Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Fun fact, I dislocated my pinky playing football in college. Was always askew with an enlarged knuckle. I dislocated it again playing hockey some 15 years later and it popped back into the original position, with only a little scare tissue remaining.

Now, if there was only something similar I could do to my MCL...
Please don’t dislocate your knee. I think you’ve used up your lucky break.

All us kids playing sports with reckless abandon thinking we were invincible......:laugh:

Reactions: lopey

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Yep. He is a big miss. For the first couple of games he was out the team did fine and so many were crowing about how the team clearly didn't need him, expansion bait, trade, whatever. It's been evident for a few games now that he is a big part of that defense looking its best and the team will be much better on the blueline when he's back. I just hope this time to heal has been sufficient for whatever the injury is and that he is not coming back too soon only to have another setback. We see that too often it seems.
Have to assume it was that ungodly “splits” he did in that game early in session. We miss his puck moving. Our breakouts early on were great. D injuries have been rough so far. Only hope is that this usually happens late in our seasons. Let’s hope we getting them out of our system early.

Reactions: kjpm and Dr Hook

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The plot thickens...

It does, and here's why:

Miller - activated
Krejci - non activated

The only benefit to activate Miller today instead of Wednesday was to send one of Kuhlman/Studnicka to the taxi squad and bank cap space.

Could have done the same with Krejci, send both down and bank a lot more.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
It does, and here's why:

Miller - activated
Krejci - non activated

The only benefit to activate Miller today instead of Wednesday was to send one of Kuhlman/Studnicka to the taxi squad and bank cap space.

Could have done the same with Krejci, send both down and bank a lot more.
Color me slow......what are you implying here or what is the main takeaway?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Color me slow......what are you implying here or what is the main takeaway?
You only have to have a 20 man roster, everyone else can go to the taxi squad.

By activating Miller, they are at 21 so they can send someone down and bank cap space.

So, why Miller? Why not Krejci or Gryz for that matter? Why not 2 of the 3 and bank even more cap space?

Gryz practiced on the weekend, but did not dress Sunday.

Could be an indication that Miller is closer. And I stress could be.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

By activating Miller, they are at 21 so they can send someone down and bank cap space.

So, why Miller? Why not Krejci or Gryz for that matter? Why not 2 of the 3 and bank even more cap space?

Again, I’m not good at understanding the complex Cap machinations.

However, if I’m reading this right, it means Krejci is not close at all. Am I on base here?

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton

Gotcha!
You're right that is weird!

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
It would be great to have Killer back in the lineup but if he is the Bruins need to be more careful with him going forward. This is one instance where I don't mock "load management".
Killer and Chiller. Love those nicknames.

Reactions: BMC

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Far be it from for me to want a less physical player in the lineup but Bjork should be in over Kuraly or Wagner. He can't buy a goal but he generates shots and rebounds that Studnicka could capitalize on. I also liked McKegg's game on Sunday. Wagner and especially Kuraly have brought very little this year and I tend to defend both but Wagner especially needs to realize he needs to be physical or he is easily replaceable.

Vaak and the curse need to be the D pair that sit out.

Last edited:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Far be it from for me to want a less physical player in the lineup but Bjork should be in over Kuraly or Wagner. He can't buy a goal but he generates shots and rebounds that Studnicka could capitalize on. I also liked McKegg's game on Sunday. Wagner and especially Kuraly have brought very little this year and I tend to defend both but Wagner especially needs to realize he needs to be physical or he is easily replaceable.

Vaak and the curse need to be the D pair that sit out.
I like these lines!
Gimme Tinnordi-Clifton vs the Caps game 1 though

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Super curious to know what Branvold and Kase have been working on. He might be cooked but he just might be able to make adjustments to his game to better protect himself. Take Bjork for example - it's been a long time since he was lit up after working his way through his shoulder injuries. His first couple years he seemed to get rocked every few games. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for Kase to make some similar tweaks and return.

Also didn't Bergeron do a lot of work to strengthen his neck and shoulders when he was working through his concussion trouble? Concussions are finicky but there's definitely things you can do to prevent them.

I'm holding out hope either way. Most importantly I hope Kase is well - these things are no joke. He should take however much time he needs to work his way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad