TSN: Bruins Acquire Jarome Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamingofdrouin*

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 3m

We all believe #Flames deal involving Iginla will get done but for whatever reason #Bruins adamant trade has not happened yet

maybe its not done.

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
We all believe #Flames deal involving Iginla will get done but for whatever reason #Bruins adamant trade has not happened yet #TradeTracker

they won't acknowledge it done until the Flames announce it IMO. After the Flames game is over they could

Afam*

Flames fan fighting back tears right now. But I think this will say it all.

ykaRpgL.gif

I raise you one
p937f.gif

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Someone mentioned it earlier that it is possible that Iggy told Feaster that he wanted to come here, which would make it a lot easier on Chia and making him look like a genius.

Probably. I find the deal underwhelming but maybe he saw a spot here. He's played with Bergeron in olympics(not sure if same line), maybe saw himself playing with him.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Fluto Shinzawa ‏@GlobeFluto 54s
If/when Iginla deal official, will become 8th member of 03-04 CGY team to land in BOS.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Someone mentioned it earlier that it is possible that Iggy told Feaster that he wanted to come here, which would make it a lot easier on Chia and making him look like a genius.

I mentioned that in another thread, but sounds very plausible.

If this is the case, and with the Kipprusoff stuff, I feel a little bad.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Wait a minute....didn't you say this trade would never happen?

When? And about Iginla to Boston or this package of players? Honestly, I don't remember what I've said but I wouldn't have been surprised if the Bruins acquired Iginla. I'm shocked if this is the package they got him for though.

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia
So ... after so many months of Chiarelli being roasted for "still evaluating", is it safe to say that he's evaluated correctly & timely this time?

What I like best about the deal is that Chiarelli still has other players that are *very* expendable to trade in a subsequent deal ... Caron, etc, could easily be moved for another top 9 forward, or an upgrade on the blueline. A huge piece was acquired without going all-in in terms of prospects.

GodTukka*

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 3m

We all believe #Flames deal involving Iginla will get done but for whatever reason #Bruins adamant trade has not happened yet

maybe its not done.

Twist: the pick isn't included period, they're actually gonna send Jay Pandolfo with a sign around his neck with "here is ur draft pick" crudely written in crayon

GodTukka*

So ... after so many months of Chiarelli being roasted for "still evaluating", is it safe to say that he's evaluated correctly & timely this time?

What I like best about the deal is that Chiarelli still has other players that are *very* expendable to trade in a subsequent deal ... Caron, etc, could easily be moved for another top 9 forward, or an upgrade on the blueline. A huge piece was acquired without going all-in in terms of prospects.

Considering he robbed Feaster blind all is forgiven

Afam*

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Unconfirmed but BOS-CGY appears to be Khokhlachev/Bartkowski/conditional 1st round pick for Iginla. 1st rder conditional on Iggy re-signing.

So the ****ing pick is conditional on him resigning.. Chiarelli must have had a gun to his head

Does Chia have secrets pics of feaster stashed somewhere. What.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
So ... after so many months of Chiarelli being roasted for "still evaluating", is it safe to say that he's evaluated correctly this time?

We need another Dman, and we're good. He has enough assets left over to go an do that w/o touching the roster.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
what an incredible opportunity we now have to see this guy play. i couldn't be more excited for his arrival in boston and imagine the rest of the team is just as excited... can't help but feel privileged to see #12 play out (at least) the spring in the black and gold.

EDIT: Feaster had better start fleshing out his presser...

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
I haven't been posting on here much this year......but had to come on for this

Incredible trade for the Bruins......can't think of a better fit for this team right now. Iginla's style of play and leadership qualities are a perfect acquisition.

Chiarelli just cemented his status as one of the top 3 GM in the league

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Someone on TSN forget who cause it was reported awhile ago stated Iginla is already on an airplane bound for Boston..

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Considering we more or less got Jarome gosh-darned Iginla for peanuts, i want something better than Ryan Whitney on the back end. What else is out there?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

This is pretty much my feeling.

I think Feaster may have been trying to get Iginla where he wanted to go, and was willing to get what he could.

I view it as a steal-Koko I think will pay off. Bart seems destined to be a #5/#6 d-man.

I also assume the conditional first is a 2nd that shifts to a first on re-signing (unless there is already a plan to re-sign then it is paperwork wise a conditional but not really).

Boston fans are going to love Iginla immediately-shoot they loved him before he became a Bruin.

Makes me want to run right out and get a jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad