Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Rick Nash for Spooner, Lindgren (rights) 2018 first, 2019 7th and Beleskey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Bergeron should be a little bit familiar with Nash from the Olympics, although I don't recall they ever played on the same line.

I really want to see what they do with Rick and Riley on the uniform nameplates. :laugh:
Reilly Nash will keep Nash and Rick will wear R. Nash

When we had Kevan and Colin, Kevan kept Miller bc of seniority.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Sweeney did his job.Nash is a legit presence with size.Now I want to see Holden play tonite to see if he could push someone down.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Just a thought:

The last time the Bruins acquired a player of Nash's ilk was when they signed Chara when Jeff Gorton was the acting GM during the Chiarelli transition from Ottawa.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Some of you doom and gloom posters are pathetic. This is a pretty solid deadline deal the biggest piece we gave was Spooner. I was a huge Spooner fan since we drafted him but I'm fine letting him go for a playoff run with Nash, a clearly superior player. We didn't give up any of our top prospects eithee, Lindgren is a solid prospect but nothing to cry about losing . All in all, this whining and complaining from some of you is totally unjustified .
What is really pathetic is to not respect other person view...and believe we own the truth...
It is strange to consider nash a CLEAR superior player when his stats are worst )))

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Liked Spooner a lot this year, but Nash makes us better. We have a legit shot this year, you can't hold onto every kid, we need to take advantage of Bergeron, Krejci, Rask, and Marchys remaining time here

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Ok I'm a complete newb to this trading business. Do the players involved have any say in the matter or do they just have to do what they are told? Could Spooner for example say that he doesn't want to go to the Rangers or is it tough sh*t?

It's "tough shit" unless a player has a no trade clause in his contract or a clause that lists the team(s) he'd be willing to be traded to.

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I think Nash will be a good fit with you guys.

He'll be in a role where he can "one of" the guys and not have the spotlight on him, along withavoiding the expectation that the team is in trouble if he doesn't score.

Obviously, he's not the offensive driving force that he once was. But he's a two-way winger, who is a good support guy, and he is capable of popping in 25 goals.

If you look at him through the prism of what he is, and not what he was, or what he was expected to be for your team, you'll likely be happy with him.

As long as he isn't a ***** and wins battles on the boards in the O zone and pots some big goals when needed .. Its a win

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Honestly the pick is...whatever. they have so much young talent waiting to break in, at some point they need to use picks to upgrade instead of drafting and developing everyone.

Reactions: Kate08

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Just a thought:

The last time the Bruins acquired a player of Nash's ilk was when they signed Chara when Jeff Gorton was the acting GM during the Chiarelli transition from Ottawa.

I would argue the last time was when we traded for Recchi. He was like 7 years older than Nash but was better.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
And when we will get a top 6 ? Tomorrow ? A 40 pts guy is a 3rd liner

I'm pretty sure that Nash is considered a consensus top 6 winger, whether he's having a good year or not. He was also the best rental winger available. I would have preferred paying more for a better player, but the deal's done. I don't trust Sweeney all that much, but I'm sure he looked for a better deal and couldn't find one.

Reactions: since76

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Also, the reason I'm not worried one bit about trading a late 1st for a rental, is Sweeney has already proven he can find 1st round talent in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds.

Hell some might say he's had more success in those rounds than he has in the 1st.

Reactions: Trizz617

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Bruin overpayment for sure. I think this is a message to Krejci and his $ 7.25 million dollar contract - it's time to make an impact. He has a veteran goal scorer now. Time for Krejci to pick it up.
I guess all the Spooner haters got what they wanted.
Spooner was shipped out to save money and get rid of a 50% contract on a bad signing of Beleskey by Sweeney.
Lindgren is not a big loss. Small ,physical stay at home defenseman.
Not a deal that looks great right now, but if Rick Nash can be a difference maker for 20 games plus a long drive for the Stanley Cup, than it is worth it.
If the Bruins are out after round one or two, than it likely was not the best move.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
yes he was. considering he was dealing with injury here and there

just watch below and tell me how many players in the league could do some of the things he can...

2016/2017 Nash goals

Some of those are downright filthy. The guy motors, too. Love it.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I was kind of hoping to solidify pp line 2. Dropping Spoon leaves a hole which Nash fills but doesn't address 2.

May not be done..

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Honest reaction? I'm glad they got rid of Spooner. I would have preferred acquiring McDonough to Nash because I think you can't ever have enough good defensemen especially in the playoffs but Nash will do.

I've watched the Rangers a lot this year. I think Nash will surprise the naysayers.

Feb 25, 2016
My preference would have been to trade asset for a player like Ryan Nugent Hopkins and not a pure rental.
That being said, it’s done deal so let cheer for his success and the B’s.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
I'm pretty sure that Nash is considered a consensus top 6 winger, whether he's having a good year or not. He was also the best rental winger available. I would have preferred paying more for a better player, but the deal's done. I don't trust Sweeney all that much, but I'm sure he looked for a better deal and couldn't find one.

Agree with you on this...i was too extreme called him a 3rd liner , the same way he is called an all star...this trade don't make bruins better at all, minor effect...but that don't make them worst too..for now

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Just a thought:

Jagr, Horton, Iginla ring a bell ? All were better players than Nash is now.

Reactions: since76

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Also, the reason I'm not worried one bit about trading a late 1st for a rental, is Sweeney has already proven he can find 1st round talent in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds.

Hell some might say he's had more success in those rounds than he has in the 1st.
Right on! As it stands now, this upcoming draft may have some jewels for the picking in those later rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad