Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Lets just remember how long it took Bergy to truly adjust and come back. Temper expectations and hope the best for this kid.
It’s a process and not a switch.
I think Jake is still trying to get over that head shot from Kardi

It took Eriksson a few years to get back his game, in his last year here he was excellent

Reactions: HustleB

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Lets just remember how long it took Bergy to truly adjust and come back. Temper expectations and hope the best for this kid.
It’s a process and not a switch.
It is going to take him at least 3 weeks to get back his timing / pace of the game / etc.
Put him on the fourth line, 10 mins a night and see how he does.
Can't see him hurting us.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
From the Globe:

Winger Ondrej Kase, he said, is on track to suit up Monday. It would be his first action since Jan. 16, when a head knock from New Jersey’s Miles Wood put him into concussion protocol.
“It’ll be his call and the medical [staff’s] call,” Cassidy said. “If they tell me he’s ready and wants to get in there, the sooner the better is the way I look at it. Because he may need another game.
“They may recommend that we not start with a back-to-back, but we may not have a choice here. That’s all we’ve got, is Monday-Tuesday. The decision to ease him in is no longer available, because we only have two games left, they’re two days in a row.
“We’d like to see him get in there, obviously, but they have to make that call. And I’m willing to put him in as soon as he’s available.”

The Bruins won’t have fellow right-shot forward Charlie Coyle, who has not played since taking a puck up high in Tuesday’s overtime loss to the Devils.
“I don’t know if he’ll play these two games,” Cassidy said. “I’ve got to check with the medical staff and see what the risk/reward is, or is it better to just get him ready for the playoffs. Because he will be ready to go for the playoffs if he does sit out these two games.
“Do we further risk injury if he does go back in? Does he need a game or two to get ready? Those are things we’ll discuss with the player and the medical team.”

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
Coyle and Kase returning lets the team trim the active roster by one Wagner/Kuhlman, which is a very good thing. those latter-mentioned guys run failing grades this season while Coyle and Kase don't let their struggles anchor the team in minuses, much like how DeBrusk has rallied to maintain at least a zeroed-balance of positive/negative output. Kuhlman might suffer a bit of bad timing from when he has been called on and has played, so I'm not looking to entirely move on from the guy, but I think seeing any playoff Wagner is, uh... not good. it's hard to see good dudes struggle to stick to the lineup, but I really hope that the end of Wagner's struggles to not let his participation become a runaway train of minuses happens by default when he isn't dressed until/unless multiple right-winger injuries occur. the team has quite usually eliminated the sieve skaters from the bottom of the (relative) plus/minus chart, but us claiming a whopping minus-seven as the seventh player this season really seems to put them in a tough spot with what any other season would have been an easy "let's move on from this dude" call. I am curious if others here feel similarly about the folks I've named above. I seek to have intelligent discourse on the matters. they all seem like great guys, but I wonder which of these men might return for a next campaign. see also Kuraly.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Need to Know: Bruins at Capitals

Ondrej Kase will also sit out after leaving Monday night's game with what was termed as an upper-body injury. The winger's return to the lineup after four months with a concussion lasted merely two periods, though Cassidy said on Tuesday morning that his departure was unrelated to his previous injury and is likely more of a conditioning issue.

"It had been his first game in a long time, so I was told he just didn't feel like he was getting through it at where he needed to be," said Cassidy. "So, the training staff, they decided to say, 'OK, let's cut it short tonight and we'll see where it ends up.'

"Obviously, he's not going to play tonight. We'll have a better assessment, Wednesday's a day off for everybody. He'll be in to see the trainers, so we'll probably have a much better idea either Wednesday or Thursday of how he came out of it."

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Need to Know: Bruins at Capitals

Ondrej Kase will also sit out after leaving Monday night's game with what was termed as an upper-body injury. The winger's return to the lineup after four months with a concussion lasted merely two periods, though Cassidy said on Tuesday morning that his departure was unrelated to his previous injury and is likely more of a conditioning issue.

"It had been his first game in a long time, so I was told he just didn't feel like he was getting through it at where he needed to be," said Cassidy. "So, the training staff, they decided to say, 'OK, let's cut it short tonight and we'll see where it ends up.'

"Obviously, he's not going to play tonight. We'll have a better assessment, Wednesday's a day off for everybody. He'll be in to see the trainers, so we'll probably have a much better idea either Wednesday or Thursday of how he came out of it."

could be scared, he took that big hit and maybe even though it didn’t hurt him maybe scared him, and honestly wouldn’t blame him for that. I’d be the same too

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Good news on Kase that it wasn't the noggin. In a 28 game 2nd season having a guy like that to slot into the lineup fresh is a major plus for the B's so hoping he's OK and just shaking off the rust and cobwebs going into rd 1.

Unfortunately it didn't need to be his noggin' to set off a post-concussion reaction :(. I hope he can get back to contribute, but it's a scary situation for him.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Of course they said that, but they never actually said he had a concussion in the first place, either. Razor and Jaffe were talking about it on Morning Bru after the game.

Like I said, it wasn't said by the bruins it was said by Razor and Jaffe. That said, it could be connected to head injury and hoping that isn't the case.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Like I said, it wasn't said by the bruins it was said by Razor and Jaffe. That said, it could be connected to head injury and hoping that isn't the case.

Remember (channeling my inner Hutch here :laugh:) that they just called the original concussion an UBI, and the same thing with Carlo IIRC. We all knew what it was, though.

mg08

May 30, 2013
Enola, Pa
They said that for some players/ex-teammates, as soon as their heart rate went up above 170, they would have issues related to previous head injuries.....just an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad