Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I hope he’s ok. Long time with no updates ir reported progress. Not good with his concussion history
Its tough, you look at a guy like Bergeron go through the same thing and you just can't help but think that there is no one like Bergeron...makes me doubt that Kase can recover and play again.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
From the Globe:

Miller not close

Cassidy over the weekend did not sound optimistic about sidelined blue liner Kevan Miller returning soon.

“He’s doing some off-ice stuff and feeling a little better,” said Cassidy. “But until he gets on the ice [for a practice], that’s just speculation. Probably say status quo at best.”

Miller lost all of last season after twice fracturing a kneecap in the spring of 2019, first at the end of the regular season, then again as he was preparing to return for the conference finals.

“He was disappointed he had a setback; he’s put in a lot of hard work, made it through a good, what, month at least,” added Cassidy. “Had some minor issues, a day off here or there, and then it kind of flared up on him.

“This is what happens after a couple of surgeries. It needs time to calm down. But yes, he wants to be back in the lineup. Felt he was doing everything he could to get back, was playing well, doing his job, contributing, and then to have the setback, it affects you mentally.

“But we’re trying to keep it as positive as possible with him, and again, hopefully it’s just a one-and-done thing and he’s ready to go soon.”

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
From the Globe:

Miller not close

Cassidy over the weekend did not sound optimistic about sidelined blue liner Kevan Miller returning soon.

“He’s doing some off-ice stuff and feeling a little better,” said Cassidy. “But until he gets on the ice [for a practice], that’s just speculation. Probably say status quo at best.”

Miller lost all of last season after twice fracturing a kneecap in the spring of 2019, first at the end of the regular season, then again as he was preparing to return for the conference finals.

“He was disappointed he had a setback; he’s put in a lot of hard work, made it through a good, what, month at least,” added Cassidy. “Had some minor issues, a day off here or there, and then it kind of flared up on him.

“This is what happens after a couple of surgeries. It needs time to calm down. But yes, he wants to be back in the lineup. Felt he was doing everything he could to get back, was playing well, doing his job, contributing, and then to have the setback, it affects you mentally.

“But we’re trying to keep it as positive as possible with him, and again, hopefully it’s just a one-and-done thing and he’s ready to go soon.”
bummer

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
But not really unexpected if we're honest, right? He's 32 with a lot of hard hockey miles on him, plays a punishing physical style and a reconstructed knee that was so badly destroyed that he was sidelined for over a year. I am surprised he made it as long as he did without running into some sort of problem.

Yeah not at all, unfortunately. I was just surprised that he played so many games in a row right from the start. Obviously I don't know the fine details of his condition, but after so so long off the ice and so many operations, it's unusual that they ran him so hard for over a month. Clearly the medical staff thought it'd be ok, but, well, here we are. Maybe it would have happened even with more rest, but regardless it's not a great look to have the poor guy facing another long break. Now all they can do is wait and assess and hope.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
They definitely should have given Miller games off. Very unfortunate.

But I can see Miller telling them "I'm fine, I'm fine, no problem" so they let him play. Most players are like that, they'll ignore an issue or the return of an issue in an effort to keep playing & Killer is probably worse that way seeing how he's missed 2 years already. Maybe the medical staff should have been stricter but it is too late now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad