Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
They said that for some players/ex-teammates, as soon as their heart rate went up above 170, they would have issues related to previous head injuries.....just an example.
It’s what I heard when he mentioned “conditioning, and couldn’t get through it”.
Sounds very much to me like he pushed it too hard and probably started to feel sick or get a headache so they shut him down out of precaution. It sucks but way better than getting hit in the head again.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It’s what I heard when he mentioned “conditioning, and couldn’t get through it”.
Sounds very much to me like he pushed it too hard and probably started to feel sick or get a headache so they shut him down out of precaution. It sucks but way better than getting hit in the head again.

That is an assumption.

Many (Bergeron) with serious head concussions continue to contribute in the NHL. So many here are quick to jump to conclusions with this situation. His career could very well be over however until that is announced I'm going to trust the bruins/Kase do what's best for Kase.

Nowhere have the bruins said it was concussion. It was connected to conditioning after being out of the game for a very long time. The bruins felt it was better/safe decision for Kase to not risk injury playing the rest of his first game back. I don't see that as unreasonable, in fact, great decision.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
That is an assumption.

Many (Bergeron) with serious head concussions continue to contribute in the NHL. So many here are quick to jump to conclusions with this situation. His career could very well be over however until that is announced I'm going to trust the bruins/Kase do what's best for Kase.

Nowhere have the bruins said it was concussion. It was connected to conditioning after being out of the game for a very long time. The bruins felt it was better/safe decision for Kase to not risk injury playing the rest of his first game back. I don't see that as unreasonable, in fact, great decision.

With all due respect my friend, this is an assumption as well. You are assuming what they meant by that just as we are about it being a conditioning issue connected to post-concussion problems. The Bruins were (and almost always are) very vague about injuries and it is by design, but you know that. I am not sure why anyone needs to die on the particular hill of what Kase has or doesn't have going on. It may be an out of game shape classic conditioning issue, and it may be something else. None of us know.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
With all due respect my friend, this is an assumption as well. You are assuming what they meant by that just as we are about it being a conditioning issue connected to post-concussion problems. The Bruins were (and almost always are) very vague about injuries and it is by design, but you know that. I am not sure why anyone needs to die on the particular hill of what Kase has or doesn't have going on. It may be an out of game shape classic conditioning issue, and it may be something else. None of us know.

Right.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Look, I've been saying I wish Kase would try his come back next year. Still, let's not be too presumptuous and act as if he hasn't been on the cautious side. For all we know (theoretical here), they were overly cautious to the point where Bruce was getting frustrated that he could be playing months ago. Then Kase out of extreme caution pulled himself from the last game after the hit, when he didn't feel great. I mean this guy, could still be fine physically, but figuring it out mentally.

Not saying any of that happened, just peaking into one possible scenario, inside of a black box. I hope they are overly, cautious with him, but I won't presume to believe I know better then Kase or the Doctors'.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Look, I've been saying I wish Kase would try his come back next year. Still, let's not be too presumptuous and act as if he hasn't been on the cautious side. For all we know (theoretical here), they were overly cautious to the point where Bruce was getting frustrated that he could be playing months ago. Then Kase out of extreme caution pulled himself from the last game after the hit, when he didn't feel great. I mean this guy, could still be fine physically, but figuring it out mentally.

Not saying any of that happened, just peaking into one possible scenario, inside of a black box. I hope they are overly, cautious with him, but I won't presume to believe I know better then Kase or the Doctors'.
You know what? That’s a completely feasible scenario you lay out. I certainly have no info whatsoever, and yet I’ve chimed in about him maybe calling it a day. Truth is I am in no position to comment one way or the other.

Thanks for raising the point. I do know I wish the kid well regardless. He’s obviously a tough and passionate kid.

Reactions: inactive user

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Our D depth chart right now is

Grzelcyk McAvoy
Reilly Carlo
Tinordi Clifton
Vaakanien Achan
Wolff

Scary thin if we get another injury and don’t get bodies back ASAP
I’m comfortable with the top six as they all have performed well in playoff competition. And Vaakanainen has had enough experience to help out for a while. Still waiting for a Lauzon update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad