Post-Game Talk: BROKE! Pens lose 4-1 to juggernaut Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Um. Why would we not put CSK on Giroux. Sid on Couts. And Malkin out against what's left.

I'm not saying Malkin didn't play like garbage. But just as its never his fault with Kirk. It's never DB's fault with you. There's a middle ground my man. He doesn't maximize this roster. Bench management is piss poor.

I've taken issue with tons of DB's decisions. I don't think trying to shelter a scoring champ and MVP who has perfectly complementary linemates by getting him away from a teenager should be counted against Bylsma.

If it's not Malkin's fault for not performing under those circumstances, because he can't beat a goddamned rookie flanked by his ideal 3rd wheel and a 1st Team All-Star sniper, then it never will be.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
that's fair.

still don't think it's entirely accurate.

Bylsma is a better coach when the tough decisions are made for him via injury.

He's a better coach when he has a team full of one type of player (grinders).

Injuries, grinders, etc... still don't explain why you send the Fourth Line out there with under a minute to go. It doesn't explain why, when you have last change, you match up the fourth line against Clode Giroux.

I don't know how anyone, including the most-staunch Bylsma defenders, can argue that he has any in-game coaching ability.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
still don't think it's entirely accurate.

Bylsma is a better coach when the tough decisions are made for him via injury.

He's a better coach when he has a team full of one type of player (grinders).

Injuries, grinders, etc... still don't explain why you send the Fourth Line out there with under a minute to go. It doesn't explain why, when you have last change, you match up the fourth line against Clode Giroux.

I don't know how anyone, including the most-staunch Bylsma defenders, can argue that he has any in-game coaching ability.

that's also fair.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I've taken issue with tons of DB's decisions. I don't think trying to shelter a scoring champ and MVP who has perfectly complementary linemates by getting him away from a teenager should be counted against Bylsma.

If it's not Malkin's fault for not performing under those circumstances, because he can't beat a goddamned rookie flanked by his ideal 3rd wheel and a 1st Team All-Star sniper, then it never will be.

And yet DB kept trotting Geno out against that same matchup. The best coaches in the game make adjustments when that happens.

Hell, when it was obvious that Sid was running out of gas in games 5 and 6, why not run Sid with Geno? He's stubborn to a fault. And it's happened way too often.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Trading Letang is the only way Shero gets a pass on having a brain. Although signing Letang to the contract shows he does not. Bylsma. Dupper. Letang. Jagr. Yes I went there.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I just can't believe that we can't score goals right now. That is one problem I never believed this team would have. Defense? Sure. Goaltending? You bet. Scoring ****ing goals? What the hell man.

And I'm sorry, but a lot of that falls on Sid and Geno right now. They aren't producing like we pay them to. Sid is too good to be puttering along like he has. Malkin is certainly too good to not be producing, especially now that he has the best winger on the team flanking him.

Sid especially has not done an effing thing lately. Nothing but the occasional secondary assist on the PP. He's so much better than this regardless of what you want to say about his linemates.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just can't believe that we can't score goals right now. That is one problem I never believed this team would have. Defense? Sure. Goaltending? You bet. Scoring ****ing goals? What the hell man.

And I'm sorry, but a lot of that falls on Sid and Geno right now. They aren't producing like we pay them to. Sid is too good to be puttering along like he has. Malkin is certainly too good to not be producing, especially now that he has the best winger on the team flanking him.

Sid especially has not done an effing thing lately. Nothing but the occasional secondary assist on the PP. He's so much better than this regardless of what you want to say about his linemates.

The entire team is playing with no structure and no fire. We haven't look like this since the end of Therrien's time here.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
KCD is never going to die until one of those guys gets traded or the coaching staff gets fired.

I'm wondering if they are so wrapped up with the thought that they need to have guys with lots of speed to keep up with Sid, and exclude all other factors from consideration.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
KCD is never going to die until one of those guys gets traded or the coaching staff gets fired.

I'm wondering if they are so wrapped up with the thought that they need to have guys with lots of speed to keep up with Sid, and exclude all other factors from consideration.

"Imagine how much easier it is to construct our team if we only have to spend 3.5MM on a winger for Sid"

end thought process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad