Post-Game Talk: BROKE! Pens lose 4-1 to juggernaut Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
There is zero chance the team will fire team usa coach bylsma before the Olympics...0%.

also the pens media spin machine makes me ill. Starts with steigy and Errey and rolls through al of root...

pensfansince88

Feb 5, 2012
At least Orpik just admitted they are playing like ****. DB just sugar coats it all like everything is fine.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pretty much. I still think Shero can be a good GM for us but as long as he willfully ties his fortunes to Bylsma... I think the only way Dan goes (especially in an Olympic year) is if Mario cans them both, like what we saw in Buffalo. But then he creates another big problem: who is stepping in as GM? Botterill I guess. Martin likely would be named interim head coach and given some room to prove himself.

That's ****ing pathetic. I'm sorry but it is. The puck going in the net is the ONLY thing that matters dumbass, other than the puck not going into our net. That's where the results are. Either you are a results oriented coach or get the **** out. You'd make a great golf coach Bylsma... you'd probably have a collection of world champion range pros that can't deliver in an actual 4 day tournament and turn around and say, "But our technique on the range is very solid... very consistent. We were nailing those 175 and 200 pins all morning!"

Shift after shift, wave after wave... Dan Bylsma Excuse Generator.
magic8ball.png

DV, part of this team's problems lie in its construction. Since the Pens won the cup, the GM who traded Sid's BFF and a top 3 defenseman (without asking either one first) only has made 1 trade where it didn't involve futures or he didn't ask the player's permission first, and that was the Gogo for Nisky and Neal deal (young #5 for #5 and goal scoring winger), which isn't exactly a deal that comes along often. Unless Ray Shero is willing to 'risk' chemistry or 'risk' trusting a young defenseman if it means a stronger top six, firing the coach will disguise the team's weaknesses only.

But, I readily admit it's a necessary start. ;)

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I think tonight it can be said that our two best players were probably the two worst on the ice. If not them two, then 58 and one of them. Our goalie sucked, too, but my standards for him have essentially disappeared. Do people still feel Fleury is better than Brodeur? lol

All I know is 68 needs to be brought back, it's a crime he's not wearing our colors anymore. It's petty and it's stupid and this needs to be fixed. Otherwise, he's going to continue to punk us every time we play him.

Other than that, everything is fine.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Shero only needs to go if he refuses to recognize that Bylsma & Granato have turned this multi-million dollar franchise into their own personal Players-Only Country Club Spa and Resort.

penguins2946*

STOP BLAMING THE GOALIE. Fleury has been one of our high points this year. none of those goals were totally his fault. Stop being a fleury hater and open up your eyes. even if we had another goalie it wouldnt change the product we have seen on the ice

No one is blaming the goalie. Jesus, you sound like my ex-girlfriend. Just making stuff up and getting defensive and pissed about it.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Here's something to look forward to: Anaheim mercilessly pimp-slapping the Pens into submission on home ice Monday. It's going to be hideous.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
you know how bad we play now, when no one is blaming Flower even when he let two awful goals

Meh, I give any goalie who lets in 2 or less in almost any game a pass. He wasn't the problem tonight, nor has he been so far this season, save for a game, maybe 2.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
At least Orpik just admitted they are playing like ****. DB just sugar coats it all like everything is fine.

This team needs Orpik to lead another cabal against the coach, because Sid and Geno sure as **** won't do anything more than send not too subtle hints.

I will add this, in seriousness: When the end comes, it's going to be a lot harder for the next coach to clean up the mess Bylsma made than it was for Bylsma to loosen the reigns. Lightening discipline always is easier than introducing structure and accountability from scratch, which is what the next Pens coach will have to do.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
There is zero chance the team will fire team usa coach bylsma before the Olympics...0%.

also the pens media spin machine makes me ill. Starts with steigy and Errey and rolls through al of root...

Unfortunately this may be true. Yohe tweeted last night about how the first line looked good.

I've been used to the local media waiving their pom-poms for the Steelers, but it never seemed like they did that for the Penguins up until last off season. No one in the media asked Shero a question about Bylsma's bad coaching decisions during the Boston series in the post-season press conference.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Here's something to look forward to: Anaheim mercilessly pimp-slapping the Pens into submission on home ice Monday. It's going to be hideous.

I hope they get booed and there's a "fire X" chant.

And Fleury was bad but there were bigger problems; the entire team was pathetic. I had to really reach to give positives but I think they make the negatives more impactful so it had to be done.

Bylsma should be locked in a room with Rob Ford, a battle to the end for crack or Dupuis.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Shero only needs to go if he refuses to recognize that Bylsma & Granato have turned this multi-million dollar franchise into their own personal Players-Only Country Club Spa and Resort.

I don't know, gordie, it's taking him an awfully long time to recognize that. Almost every fan has recognized this, yet the GM hasn't?

Why would we even want to keep him around if that's the case?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Shero has played his own integral part in that. He was singularly obsessed with the Pens winning the cup, right up until they won a cup.

pensfansince88

Feb 5, 2012

if that happens it will go from the hot goalie excuse to 'we have to play better' finally but nothing will change, of course. i would root for a longer string of losses but we all know DB is going nowhere this year because of team usa. here's to hoping db finds a brain overnight.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens, especially Shero, won't blame anyone for anything so why would one expect any changes. Players are Ok with win some lose some. I think it finally hit Crosby it really doesn't matter. Shero will only take heat if the brass gets a call from Crosby's agent suggesting he may want to change his jersey to a team that cares about winning. Crosby has to be pissed over playing with two forwards that just signed three year extensions.

AlfredBundy

Apr 17, 2013
This is January 2009 all over again.

I remember it. Late November 2008, Sid went cold. Geno still was playing well and it disguised a lot of **** for about a month. Then, the wheels came off for Geno. Pens played bad hockey for a stretch, 'righted' the ship to .500 hockey for a stretch, but had one night where they'd beat the Sharks and then come right out the next and look like **** against the Panthers.

We're watching the same thing now, except the wheels just started off for Geno. Sid disguised a lot of ****, and now the wheels have come off for him.

Ultimately, this team isn't rocket science. If Sid and Geno are going, then this team can beat anyone, including anyone in the playoffs.

If one of them is going, then it's a playoff team, maybe one that wins a round.

If neither are going, then the Pens are ****** (unless the other team plays its third string goalie).

More than anything, Bylsma's job should be evaluated on whether he gets the most that he possibly can out of Sid and Geno. He does it, except when both are healthy.

Forget bench management and system and all the other stupidity. Sid and Geno are train wrecks, and Bylsma refuses to do anything to change it. For God's sake, try SOMETHING you jack***.

**** it. If Dan Bylsma is the coach of the Pens in 24 hours, then Ray Shero should just fire himself, because it's the only way to undo the mess he's (and by 'he' I mean Shero) made of this team.

/psychopathic rant

How do you even survive life with so much negativity over a simple game?

K, they may not win the cup, there's 29 other teams so odds aren't in any one team's favor.

It wasn't until I joined HFboards that I've seen people that, I guess, live through this team. Bylsma could change everything and if we still lost you'd still say the same negative thoughts.

Hockey is only a game, *******.

The Steelers are 3 - 6, I'm not cutting my wrists over it. I can't even imagine if you were a Browns fan, good lord.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

They may not. The Pens beat San Jose like 10 days before Therrien was fired. Part of the inconsistency that accompanies the downward spiral is that there are still a few upward spikes.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Shero has played his own integral part in that. He was singularly obsessed with the Pens winning the cup, right up until they won a cup.

You think Shero is scared of bringing in another coach that would haul ass?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
How do you even survive life with so much negativity over a simple game?

K, they may not win the cup, there's 29 other teams so odds aren't in any one team's favor.

It wasn't until I joined HFboards that I've seen people that, I guess, live through this team. Bylsma could change everything and if we still lost you'd still say the same negative thoughts.

Hockey is only a game, *******.

The Steelers are 3 - 6, I'm not cutting my wrists over it. I can't even imagine if you were a Browns fan, good lord.

there is a great deal of irony in your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad