posts, you should not talk for anything and read my comments, you will see that 90% are positive in last year !!! So please...

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I prefer Nash over guys like Maroon, Vanek, or Sharp who were also available but for less it seems. I think he has the potential for the biggest impact over those guys, even if the floor is relativity similar.

McKenzie had mentioned the names of Forsbacka-Karlsson, Fredric and Lindgren and of those three, Lindgren is the one I'm most okay with the Bruins trading. LD was one of the Bruins strongest positions of strength as far as prospects go along with the emergence of Matt Grzelcyk.

The salary cap played a big part in how this trade turned out, and getting rid of some of Beleskey's salary is a win for the Bruins.

On the other hand, hurts to see Spooner go, would have liked to keep him for depth for the playoffs. He's played above his value since he came back into the lineup and his speed will be missed. Not convinced he was part of the Bruins future but it's not a great price to pay.

Overall, it's a risk that hopefully pays off.

Reactions: HustleB

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Spooner for us is a transitional guy.

At some point we need guys who can at least take a shift at the NHL level - warts and all.

Because by the time the dust settles, our roster is going be doing its best Swiss cheese impersonation.

And Nash is here to help win the cup THIS year. We now have a second line that is going to create some tough match ups for teams

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Still feel like we need to bring in another forward in case of injury.

Love our top 9, but if someone gets hurt I don't like guys from our 4th player key minutes....unless they feel like Donato can be that guy

I also think JFK is much closer than people realize. He's been flying under the radar, but they haven't needed him. Cehlarik, Donato, and JFK should be enough depth. Plus Czarnik.

Reactions: HustleB

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Would people be bent out of shape if the deal had been Zboril, Spooner and Lindgren? I wouldn't be. There's a good chance this ends up being far less than that.

But you have to start with the assumption that there was never going to be 5m for Spooner. And with Charlie and company all needing eventual deals, you get to that conclusion pretty quick.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
And Nash is here to help win the cup THIS year. We now have a second line that is going to create some tough match ups for teams

Definitely. You guys are in your window and a very dangerous team. Our team is hoping to be where you are now, in 3 or 4 years.

Nash is a good fit for your roster and what you're looking for. Especially if he gets hot.

His offensive streakiness can be infuriating --- but when he gets locked in, his production can look like something out of a video game for short bursts.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Seriously I can't believe the reactions on here.

Again because it bears repeating, Rick Nash for a late 1st, and Lindgren is fair value for both teams. Bruins get their guy, and it FINALLY gives Krejci a pure goal scorer. Their top 6 is insanely good now.

Spooner became expendable because he's not a 4th line guy, and as much as I think seeing a 4th line with Riley Nash, Schaller, and Kuraly over Acciari would work, I also didn't want Spooner with Heinen and Backes.

So, giving Spooner and a 7th to take some of Beleskey's contract, especially when Spooner wouuld be due for yet another raise this off-season, is completely fine with me.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
DeBrusk - Krejci - Rick Nash
Heinen - Riley Nash - Backes
Acciari - Schaller - Kuraly

What a solid forward group.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Well, I for one am extremely happy with the trade. Rick Nash was the #1 guy I wanted them to get. Figured it would cost a first and either Spooner or a top prospect - and I was fine with that cost. The extra add is to get Beleskey off the books.
Bruins are simply a better team today than they were yesterday.

Hope Beleskey can salvage his career.
Wish Spooner best of luck but I had grown awfully tired of him and never saw the level of play others did with him.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Sorry don't blame you at all, i know media called him all star, not you, never wanted to point you. I just said he is not at all an all star anyomore, always overated so much.
That Said, about my recent posts, you should not talk for anything and read my comments, you will see that 90% are positive in last year !!! So please...

Dude, you are confused or something. I have never said anything about your negativity or positive posts. That was the other guy you got into with it with. You attacked me because the media used the term “allstar” than you went crazier by mentioning Carey Price for reasons I will never understand. I going to move on now, so no need to comment on this, I have wasted too much time as it is.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Wait till you see the butt move...

Also watch as he stares into your soul’s through the TV as he is interviewed.

Yeah, Nash loves that. In every interview he gives, he stares and talks directly to the camera. It's actually pretty cool. Getting ready for life after he hangs up the skates.

Reactions: BMC

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
As a Rangers fan, this just isn't true at all. The guy works his ass off on both ends of the ice. He creates a LOT of chances and has looked very good this year. While the Bruins gave up a lot of value, I definitely think when you guys see him play you will be pretty excited to have him.

I can confirm this. He plays his ass off. He knows he's not the player he once was, so he's compensated in other ways, such as playing smart defensive hockey. He's a good locker room guy and a hard-worker.

Reactions: BMC

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Only way a player has a say in a trade is if they have a No trade clause or a no movement clause. You'll see them abbreviated to NTC or NMC. There's a difference between both.

The No-Movement Clause:
A No-Movement Clause prohibits a team from moving a player by trade, waivers, or assigning that player to the minors without the player’s consent. This keeps the player with the pro team unless the player approves one of these moves. The player has the final say. Some players will often have a limited trade list here as well. A No-Movement Clause does not restrict a team from buying out or terminating a player’s contract.

The No-Trade Clause:

A No-Trade Clause is much less restrictive. It only places restrictions on movement by trade. A player with a No-Trade Clause cannot be traded by a team unless the player provides consent. A limited (partial or modified) No-Trade Clause is often less restrictive than a full No-Trade Clause and depends on the conditions negotiated in the player’s contracts. Often with these No-Trade Clauses, the player is asked to provide a list of teams to which he would be willing to be traded or NOT traded to. This list can change or fluctuate from season to season.

...or if the player decides to retire.....which would have an impact on the trade being completed.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Haven't seen this posted yet, but the more I look at his situation in NYR, the more I think he's gonna thrive here. Krejci is gonna love having him and debrusk on the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille