Post-Game Talk: BROKE! Pens lose 4-1 to juggernaut Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Unfortunately this may be true. Yohe tweeted last night about how the first line looked good.

I've been used to the local media waiving their pom-poms for the Steelers, but it never seemed like they did that for the Penguins up until last off season. No one in the media asked Shero a question about Bylsma's bad coaching decisions during the Boston series in the post-season press conference.

That's hardly a new development.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
This team needs Orpik to lead another cabal against the coach, because Sid and Geno sure as **** won't do anything more than send not too subtle hints.

I will add this, in seriousness: When the end comes, it's going to be a lot harder for the next coach to clean up the mess Bylsma made than it was for Bylsma to loosen the reigns. Lightening discipline always is easier than introducing structure and accountability from scratch, which is what the next Pens coach will have to do.

You have nothing to worry about, KIRK. Nobody is getting fired. We'll win enough games like last night to fool everybody into thinking everything is fine.

This is the epitome of a mediocre team, which is squarely what we've become.

Spinning our wheels, that's what we're doing.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
How do you even survive life with so much negativity over a simple game?

K, they may not win the cup, there's 29 other teams so odds aren't in any one team's favor.

It wasn't until I joined HFboards that I've seen people that, I guess, live through this team. Bylsma could change everything and if we still lost you'd still say the same negative thoughts.

Hockey is only a game, *******.

The Steelers are 3 - 6, I'm not cutting my wrists over it. I can't even imagine if you were a Browns fan, good lord.

if we were fans of a bad team, we would have lower expectations and be a lot less bothered by bad play.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Shero has played his own integral part in that. He was singularly obsessed with the Pens winning the cup, right up until they won a cup.

Shero is like someone who got married and promptly let themselves go. Sure, he can still look good sometimes when he puts the effort in, but he's not what he was and you shouldn't look too closely when he does try.

Something will eventually give, looking in the mirror one day, a comment, seeing old pictures, an affair, something.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
There is zero chance the team will fire team usa coach bylsma before the Olympics...0%.

also the pens media spin machine makes me ill. Starts with steigy and Errey and rolls through al of root...

Been saying this for a while now. Root is the ultimate knob-polishing network. And Trib Media is virtually all PR masked as sports reporting. Dejan gets in there with some good stuff once in a while but mostly there is a big machine built up around the Penguins, to keep fans at the teet. The amount of BS that comes out of Steigerwald's mouth is staggering. He was talking about Kunitz's goal like it was this:

...it was a lucky ****ing flick / carom off of Brodeur's equipment. But it's every night. Every time Fleury does something merely good he becomes "incredible" and on it goes. **** Root, including Funny Guy Errey. They're all polishing the brass on the Titanic.

tyler_durden_asking.png

Here's something to look forward to: Anaheim mercilessly pimp-slapping the Pens into submission on home ice Monday. It's going to be hideous.

We'll probably play a good game and Everything is OK ™. I would love to see us get the crap kicked out of us in all phases though. A humiliation would be useful, potentially. Especially if our guys were hustling and still got their ass kicked. If their D plays well, it could happen.

This is fantastic.

My favorite part: "Renew my season tickets." :laugh: So true.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Does anyone know the type of extraterrestrial that is on MAF helmet?

I wonder if they have hockey on his planet.

Or is he a she?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Scared or otherwise, I think that runs counter to his 'we are family' approach.

Did Mario have any influence on Therrien's firing? He's far from a meddling owner, but I wonder if the past is an example of what he might be thinking/considering now.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
I don't know, gordie, it's taking him an awfully long time to recognize that. Almost every fan has recognized this, yet the GM hasn't?

Why would we even want to keep him around if that's the case?

Just remember it wasn't Shero who recognized the value in trading for Marian Hossa but Ownership. Shero has this "stay the course mentality" and "our people mentality" which explains the reluctance to accept Bylsma's obvious failures & shortcomings with this team, especially over the last two seasons and right now.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Did Mario have any influence on Therrien's firing? He's far from a meddling owner, but I wonder if the past is an example of what he might be thinking/considering now.

One of the rare times Mario meddled, we landed Marian Hossa. I wish he'd meddle more, to be honest.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
that's not the only thing they are mentioning. I don't know if the poster is purposefully leaving that out or what.

what other meaningful things they are mentioning? not hearing that the problem may be a total lack of any in game structure, discipline, game flow, any resemblance of getting best out of your players.....
and yes savran just added that also the "other center" is in some kind of slump....

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I remember a time when high risk, low percentage plays were frowned upon.
I remember when drop passes at the bluelines were a bad thing.
I remember when this team was always in a game, despite the score.
I remember a team that was young and hungry.
I remember a Stanley Cup.

This team is forgettable.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'm convinced the players rule that locker room. Zero accountability. They play well or they fall apart. Not exactly conducive to winning close games or a 7 game series against the best.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Just remember it wasn't Shero who recognized the value in trading for Marian Hossa but Ownership. Shero has this "stay the course mentality" and "our people mentality" which explains the reluctance to accept Bylsma's obvious failures & shortcomings with this team, especially over the last two seasons and right now.

Shero can have a bit too much David Polie in him. There's a reason Nashville hasn't done jack. They're too scared to make any move to drastically shake their team up and maybe take a next step.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
what other meaningful things they are mentioning? not hearing that the problem may be a total lack of any in game structure, discipline, game flow, any resemblance of getting best out of your players.....
and yes savran just added that also the "other center" is in some kind of slump....

"Sid has had a few chances to score meaningful goals and has failed to do so each time"

You're right, they're down-right fellating him.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The Pens are having a really hard time transitioning out of the tweaked defensive scheme. I know everyone wants a change but I'm not sure if Martin is the right guy. I like him but he might be a bad fit for this team... I actually really liked Teddy Nolan.

I guess it leads back into the transition game but puck support up ice is really bad. Players are hitting the blue line all alone and throwing lame 30' wristers on net or driving into 3 players. Even Sid and Malkin...

Just forget the PP. Whats Joey Mullen doing these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad