TSN: Bruins Acquire Jarome Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
I haven't been posting on here much this year......but had to come on for this

Incredible trade for the Bruins......can't think of a better fit for this team right now. Iginla's style of play and leadership qualities are a perfect acquisition.

Chiarelli just cemented his status as one of the top 3 GM in the league

Drop by more often, you had funny stuff posts/pics during that rollercoaster 2010 season. Hope all is well

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
People are just sharting all over the "conditional 1st"....it's all but a given that Iginla is going to re-sign here. He has said he does not want to be a pure rental, and the Bruins want to keep him. So just assume it's part of the package.

GodTukka*

what an incredible opportunity we now have to see this guy play. i couldn't be more excited for his arrival in boston and i'd imagine the rest of the team is just as excited... i know i feel privileged to see #12 play out (at least) the spring in the black and gold.

EDIT: Feaster had better start fleshing out his presser...

Feaster better find a bunker to go hide in as the mood seems to be Flames fans aren't impressed with that 1st not being guaranteed (Usually you make sure that it is)

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Does Chia have secrets pics of feaster stashed somewhere. What.

No. Feaster was probably trying to accommodate his class act superstar player, who obviously wanted to come here, as opposed to what was better for Calgary. Therefore, he was in a position of weakness from the get go. He did the right thing for Iggy.

When we traded Bourque, Bourque wanted to stay on the east coast. Harry, unbeknownst to Bourque, made a deal w/ Colorado, which ended up being the right one. And, the rest is history.

I don't want Calgary fans coming in here and thinking we're A-holes b/c we're gloating a/b who "won" the trade. If I saw that in 2000 I'd of been sick. Not what this was about. It was a/b giving Iggy a chance to compete for a Cup. These poor people just got punched in the stomach.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Marchand-Bergeron-Iginla
Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Caron-Peverley-Horton
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Kelly replaces Thornton when he's ready.
Soderberg replaces Caron.

Now add a few dmen and this team will contend.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Does Soderberg still fit here

Don't think he really does when Kelly gets back.

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Peverley-Kelly-Horton
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

He could be serviceable if Kelly is out though. Not really sure of Kelly's timetable though. If not, just move Pevs to center and Soderberg on the left side.

Edit: Or you could move Kelly down to the 4th line lol. Dat depth.

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
Drop by more often, you had funny stuff posts/pics during that rollercoaster 2010 season. Hope all is well

I read.....but have been too busy to post because I would get wrapped up in the conversations and spend too much time on here.

I skate 3 nights a week
I was coaching midget travel from August -Nov
Then I coached high school from Dec-March
My gf is pregnant
Work has been crazy

Things are good though......thanks

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto
Pens fan here.

Congrats guys. Amazing trade. Your GM fleeced the Flames organization. Hard.

See you guys in the Conference Finals.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Soderberg - Peverley - Horton
Paille - Kelly - Campbell

That is a godlike forward group to head into the playoffs with :amazed:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
No. Feaster was probably trying to accommodate his class act superstar player, who obviously wanted to come here, as opposed to what was better for Calgary. Therefore, he was in a position of weakness from the get go. He did the right thing for Iggy.

When we traded Bourque, Bourque wanted to stay on the east coast. Harry, unbeknownst to Bourque, made a deal w/ Colorado, which ended up being the right one. And, the rest is history.

I don't want Calgary fans coming in here and thinking we're A-holes b/c we're gloating a/b who "won" the trade. If I saw that in 2000 I'd of been sick. Not what this was about. It was a/b giving Iggy a chance to compete for a Cup. These poor people just got punched in the stomach.

:handclap:

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
To the Flames fans, we Bruins fans can likely empathize as well as any given the Bourque situation, hope he can win a Cup in Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad