Recalled/Assigned: Brown called up on an emergency basis.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Finally! I've been waiting a long time to see this kid with the big club. I think he's going to be an important part of the future Leafs

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Looks like he's going to be playing low end minutes tonight. With the way the lines have played recently, no point in disrupting them too much.

I can't believe he's not playing with Nylander. After watching how they dominated that game against Buffalo in preseason and the kind of roll Brown has been on in the A, putting him with plugs like Smith and Michalek is just sad.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Almost any time I see a new Leafs line...I feel ill. Rather see a kids line and hope he gets promoted for his effort soon!

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Definitely a guy i'll be rooting for. He's paid his dues and deserves a long look.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
This isn't a big surprise. I think most of us figured he would be the next guy up. Hopefully he gets in tonight because he deserves it.

Looks like he'll be playing with Michalek and Smith. Babcock should just put him in Komarov's spot. If he plays well enough, Babcock may move him up. He should get 10-12 minutes so let's hope he makes the best of it.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Great work by brown over the past 4 years pays of. When he was 14-15, I bet he himself doubted having an nhl career. Now he is set to make his debut and is a top 50 nhl prospect. Hope to see him and willy along with Hyman form s line sometime.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Great work by brown over the past 4 years pays of. When he was 14-15, I bet he himself doubted having an nhl career. Now he is set to make his debut and is a top 50 nhl prospect. Hope to see him and willy along with Hyman form s line sometime.

I really wouldn't be so optimistic about Hyman long term. It's not impossible but we've seen so little and some of the intensity is already fading.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I'm really rooting for this prospect. However unlike prospects like Nylander, Soshnikov, Kapanen, Hyman and Leipsic he may not have NHL legs. He should be very good on an NHL power play.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
What a silly system this is...."emergency" call ups almost every game...no wonder someone like Lou Lamoriello is able to find holes in these systems.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
What a silly system this is...."emergency" call ups almost every game...no wonder someone like Lou Lamoriello is able to find holes in these systems.

Leo is banged up and may not play. Conner may not play if leo is in. Hence the emergency call up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad