Management Bruce Cassidy II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Cassidy is being out-coached at the moment. Babcock has him sending out the Bruins 4th line against his own 1st line even when Cassidy has the last change. When you can get the opposing coach to try and put his 4th line on the ice against your 1st your winning... Babcock is sticking with his line combos and Cassidy is leaving the blender on from horn to horn. He is also overplaying the Bergy line, which combined with the constant double shifting and line juggling is tiring them out.
It was alarming that he, and a lot of other people, were looking to Sean Kuraly, to play a major role in this series.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
How do you scratch the team’s best two forecheckers and then expect the team to compete in a must win playoff game?

Big fan of Cassidy but this is baffling

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
So, when they win he's good. When they lose he's bad.
Lets pretend for a minute that we’re adults having a reasoned conversation.

It so happened that the team played well in games 4 & 6 but unlike in game 2 where no coaching adjustments were needed, they were needed in games 4 and 6 and he made them...and the team played well. So, yes, I’m suggesting there’s a correlation. Kudos to him.

Will he do the same in Game 7 to the same effect? We’ll know in about 48 hours.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Maybe it is me but I don't feel coaching has decided much in this series . Most the match ups are saw -offs .

Simply put I have heard after every game how the winning coach was so good and the losing coach so bad and I have heard that from the media as well . I say both are good coaches and I really haven't seen any major edges gained through coaching in this series .

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I've been very critical of Cassidy in this series but I give him a TON of credit for the job he did today.

IMO, major changes were needed in how HE was approaching this series, and in that in-game interview today, he went right down the list..."We decided to be more assertive with our forecheck, pinches, quick ups and getting on top of people, and it's worked out for us. This is more our identity. Toronto is a fast team so we have to be careful, there's a risk/reward, but so far it's worked out for us."

:clap:

Reactions: Beantown Beatdown

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
It was alarming that he, and a lot of other people, were looking to Sean Kuraly, to play a major role in this series.

You feel different about this statement today? Kuraly is actually a pretty damn important player for this team. He was terrific yesteday.

As for Butch.... yesterday was his best coaching job of the series for sure. Got some speed back in the lineup, which they should have done in game 5. Got back to playing their game instead of trying to beat Toronto's game, which I think is extremely important. For the first 5 games it seemed like Babcock let Cassidy do all the tinkering, and adjustments, and Toronto just played their game... and I think we finally played ours in game 6. Hopefully we see that again tomorrow.

Reactions: PlayMakers

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
You feel different about this statement today? Kuraly is actually a pretty damn important player for this team. He was terrific yesteday.

As for Butch.... yesterday was his best coaching job of the series for sure. Got some speed back in the lineup, which they should have done in game 5. Got back to playing their game instead of trying to beat Toronto's game, which I think is extremely important. For the first 5 games it seemed like Babcock let Cassidy do all the tinkering, and adjustments, and Toronto just played their game... and I think we finally played ours in game 6. Hopefully we see that again tomorrow.
Yes and no. I meant more that it was his first game back and starting the fourth line and the pregame comments seemed like we were welcoming back an All Star caliber player. I love SK’s game and he was great yesterday and we definitely need him, and missed him, on the fourth line. I guess I just more meant that even if SK has the best game of his entire life, if the 63s 88s 37s and 46s don’t come through, it’s all for naught.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Still unsure how I feel about Moore + Gryz pairing. But beyond that, he's made some real nice adjustments.

Not too much choice in that one due to the injuries to Miller and Clifton- Gryz is on his right side in that pairing and he's better on his left, as is Moore, but Gryz is better on the right than Moore, but whatever the case there is going to be some struggle. Gryz or Moore on the right are still miles better than the Kampfer option, though.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How do you scratch the team’s best two forecheckers and then expect the team to compete in a must win playoff game?

Big fan of Cassidy but this is baffling
Wagner IMO, is not healthy, no way he goes from playing the game we saw all season to what he`s done in the playoffs and Backes, despite having a great game 2 has been irrelevant since then, totally understandable moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad