Recalled/Assigned: Brown called up on an emergency basis.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Like a kid playing his first game.
A few times he expected to have more time and found out the nhl speed is higher than the ahl, but he adjusted well.
Never a liability and looked very promising.

I noticed this specifically, his positioning was very good.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Brownie is one of the kids I hope starts next year with the Leafs.

He is late round underdog draft pick that still shows promise to be able to beat the historical odds and make the show.

In his last year of junior in Erie he put up 45 goals 83 assists and 128 points and that is Mitch Marner territory. He was also the same size of 5-11/161.

He was drafted into the OHL at 125lbs and drafted by the Leafs at 145lbs and now is up to 185lbs and turned himself into a potential NHLer.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Well he got caught from behind by Jagr a few times. That is never a good thing. Guy is 44 and 230lb. It is like getting caught by Father Time.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Brownie is one of the kids I hope starts next year with the Leafs.

He is late round underdog draft pick that still shows promise to be able to beat the historical odds and make the show.

In his last year of junior in Erie he put up 45 goals 83 assists and 128 points and that is Mitch Marner territory. He was also the same size of 5-11/161.

He was drafted into the OHL at 125lbs and drafted by the Leafs at 145lbs and now is up to 185lbs and turned himself into a potential NHLer.

Brownie was 20 when he did that....the Magical one was 17 and 18. Brownie also never hit 2.0x ppg. The Magic man rolls out of bed at 2.0x ppg.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Well he got caught from behind by Jagr a few times. That is never a good thing. Guy is 44 and 230lb. It is like getting caught by Father Time.

So did willie and many many nhl players over the years. Jager knows where to be. Its not like he ran him down from behind while brown was skating full speed.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Wonder how many games he'll get. I heard Bozak was skating.

Not sure I can take anything from this game as meaningful, luck played the biggest role in the outcome.

He'll be returned soon, probably for the Marlies game tonight I assume.

He's only up to replace Komarov and he should be fine for Saturday, unless he has a set back.

I'd use the last call up on Brown personally though if bodies are starting to get healthy. I think he deserves a couple more games at the very least.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Brownie was 20 when he did that....the Magical one was 17 and 18. Brownie also never hit 2.0x ppg. The Magic man rolls out of bed at 2.0x ppg.

Last season would have been Brown's 20yr old OHL season.

He scored 69 points at 18 and 128 at 19 in the OHL then 61 in the AHL in his overage OHL season.

Very impressive for someone his size to go from OHL and 69 points in 63 games at 18 to AHL and 61 points in 76 games at 20.

WHLfollower

Sep 16, 2013
Last season would have been Brown's 20yr old OHL season.

He scored 69 points at 18 and 128 at 19 in the OHL then 61 in the AHL in his overage OHL season.

Very impressive for someone his size to go from OHL and 69 points in 63 games at 18 to AHL and 61 points in 76 games at 20.

Connor McDavid was his center. The biggest thing why I am excited is his work ethic and awesome PK ability. Very good 2-way forward.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
They where on separate lines.

I swore they were on the same Power Play team

5 on 5 they mostly played on seperate lines. Brown's production went way up when McDavid went to the WJC's at the time.

Of course on the PP they would be put them together but how many minutes of PP a game do you typically get? A couple minutes at most?

If you want to know how a player got carried heavily by Connor Brown, just take a look at Dane Fox in his overage year.

Last edited:

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Conor Brown was legitimately the best player in the OHL in that final year. Obviously when you have McDavid on your team it helps, especially in taking the top defence pairings away. However as noted, when McDavid left for the WJC, Brown's production basically increased (much like Marner did when Domi left), and his PPG that year was higher than Conor's on the whole.

Brown will have an adjustment time because he isnt very big or fast. But you can see right away he "gets it", and his positioning is a tier above Nylanders right niw

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario

Nice of Komarov to get "injured" so the Toronto-born, Irish descented local drafted newest Leaf could make his début on St. Patty's day!

How convenient, eh Lou?

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Connor McDavid was his center. The biggest thing why I am excited is his work ethic and awesome PK ability. Very good 2-way forward.

Which is why it's important to look at all the numbers from both the OHL and AHL.

Connor McDavid hasn't played with him in the AHL but he's proven to be a strong player in that league.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Conor Brown was legitimately the best player in the OHL in that final year. Obviously when you have McDavid on your team it helps, especially in taking the top defence pairings away. However as noted, when McDavid left for the WJC, Brown's production basically increased (much like Marner did when Domi left), and his PPG that year was higher than Conor's on the whole.

Brown will have an adjustment time because he isnt very big or fast. But you can see right away he "gets it", and his positioning is a tier above Nylanders right niw

Most smaller players have an adjustment period.

What we should hope for is the young that could be in our lineup in October bring an enthusiasm every night that allows them to each reach their peak under a coach who knows how to handle seemingly whatever this sport will throw at him and find a way improve every night.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Most smaller players have an adjustment period.

What we should hope for is the young that could be in our lineup in October bring an enthusiasm every night that allows them to each reach their peak under a coach who knows how to handle seemingly whatever this sport will throw at him and find a way improve every night.

Agreed.

The best thing for him is to see that in the NHL you have to be a little stronger and a little quicker to be effective like he is in the AHL. He will know that now.

I feel like he is a guy who works major hard in the off-season so I expect he comes to camp more ready to be a player

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
So did willie and many many nhl players over the years. Jager knows where to be. Its not like he ran him down from behind while brown was skating full speed.

He actually did though, Brown looked alright. Got knocked off the puck easily on several occasions. Its only 1 game, time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad