Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Too bad on Kase, he could have helped Coyle. So far the vest winger he has had was Smith.

I’m a Coyle fan but people need to stop making excuses for him. He’s making 5.2M and he alone is responsible for his poor play. He didn’t look good with Smith, DeBrusk or Ritchie. Look around the league, those three guys are better wingers than what 90% of teams have on their 3rd lines. I like Coyle but I don’t get why people can’t call it straight with him...it’s not on his wingers. He’s been the problem on that line.

Also, if Kase comes back he wouldn’t make it through one game vs the Pens, One Period vs the Islanders or one shift vs the Caps. I’m pulling for the guy to get healthy and be able to get his career going but I don’t think an intense playoff series is the best place to ease him back in. Start over next year.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I really don't believe it is in Kase's best interest to come back this year even if he is cleared. He'd be rusty as hell after such a long layoff, he'd probably need more regular season games than are left on the schedule to get his timing etc back. Better for him to stay out and let his brain heal some more.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020

Good news!

upload_2021-4-29_8-58-42.gif

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
No, nothing has been confirmed. Jaffe on his podcast said he doesn't think we'll see Kase this year, and Butch said that he has no update but that they (team) is "running out of runway". But he has been out skating, so that's a plus.

I suppose, but then again he has been skating for quite a few weeks now. He still hasnt made it to practice even in a maroon jersey, so it's not looking good for him.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
A "third" line of DeBrusk-Coyle-Kase could cost the Bruins games. I liked DeBrusk but it is time to move on, signing Coyle to a 5 year deal with a modified no trade was a huge mistake and I just feel sorry for Kase, the few games he has played he doesn't seem afraid to go to the dirty areas but I doubt he would make much impact with the offensive voids of DeBrusk and Coyle on his line.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Like your suggestion of that being a good line lol. A healthy scratch A guy that will never play again and A guy that should have been scratched 10 games ago. Mine as well bring up the first line in Providence to be the third line.

Keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad