Recalled/Assigned: Brown called up on an emergency basis.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
He'll be returned soon, probably for the Marlies game tonight I assume.

He's only up to replace Komarov and he should be fine for Saturday, unless he has a set back.

I'd use the last call up on Brown personally though if bodies are starting to get healthy. I think he deserves a couple more games at the very least.

Yea I would give Brown more time up. It's one thing to bounce someone up who has time under his belt (Arcobello & Clune), but for a younger kid it's best to get a number of games before returning them. First game the kids are in la la land, got to get them to a comfortable stage to see how they "really" are.

I could see Soshnikov being the 4th if returning from injuries start to force players to be returned to the Marlies, but at this time of year most players have various degrees of injuries so "allowing" a regular player to miss a game & have him covered by an emergency call up is legit.

Last edited:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He actually did though, Brown looked alright. Got knocked off the puck easily on several occasions. Its only 1 game, time will tell.

Iirc brown was coasting through the high slot when he got the puck. He glanced around and was about to do something boom! Jager was on him.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Has found a way to succeed at every level despite the odds looking like a promising young leader among this new core

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Love Brown's game... And as he gains experience and matures he'll only get better .. Great IQ, work ethic, and compete. Very much so a Babcock style of player.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
doesnt have ideal size, doesnt move that fast but hes always moving and he plays hard and works hard...he has nice hands though, nice puck handling, passing, and can create solid offense, his shot is okay

6 pts so far in 7 is mighty impressive

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Love Brown's game... And as he gains experience and matures he'll only get better .. Great IQ, work ethic, and compete. Very much so a Babcock style of player.

I don't know how he isn't apart of the Leafs next year. He's just such a reliable player.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
doesnt have ideal size, doesnt move that fast but hes always moving and he plays hard and works hard...he has nice hands though, nice puck handling, passing, and can create solid offense, his shot is okay

6 pts so far in 7 is mighty impressive

I'm not sure why folk are saying skating is an issue. He might not be a big powerful skater, but he is quick and wins races for the puck. This guy can flat out play. He thinks the game at a very high level and is a good candidate to play with high end players. He's found a way to produce at every level he has played and looks like he's made a very comfortable adjustment to the NHL. When the roster gets assembled next year, he may actually end up back with the Marlies for start of the year, but this kid will be a Maple Leaf in the near future.

Really encouraged by the play of the young players who have come up this year. Brown, Hyman, Soshnikov, Leivo and Nylander all have done very well.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Let's get him on willies line.
Next year we could see
Jvr kadri komorov
Vesey nylander brown
Hyman bozak Puljujarvi

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
I'm not sure why folk are saying skating is an issue. He might not be a big powerful skater, but he is quick and wins races for the puck. This guy can flat out play. He thinks the game at a very high level and is a good candidate to play with high end players. He's found a way to produce at every level he has played and looks like he's made a very comfortable adjustment to the NHL. When the roster gets assembled next year, he may actually end up back with the Marlies for start of the year, but this kid will be a Maple Leaf in the near future.

Really encouraged by the play of the young players who have come up this year. Brown, Hyman, Soshnikov, Leivo and Nylander all have done very well.

I don't see Brown starting on the Marlies, he was likely my first candidate for the big club this training camp. He's ready for the jump.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Need more protection for Nylander than 2 rookies.

Brown has been really good and played extremely well with Bozak.

I do get excited. I just see pap get 3 prime chanced by willie and think if only he had someone more capable on his line.
That said he willie ha impresed me with his defensive game versus some elite talent. Perhaps I'm overvaluating his readiness?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I do get excited. I just see pap get 3 prime chanced by willie and think if only he had someone more capable on his line.
That said he willie ha impresed me with his defensive game versus some elite talent. Perhaps I'm overvaluating his readiness?

PAP is likely the best scoring winger we have right now.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Not big or fast, but definitely smart, skilled, quick, and tough enough to be a quality nhl scorer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad