Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Well there are a lot of different bones in the hand , I guess it depends on which one you break . I broke all the metacarpal bones in my right hand ( except for the thumb) . One of them I broke twice. There is a slight deformity on the back of my hand but other than that I feel nothing.

I broke the ones on the outer edge of the hand and punky knuckle- so now they ache from time to time and have done for close to 40 years. Other than that, no problems, though.

Fun fact, I dislocated my pinky playing football in college. Was always askew with an enlarged knuckle. I dislocated it again playing hockey some 15 years later and it popped back into the original position, with only a little scare tissue remaining.

Now, if there was only something similar I could do to my MCL...

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Shocked he went as long as he did without an injury.Lauzon injury is a big blow and Kevin Miller is another guy you cannot trust.Bruins GM has work to do
It certainly is a blow but if Vaak can prove himself now ( and he will never get a better opportunity) it could ultimately prove beneficial long term . Maybe Vaak takes off and never looks back and Lauzon comes back to play with Carlo in a shutdown role .

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
It certainly is a blow but if Vaak can prove himself now ( and he will never get a better opportunity) it could ultimately prove beneficial long term . Maybe Vaak takes off and never looks back and Lauzon comes back to play with Carlo in a shutdown role .

Boston has the # 2 Penalty Kill in NHL.Lauzon logs 2nd most ice time on it.Guys will need to step up in this area and not sure if this was posted but here is a short read with some stats included. .Jeremy Lauzon injury: Bruins d-man out at least a month with fractured hand

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
As bad as it is to lose so many Dmen to injury i feel its at the same time a blessing to have that many guys who can slot in and contribute . This also lets everyone get some very valuable playing time .
If we are looking at silver linings it increases the asset value of guys like Clifton, Moore, Zboril and Vaak. If we have to make a deal this ice time could be helpful.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I’ve never heard more radio silence on a players status then there is on Kase

no one in the media asks Bruce about him and Bruce provides no updates

he has been out 40 days now with no mention about a possible return from anyone
he was asked about a week ago and I believe said he's skating on his own (but obv no timeline for a return yet)

Reactions: 13Hockey

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
“He plays hard, he puts himself in harm’s way, so we know sometimes that’ll result in injuries for any player like that,” coach Bruce Cassidy said. “But this is tough. It seemed like a harmless play when he did get hurt."

“He’s injected himself into much more violent or physical situations, but he’ll work hard, he’ll get back. It sounds like it’ll be about four weeks or so. So there’s lots of hockey left when he gets back. He’ll just have to keep his conditioning up. Of course I feel for him, but he’ll be back.”

Loss of Jeremy Lauzon to a broken hand leaves Bruins trying to figure out how to adjust on defense - The Boston Globe

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
The Miller situation is worrisome. Guy has been providing a good, solid veteran presence on the D squad – something that it's otherwise lacking , outside of Moore – and toughness. I hope it's just a temporary condition, and not a harbinger of things to come.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Dr Hook

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Except when the weather changes. I can sense a storm coming well in advance :laugh:
Enjoy it while you can. I was in exactly the same boat with hand and ankle breaks (several) and sort of enjoyed being able to tell people when the weather was going to shift.

Then I hit 56.... and for some reason that seemed to be the change. Now I ache most of the time.:laugh: If you go by me now, the weather is always changing.:laugh:

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The Miller situation is worrisome. Guy has been providing a good, solid veteran presence on the D squad – something that it's otherwise lacking , outside of Moore – and toughness. I hope it's just a temporary condition, and not a harbinger of things to come.
On a serious note, I could not agree more.

He was skating well and moving the puck well. Several commented that he was eating the puck more over the past few games and I think that's true. Appears now that pain might have been impacting his mobility.

We are a much better team with him playing the way he started the season. Not the least of which, as you point out, the physical aspect.

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Defense is stretched thin as Bruins get set to take on the Islanders - The Boston Globe

The Bruins will be without three of the blue liners who were in their top six to start the season: Jeremy Lauzon, Matt Grzelcyk, and Kevan Miller.
Lauzon underwent surgery soon after fracturing a bone in his left hand Sunday at the outdoor game vs. the Flyers at Lake Tahoe. He’ll be down for a minimum of four weeks.

Miller, who has staged a strong comeback following a season-plus lost to a fractured kneecap, moved to the sidelines late last week when experiencing some tenderness in the knee.
“We knew there’d be a little bit unknown,” said coach Bruce Cassidy, referring to Miller’s interrupted return. “So far it’s been really good for him — able to play, play his style, play hard, not miss much time. But the last few days haven’t been cooperating as much as we’d like — or he’d like — so we are going to be cautious with it.”

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
On a serious note, I could not agree more.

He was skating well and moving the puck well. Several commented that he was eating the puck more over the past few games and I think that's true. Appears now that pain might have been impacting his mobility.

We are a much better team with him playing the way he started the season. Not the least of which, as you point out, the physical aspect.

That was always the risk with him- once the wear and tear of regular games started. I imagine they played him as long as he was indicating he felt good and ready to go, which might have been a mistake? Who knows. I know athletes tend to downplay the aches and pains and ignore their bodies to an extent.

Oh, and I am just turned 51, so probably have some pain coming in the near future.

Reactions: Number8

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

will be a HUGE boost to the lineup

Yep. He is a big miss. For the first couple of games he was out the team did fine and so many were crowing about how the team clearly didn't need him, expansion bait, trade, whatever. It's been evident for a few games now that he is a big part of that defense looking its best and the team will be much better on the blueline when he's back. I just hope this time to heal has been sufficient for whatever the injury is and that he is not coming back too soon only to have another setback. We see that too often it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->