Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
As per @Number8 Here's the walking wounded for the Bruins. I will try and update this first post as it changes? Maybe we can sticky it?

Ondrej Kase - upper body injury - place on IR on Jan 31 - eligible to come back Feb 7 - next game Feb 10

Jack Studnicka - Lower Body injury - placed on IR on Jan 31 - eligible to come back Feb 7 - next game Feb 10

Matt Grzelcyk - Has resumed skating - likely back for Feb 10 road trip

Jake DeBrusk - Lower Body - Eligible to come off IR today - is skating - likely back for Feb 10 road trip

As of Thursday Feb 4th.

Bruins Cap.PNG

Last edited:

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I'm not sure Dom and Wally have done the right thing here:

Mr. Number8 whines that he doesn't know what the status of injuries are.

The most connected poster on HF provides an immediate thorough update.

The best Mod on HF immediately stickies it.

I do appreciate it, but I worry that others will now have to put up with other things I want to whine about...... positive feedback to negative behavior ensures problems!:laugh:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm not sure Dom and Wally have done the right thing here:

Mr. Number8 whines that he doesn't know what the status of injuries are.

The most connected poster on HF provides an immediate thorough update.

The best Mod on HF immediately stickies it.

I do appreciate it, but I worry that others will now have to put up with other things I want to whine about...... positive feedback to negative behavior ensures problems!:laugh:

I'm not so sure the bolded part is accurate at all.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I admit that "Cliffy hockey" is entertaining, but it might be time to see how Moore does on the left side before Grz returns.

I think they need to get Moore some game action regardless. If he's healthy enough to play. They are going to need all 8 D-men at some point if they expect to go far in the playoffs this year especially. Training camp started a month ago and Moore hasn't seen game action yet with his injury.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I admit that "Cliffy hockey" is entertaining, but it might be time to see how Moore does on the left side before Grz returns.

He probably would have gotten the chance had he not been injured when they needed him, So Cliffy got the call and Vaak was up (temporarily) to be the 7th d-man.

No confirmation on this, but a post made by Gryz's sister suggests to me that his injury is a groin injury. Target is for him to return Wednesday (as is DeBrusk) but if it is a groin injury, you can be sure it's going to bother him all season and he will need time off.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He probably would have gotten the chance had he not been injured when they needed him, So Cliffy got the call and Vaak was up (temporarily) to be the 7th d-man.

No confirmation on this, but a post made by Gryz's sister suggests to me that his injury is a groin injury. Target is for him to return Wednesday (as is DeBrusk) but if it is a groin injury, you can be sure it's going to bother him all season and he will need time off.

He and Bergeron can compare notes . . .

Reactions: Gordoff and mjhfb

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
No. Was placed on IR January 19 and activated January 31.

He's now the 8th d-man

What seems crazy to me is that Moore can still play as a solid defender in this league. Our kids have just simply played themselves into the lineup ahead of him. There was a time on this team where 2.75 million per/yr would guarantee you a roster spot.

Reactions: Gordoff and bme44

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
What seems crazy to me is that Moore can still play as a solid defender in this league. Our kids have just simply played themselves into the lineup ahead of him. There was a time on this team where 2.75 million per/yr would guarantee you a roster spot.
He wasn't needed when they signed him. It was a head scratcher then, and even more of a WTF move now.

Reactions: Fenian24

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
He wasn't needed when they signed him. It was a head scratcher then, and even more of a WTF move now.
That is false. At the time they signed him Grz had 63 total games while Krug was recovering from an Ankle injury he suffered in the playoffs. That left the team with Chara as the only reliable LHD on the team.

Reactions: HustleB

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Grzelcyk has been skating and will join the team for full practice next week
DeBrusk has been skating and will join the team for full practice next week
Studnicka just started skating could be ready to join main practice next week
Kase still not skating but doing off ice workouts.

And is Moore still alive?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Grzelcyk has been skating and will join the team for full practice next week
DeBrusk has been skating and will join the team for full practice next week
Studnicka just started skating could be ready to join main practice next week
Kase still not skating but doing off ice workouts.

Kase is becoming worrisome...Hoping for him / his future he's okay.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Any idea what the plan is for Moore?

I really don't know, but I am 99.998% positive they are going to keep carrying 8 d-men.

I suspect that at some point, Lauzon or Zboril are going to hit the "rookie wall" and at some point, Miller might need a break, especially in back-to-back situations like Butch said. The schedule is only going to get more condensed so....

At least Moore is healthy now, so the coaching staff will figure out a way to get him and Clifton ice time.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Today is an off day but it's expected Matt Grzelcyk and Jake DeBrusk will be at full practice tomorrow. Jack Studnicka is also a possibility. If Kase skates, he will be on his own, but that may be later in the week.

They don't need to make a decision until Wednesday but will need to decide between Gryz and Clifton. Frederic will take his usually spot next to Coyle and DeBrusk likely with Krejci. The big decision will be on Studnicka if he's cleared. They could keep him up as the 13th forward or bank cap space and put him (or someone else) on the taxi squad.

Assuming everyone but Kase gets the green light.

Bruins Cap.PNG

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Honestly I think he is at the point where another concussion will end his career :(
I wish that he would reconsider not coming back and going on LTIR(?) or retire. Concussion injuries can be devastating. I'd hate to see something terrible happen to him long term. I know he probably loves the game but at this point IMO it isn't worth the price he and his family would pay if he take a really nasty head first smash into the boards. It just isn't worth it! If he were my son or brother I would have a long sit-down with him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->