Brock Nelson

mrislander82

Feb 23, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Maybe I'm alone in this, but with the Logjam we have at the C position, Im ok with trading him. He is a great young talent, which I don't see why we cant parlay for something else.

For example, Make a run at Huberdeau? A young top 4 d-man?

Just thoughts, to be honest, I'm rooting for the excitement of a trade, maybe because its been a pretty slow offseason for us.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
I'm happy to see my Sock Melson caught on ha

Ahh you edited it back to Brock lol oh well.

LOL, because I didn't realize The Sock was in a different thread...

Sifl and Olly should reunite and do a Sock Melson bit as their favorite player.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Maybe I'm alone in this, but with the Logjam we have at the C position, Im ok with trading him. He is a great young talent, which I don't see why we cant parlay for something else.

Just thoughts, to be honest, I'm rooting for the excitement of a trade, maybe because its been a pretty slow offseason for us.

Nope you are not alone. I've been throwing Huberdeaus name around for atleast the past week. I'd consider this trade wether either player is signed or not. Hub can jump on JTs LW now.

Dal Colle - Tavares - Strome
Huberdeau - Nielsen - Okposo
Lee - Grabovski - Kulemin
Clutterbuck - Cizikas - Martin

That's a scary team (this is lines for the following year) this year obviously hub and Lee would get bumped up. And one of Petrov or grabs on the 3rd line as MDC may not be ready just yet.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006

I AM NOT OK WITH TRADING THE SOCK!

He has a unique skill set on the roster and has a very high ceiling. He had an amazing tourney at the worlds in May and I was happy to see that - because he did look gassed at the end of the season.

I think the Sock will be the more valuable player between he and Lee (and I'm high on Lee).

He will sign by tomorrow. I'm calling it.

rockhouse15

Jul 23, 2011

Trade for excitement's or story-line's sake, normally a bad idea. Spending 5 years developing a 6'3" two-way C (which there are not a lot in the NHL) just to jettison him when the team has all the leverage in negotiations, also a bad idea.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Trade for excitement's or story-line's sake, normally a bad idea. Spending 5 years developing a 6'3" two-way C (which there are not a lot in the NHL) just to jettison him when the team has all the leverage in negotiations, also a bad idea.

Depends on who it's for. Brock Nelson isn't untouchable, many people are acting like he is. I would trade him for Huberdeau or a young top 4 D like Shattenkirk in a heart beat

rockhouse15

Jul 23, 2011
Depends on who it's for. Brock Nelson isn't untouchable, many people are acting like he is. I would trade him for Huberdeau or a young top 4 D like Shattenkirk in a heart beat

Agree, Nelson is not untouchable. There are plenty of players and packages I would trade him for but they would have to be a decent over-payment and from the perspective of Florida and St. Louis, those guys would be considered an over-payment without adding something to Brock. Even then I'm always wary of trading young appreciating assets that have unique size and skill sets just to see them reach their potential somewhere else.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Huberdeau's already agreed with Florida on the term. They are just hammering out the AAV. Highly unlikely they'd flip him at that point in negotiations.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Agree, Nelson is not untouchable. There are plenty of players and packages I would trade him for but they would have to be a decent over-payment and from the perspective of Florida and St. Louis, those guys would be considered an over-payment without adding something to Brock. Even then I'm always wary of trading young appreciating assets that have unique size and skill sets just to see them reach their potential somewhere else.

I think Shattenkirk is an overpayment but I don't really think Huberdeau is nor do I think all Panther fans would view it as an overpayment. Brock has size and Huberdeau does not. Also some people soured on him after his sophomore slump.

Anyway I think Brock is moveable for an equal payment as well, not just an overpayment.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
http://www.thescore.com/news/831502

Yea I definitely don't believe that they aren't talking. Seems a little odd.

Doesn't seem that odd. The Isles' policy is basically that they will give you a fair offer, and you sign it or you don't play. They aren't looking to negotiate.

And Nelson's agent who is hoping the Isles will budge isn't going to keep bidding against himself.

It's basically a game of chicken at this point.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Doesn't seem that odd. The Isles' policy is basically that they will give you a fair offer, and you sign it or you don't play. They aren't looking to negotiate.

And Nelson's agent who is hoping the Isles will budge isn't going to keep bidding against himself.

It's basically a game of chicken at this point.

His 2nd half combined with all the forwards they have already and then forwards coming in organization shows Snow is asking him to prove himself that he is part of this thing going forward. Take the qualifier and score 30 this year and he will get his money like Lee did.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Not sure, why some of you think that Snow's offer Nelson got is 'fair'. He has no reason to be fair when he knows that Nelson's side has no leverage to negotiate. The agent obviously wants Nelson to be paid respectable money, but at the same time Snow has no reason to bid against himself and just tries to save as much as he can. This is business. Nelson not signing is worse for Nelson than for the team unfortunately. Just a messy situation to be stuck in.

rockhouse15

Jul 23, 2011
Not sure, why some of you think that Snow's offer Nelson got is 'fair'. He has no reason to be fair when he knows that Nelson's side has no leverage to negotiate. The agent obviously wants Nelson to be paid respectable money, but at the same time Snow has no reason to bid against himself and just tries to save as much as he can. This is business. Nelson not signing is worse for Nelson than for the team unfortunately. Just a messy situation to be stuck in.

Agree with this 100%. Why should Snow bid against himself? Nelson and his agent can ask for more money all they want but the fact remains they have nothing to force Snow's hand with. No other teams are offering contracts and there's no way he is going to run off and sign a long term deal with a Euro team. The worst thing he can do right now is cave and up the offer.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Don't be so sure about that. We have plenty of movable pieces. Wether it be roster players like Grabner or a prospect or BST or draft picks. You seem to have quickly forgotten what Snow is capable of. Will it happen prob not..can it ? Absolutely and without hurting our team. Huberdeau for Nelson + Grabner + 3rd pick in 2016. That's not far off from a done deal on both sides.

I don't doubt for a second that Snow would/could move Brock, my point was that he's not getting Huberdeau in return, not even with also giving them garbage like Grabner (who FLA already waived once) and a mid-round pick.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm skeptical of the "half" and "third" comments because that's not how Snow has traditionally operated at all. One day to find out though.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
What is the cut off date for Nelson to sign? We're getting close and I feel he's going to get traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad