TSN: Bruins Acquire Jarome Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Shea Weber for Caron and a 4th

No way would I want the B's to absorb that contract.

But that would probably work on NHL 13.

Do hope the B's will get a defensive pick up-would love somebody who is a top two pairings kind of player.

Ference has sucked so bad this year, I would be afraid to see him bumped up to that 2nd pairing.

Andrew83

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Soderberg - Peverley - Horton
Paille - Kelly - Campbell

That is a godlike forward group to head into the playoffs with :amazed:

Wow it's like we have two 1st lines and two 3rd lines. If Soderberg pans out and Horton gets back to form it could be like two 1st lines, one 2nd line, and one 3rd line.

This has got to be Claude's dream in being able to roll 4 lines like these.

GodTukka*

The least we can do for Flames fans is give Iggy a shot at the promised land.

It'll help soothe the pain

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Does Soderberg still fit here

No question he will fit if they can work out his transfer.

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Soderberg - Peverly - Horton

Spares: Thornton, Caron and Pandolfo

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I don't see anything wrong with the return for Calgary (if that the finalized deal). They got a top prospect, a 1st, and a secondary prospect. wasn't that the asking price from the beginning?

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I don't see anything wrong with the return for Calgary (if that the finalized deal). They got a top prospect, a 1st, and a secondary prospect. wasn't that the asking price from the beginning?
I think Feaster *did* ask for "better" prospects initially.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
No question he will fit if they can work out his transfer.

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Soderberg - Peverly - Horton

Spares: Thornton, Caron and Pandolfo

That's the deepest group of forwards the Bruins have had since 08/09.

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
Awful trade for Calgary. :shakehead

They basically got nothing for Iggy.

I wouldn't say nothing.....gonna get a 1st rd pick and Kohkhlachev was incredible for Russia at WJC and was among the best players on the team right with Yakupov & Nichushkin

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
I really hope not. Guy is terrible. Please get Streit, as improbable as that may be...
Please don't. I'm not overly protective of prospects and love the Iginla deal, but to me you have to balance winning now vs. going overboard to win now. Streit and other top D's available will cost a lot and we simply can't afford to re-sign them with the cap dropping next year.

Iginla was a different situation because we can very likely make it work past this year so you aren't just getting a pure rental. But after getting Iginla and Rask extended, we'd be maxed out and we can't afford to re-sign a Streit or Visnovsky or whoever. And I despise the idea of giving up a Spooner type or another 1st rounder or whatever else it's going to cost to land a legit top 4 D who is going to walk at the end of the year. Paying high prices for rentals is bad business.

We need to be bargain shopping on D. Get a change of scenary guy (remember what a change of scenary did for Brian Rolston last year?) like Whitney for a reasonable price and hope either a.) he steps up his game or b.) McQuaid is ready for the playoffs.

Afam*

No. Feaster was probably trying to accommodate his class act superstar player, who obviously wanted to come here, as opposed to what was better for Calgary. Therefore, he was in a position of weakness from the get go. He did the right thing for Iggy.

When we traded Bourque, Bourque wanted to stay on the east coast. Harry, unbeknownst to Bourque, made a deal w/ Colorado, which ended up being the right one. And, the rest is history.

I don't want Calgary fans coming in here and thinking we're A-holes b/c we're gloating a/b who "won" the trade. If I saw that in 2000 I'd of been sick. Not what this was about. It was a/b giving Iggy a chance to compete for a Cup. These poor people just got punched in the stomach.

it was all in joke but i can respect that.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I'm starting to feel a little bit for Koko... being the centerpiece of the return. He'll have critics in Calgary for sure.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Highway robbery; what the heck was Calgary thinking?

They must be gunning for the record of consecutive 1st overall picks. Good luck on that one... yikes.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
With 15 "NHL" Forwards and Soderberg still a possibility, I think there's a high chance that one of the forwards is moved for a defenseman.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal

Yeah, I don't get that neither. Seems like a decent return even if its not great.

617Marine

Aug 17, 2012
Boston
It's hilarious that people on the main board can say "flames got hosed" and "Iggy's washed up at 35" in the same breathe.
I'd like to remind everyone (mostly those griping on the main) that we traded ray-one of the best defenseman of all-time-for Brian Rolston, Martin grenier, Sammy Pahlsson, and a 1st (I believe Martin Samuelson)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad